The Legacy Collection: The Lion King is the first installment of the The Legacy Collection. It is a two-disc soundtrack featuring the songs from The Lion King, 30 minutes of previously unreleased score, and liner notes by Don Hahn and Academy Award-winning composer Hans Zimmer. It is the first release of a new line-up of collective CDs known as the "Legacy Collection" attributed to classic Disney films, and was released on June 24, 2014, in honor of 20th Anniversary.
The official track listing follows:
|1||Circle of Life/Nants' Ingonyama|
|2||Didn't Your Mother Tell You Not to Play with Your Food (Score)|
|3||We are All Connected (Score)|
|4||Hyenas in the Pride Lands (Score)|
|5||I Just Can't Wait to Be King|
|6||Elephant Graveyard (Score)|
|7||I Was Just Trying to Be Brave (Score)|
|9||Simba, It's to Die For (Score)|
|11||Mufasa Dies (Score)|
|12||If You Ever Come Back We'll Kill You (Score)|
|13||Bowling for Buzzards (Score)|
|15||We Gotta Bone to Pick With You (Score)|
|16||Kings of the Past (Score)|
|17||Nala, is It Really You? (Score)|
|18||Can You Feel the Love Tonight|
|19||Remember Who You Are (Score)|
|20||This is My Home (Score)|
|21||The Rightful King (Score)|
|1||The Morning Report|
|3||We Are All Connected (Score Demo)|
|4||I Was Just Trying to Be Brave (Score Demo)|
|5||Stampede (Score Demo)|
|6||Mufasa Dies (Score Demo)|
|7||This is My Home (Score Demo)|
|8||The Rightful King (Score Demo)|
|9||Circle of Life (Instrumental Demo)|
|10||Circle of Life (Performed by Elton John)|
|11||I Just Can't Wait to Be King (Performed by Elton John)|
|12||Can You Feel the Love Tonight (End Title)|
Differences from previous releases
- The mix for this version of the soundtrack differs greatly from the older releases. Jay Rifkin had mixed the original version of the soundtrack for the film, but for this release, Hans Zimmer asked Alan Meyerson to remix the score, bringing many previously-unheard elements forward.
- "We Are All Connected" features the insert that uses the Busa theme as it appears in the film.
- "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" has both Nala and Simba singing the line "No one saying 'See here'" - in the previous releases, only Nala sang it. In addition, it leads in from the previous track, "Hyenas In The Pride Lands".
- "Hakuna Matata" is longer than the previous album release, as it presents the film version of the song.
- "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" leads in from "Nala, Is It Really You?" and leads out to the next track, "Remember Who You Are".
- "This Is My Home" features "Hawaiian War Chant" at the end.
- "The Rightful King" includes a previously-unheard chorus singing in Swahili as Simba rises to Pride Rock.