|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Walt Disney Company or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
The King's Man is an upcoming US / UK period action spy film directed, co-written, and produced by Matthew Vaughn, and co-written by Karl Gajdusek, from a story by Vaughn, based on the Kingsman comic book by Mark Millar.
As a collection of history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King's Man.
- Ralph Fiennes as Duke of Oxford
- Harris Dickinson as Conrad
- Gemma Arterton as Polly
- Rhys Ifans as Grigori Rasputin
- Matthew Goode as Tristan
- Tom Hollander as George V, Wilhelm II, and Nicholas II
- Daniel Brühl
- Djimon Hounsou as Shola
- Charles Dance as Arthur
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Lee Unwin
- Stanley Tucci as Merlin
- Alison Steadman
- Robert Aramayo
- Alexandra Maria Lara
- Joel Basman
In June 2018, Matthew Vaughn announced that a prequel film titled Kingsman: The Great Game was in active development, stating that the plot would take place during the early-1900s and would depict the formation of the spy agency and that the project would film back-to-back with "the third regular Kingsman film".
In September 2018, it was announced that Ralph Fiennes and Harris Dickinson would star in the prequel. In November 2018, it was revealed that Daniel Brühl, Charles Dance, Rhys Ifans and Matthew Goode would co-star in the film. In February 2019, it was reported that Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Gemma Arterton, Tom Hollander, Djimon Hounsou, Alison Steadman, Stanley Tucci, Robert Aramayo, and Neil Jackson had joined the cast as filming commenced at Longcross Studios in the United Kingdom. In April 2019, it was announced Alexandra Maria Lara had joined the cast of the film. Later in May, Joel Basman joined the cast. That same month, as filming concluded, Vaughn denied reports that Liam Neeson had joined the cast. Vaughn also claimed the film would not be titled The Great Game.
In April 2019 some scenes were shot in Turin and Venaria Reale, transformed into Yugoslavia.
- This is a prequel film to Kingsman: The Secret Service.
- This is the first Kingsman film to be released after Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox. The Kingsman comic is published by Icon, an imprint of Marvel Comics, making it the second Fox-Disney movie based on a Marvel comic since Dark Phoenix.
- This is the first film produced by Marv Films that was distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
- Tom Hollander previously played George V in BBC's TV movie The Lost Prince.
- This is the first Kingsman film not to have its music score collaborated by Henry Jackman; instead, Dominic Lewis takes over the scoring duties with Matthew Margeson (who previously scored first two films with Jackman).
- ↑ "Kick-Ass Reboot and Kingsman Universe Coming from Matthew Vaughn's New Studio". Empire (June 8, 2018) Retrieved on December 2, 2018.
- ↑ Murphy, Charles (August 9, 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: Details on 'KINGSMAN 3'". That Hashtag Show. Retrieved on December 2, 2018.
- ↑ Bamigboye, Baz (28 September 2018). "Exclusive: #RalphFiennes & @HarrisDickinson to star in #Kingsman:Untitled prequel set during WW1.". Twitter Retrieved on 2 December 2018.
- ↑ "WWI Era Prequel Movie 'Kingsman: The Great Game' Will Reportedly Star Ralph Fiennes and Harris Dickinson - GWW", thegww.com (28 September 2018). Retrieved on 2 December 2018.
- ↑ "Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones' Star Joins 'Kingsman' Prequel; Rhys Ifans in Talks" (29 November 2018). Retrieved on 2 December 2018.
- ↑ Sneider, Jeffrey (7 February 2019). "'Kingsman' Prequel: Matthew Vaughn Recruits 'Kick-Ass' Star Aaron Taylor-Johnson". Collider. Retrieved on 16 August 2019.
- ↑ Wiseman, Andreas (8 February 2019). "'Kingsman' Prequel: Harris Dickinson, Gemma Arterton, Ralph Fiennes, Aaron Taylor-Johnson Among Confirmed Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved on 16 August 2019.
- ↑ Boucher, Geoff (22 February 2019). "'Stargirl' Final Four: Amy Smart, Three Others Round Out DC Series Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved on 16 August 2019.
- ↑ Marc, Christopher (April 29, 2019). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Rush/Control' Actress Alexandra Maria Lara Joins The Cast of Matthew Vaughn's 'Kingsman: The Great Game'". HN Entertainment. Retrieved on April 29, 2019.
- ↑ Marc, Christopher (May 1, 2019). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Hanna/Papillon' Actor Joel Basman Is Another Addition To The Cast of Matthew Vaughn's 'Kingsman: The Great Game'". HN Entertainment. Retrieved on May 1, 2019.
- ↑ Haring, Bruce (May 26, 2019). "'Kingsman 3' Will Wrap The Eggsy/Harry Relationship, Says Director Matthew Vaughn". HN Entertainment. Retrieved on May 28, 2019.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Schiller, Griffin (May 30, 2019). "Kingsman: Matthew Vaughn Denies Liam Neeson's Involvement; Next Film Won't Be Called The Great Game [Exclusive]". Retrieved on June 16, 2019.
- ↑ Marc, Christopher (May 31, 2019). "Matthew Vaughn Says Kingsman 3 Aiming For 2021 Release Date and There Could Be Two More Movies Coming – Debunks Report That Liam Neeson Is In Kingsman: The Great Game". Retrieved on June 16, 2019.
- ↑ "Al via a Torino le riprese del film che racconta le "origini" dei Kingsman". Film Commission Torino Piemonte (April 24, 2019) Retrieved on July 2, 2019.