The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording is a cast recording released on 1997 by The Walt Disney Company, a recording of the songs as heard in the stage musical. Most of the tracks were composed by African composer Lebo M and focused primarily on the African influences of the film's original music, with most songs being sung either partially or entirely in various African languages.
- Nants' Ingonyama/Circle of Life - Opening
- Grasslands Chant
- The Morning Report
- The Lioness Hunt
- I Just Can't Wait to Be King
- Chow Down
- They Live in You
- Be Prepared
- The Stampede
- Rafiki Mourns
- Hakuna Matata
- One by One
- The Madness of King Scar
- Endless Night
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- He Lives in You (Reprise)
- Timon's Hula/Simba Confronts Scar
- King of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise) - Ending
- The songs Grasslands Chant, The Lioness Hunt, Chow Down, They Live in You, Rafiki Mourns, One by One (present in The Lion King), The Madness of King Scar, Shadowland (present at The Lion King), Endless Night and Simba Confronts Scar are newest classics.
- Rafiki's chants in "Rafiki Mourns" were written by Tsidii Le Loka, who originated the role on Broadway.
- The 1997 Broadway Cast is the only soundtrack to record "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and is the only one not to include the full reprise of "Circle of Life".
- For the 2007 South African cast recording, "Rafiki Mourns" was cut and every other song was included in their complete form. This soundtrack also included a remix of the song "One by One" performed by the cast.
- The Spanish cast recording doesn't include The Morning Report maybe because the scene was removed from subsequent productions after the Broadway one since 2010. Also, it is the only one where One by One was renamed due to the language (in Spanish, it became Somos Mil).
- Also, the Charleston spoof by Timon and Pumbaa was replaced by a traditional Andalusian dance.
- In that same soundtrack, the aerial ballet verse of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" was cut just like in the Broadway version alongside a few minutes of "The Madness of King Scar" since 2010.
- For the cast recording done in Mexico, the songs "Simba Confronts Scar" and "King of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise)" were comprised into one song in the soundtrack, titled "Confrontación/Finale" ("Battle/Victory"), referring to the climax of the musical and triumph over evil.
- In that same soundtrack, it also included the part where Timon and Pumbaa fool the hyenas titled "La Bamba" (a popular Mexican song) replacing the Charleston part with alternate lyrics from the original version whereas in other soundtracks, it was not included.
- Currently, the only productions whose cast recordings were not released were the Brazilian and Korean productions of The Lion King.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Lion King (musical)#Recordings. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|