|| "Even miracles take a little time."
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
Thank you and have a magical day!
The Little Mermaid is an upcoming American live-action film which will be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a remake of the 1989 Walt Disney Animation Studios feature film of the same name, loosely based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Marc Platt will produce the film. In addition to supervising the story, Miranda will be teaming up with composer Alan Menken to re-work songs from the original and the two will also be composing new songs for the film.
- Halle Bailey as Ariel
- Jonah Hauer-King as Prince Eric
- Jacob Tremblay as Flounder
- Daveed Diggs as Sebastian
- Awkwafina as Scuttle
- Javier Bardem as King Triton
- Melissa McCarthy as Ursula
- Jude Akuwudike as Grimsby
- Noma Dumezweni as Carlotta
- This is the fourth collaboration between Rob Marshall and Disney after Marshall previously directed Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Into the Woods, and Mary Poppins Returns.
- This is the sixth Disney Princess remake, after Maleficent, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Mulan.
- "Disney's live-action The Little Mermaid casts Halle Bailey as Ariel". Entertainment Weekly (July 3, 2019).
- "Everything you need to know about The Little Mermaid's Prince Eric, Jonah Hauer-King (yes, he can sing)". Entertainment Weekly (November 12, 2019).
- "Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay Join ‘The Little Mermaid’ Live-Action Adaptation". Variety (July 1, 2019).
- "Live-Action Little Mermaid Makes a Major Change to Ursula's Backstory". CBR. Retrieved on March 16, 2021.
- "The Little Mermaid cast: These stars in talks for the Disney remake-who will be in it?". Express.co.uk (July 3, 2019).
- "Upcoming Disney Live-Action Remakes/Adaptations - (thedisinsider.com)".