Mowgli's village is attacked by the vicious tiger Shere Khan and he gets lost in the ruckus and runs into the jungle. There, Mowgli met Baloo the wise bear, Bagheera the black panther, and the rest of his animal friends and they have adventure after adventure. Toward the end, Mowgli sees humans, but decides to stay away from them and live with Baloo, Bagheera and the rest of his friends in the jungle.
- Peri Gilpin - Raksha
- Eartha Kitt - Bagheera
- Brian Doyle-Murray - Baloo
- Marty Ingels - Hathi
- Sherman Howard - Shere Khan
- Clancy Brown - Akela
- Stephen Tobolowsky - Tabaqui
- Kathy Najimy - Chil
- Wallace Shawn - Tarzan Chimp
- Dee Bradley Baker - Elephant, Bee, Mandrill, Turtle
- Ken Hudson Campbell - Wolf #1
- Nancy Cartwright - Wolf Pup, Doe, Macaw, Skunk, Chimp
- Myles Jeffrey - One of the wolf pups
- Ashley Peldon - Li'l Raksha
- Richard Kind - Chimp 1
- Catherine Lloyd Burns as Chimp 2
- Scott Menville as Wolf 2
- Quinton Flynn as Wolf 3, Bad Baboon
- Kay E. Kuter as Biranyi
- Katie Volding as Baby Li'l Raksha
- Isaac Lichter-Marck as Wolf Pup
- Dee Dee Rescher as Turtle, Rhesus
- Harriet Harris as Turtle, Rhesus
- Patrick Egan as Water Buffalo, Wolf, Rhesus
- Frank Welker - Bad Baboon, Deer, Porcupine, Mandrill, Special Vocal Effects
- Fred Savage - Narrator
- Kaa and King Louie are noticeably absent from this version of the story.
- This is the only Disney-made adaptation of The Jungle Book in which Tabaqui is Shere Khan's minion throughout.
- In addition, it is also the only Disney-made adaptation of The Jungle Book in which Bagheera is a female.
- Kathy Najimy and Ashley Peldon earlier had done voices in the Turner-WB film Cats Don't Dance as Tillie Hippo and Darla Dimple, respectively.
- Stephen Tobolowsky and Harriet Sansom Harris would later star alongside one another as Sammy Jankis and his wife, respectively, in the 2000 Christopher Nolan film Memento.