"The Knight Shift" is the first segment of the sixty-seventh episode of Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It premiered on April 14, 2019 alongside "Queen-Napped", and is the first segment of the eleventh episode in the fourth season.
Marco, along with his fellow squires, are all knighted by Queen Eclipsa, fulfilling their dreams. Star awards Marco with a custom made cape that she patched and he is soon approached by Sir Crandle (who suspiciously looks and acts similar to Mr. Candle from "Mr. Candle Cares") to tell him about choosing his life long knight duty. Marco is disinterested in all the options given to him as he finds them constricting. When he goes to talk to Star about it and admits that he is considering quitting to be a knight, Star is perturbed. She hides her dissatisfaction about it, but offhandedly refers to him as "Marco the Quitter". Marco goes to speak with Manfred (who is still turned to stone from the events of "Yada Yada Berries") and decides to go back and talk to Star. Before he can do that however, Marco is bagged.
Marco discovers that he and his fellow squires have all been taken to a shack by the other knights to celebrate choosing their life long career choices. When Marco admits that he did not pick one and was thinking of quitting, everyone else grows angry with him and wish to punish him for denying his knighthood, which Sir Crandle adds is actually a real rule for knights. Meanwhile, Star, also talking to stone Manfred, believes that she has offended Marco and wants to apologize. She becomes worried upon seeing his uneaten candy bar and goes to Eclipsa for advice. Laying her frustrations out, Eclipsa tells her not to worry and that Marco will show up again. Star finally agrees unaware of what has become of him.
The punishments turn out to be mundane, which annoys Marco. Higgs accuses Marco of being self-righteous about his abilities, especially when he mentions having trained in the Neverzone. Sir Stabby decides to burn his cape, resulting in Marco showing what all of his training has lead up to: beating every single person in the room and retrieving his cape without a scratch. Marco decides to offer his new knights a chance to go to the Neverzone with Higgs choosing to stay there permanently as there is nothing left for her on Mewni. Marco reunites with Star and reveals that he made a cape for her specifically. They make up as they watch the sun rise.
- Eden Sher as Star Butterfly
- Adam McArthur as Marco Diaz
- Dave Allen as Sir Crandle
- Esmé Bianco as Eclipsa Butterfly
- Lauren Lapkus as Higgs
- Dana Davis as Lady Whosits
- Mark Gagliardi as Sir Cuddles
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Giraffe Knight
- Fred Tatasciore as Sir Old Man
- Roger Craig Smith as Sir Stabby, Sir Baby Man
- Kari Wahlgren as Meteora Butterfly
- April Winchell as Cuddles' Mother
- The episode title is a play on "night shift".
- Marco is reveled to have been knighted nine times in the Neverzone.
- Mr. Candle is revealed to have a twin brother/doppelganger named Sir Crandle. However, it is possible that they are in fact the same person.
- The cape Star makes for Marco features images of Nachos, a plate of nachos, Marco as Princess Turdina, Marco's dimensional scissors, a goblin dog, and a laser puppy.
- The cape Marco makes for Star includes images of the two of them in their Halloween costumes (from "Hungry Larry"), Star making Marco her squire ("Lint Catcher"), the two of them with the Stump, the "Beach Day" photo, and the two of them with Buff Frog's tadpoles (from "Starsitting").
- Keith David is credited for voicing Glossaryck despite him not appearing in this episode or "Queen-Napped".
- June 21, 2019 (Southeast Asia)