The castle is getting ready for the annual Gifting Day Party. While outside picking flowers for the party, Sofia discovers three wee sprites named Button, Benngee, and Brody who are trapped in the water fountain. Sofia rescues them from the fountain and her amulet glows. After making a stray comment about being small, Sofia suddenly shrinks to the same size as the sprites. Thanks to a comment by Benngee, Sofia realizes her amulet has blessed her with the power to shrink to sprite size and back. After Sofia returns to normal, the sprites ask her if they can sleep over and Sofia tells them she has to ask her mother, who says no because she's heard negative things about wee sprites from a candle maker she knows. The sprites convince Sofia to sneak them in and, while they play in her dollhouse, her amulet glows again.
The next morning, Sofia discovers she's still tiny and tries to get back to normal but fails. Clover appears and, after hearing what happened, concludes that her amulet has put a curse on her and she needs to get the sprites out of the castle to break it. Sofia and Clover find the sprites "having fun" causing trouble around the castle. Meanwhile, Miranda goes around the castle looking for Sofia and finds the damage the sprites caused along the way. When she finds tiny footprints, Miranda realizes what's going on and who's responsible and doubles her efforts to find her daughter. Meanwhile, Sofia tricks the sprites into going outside and tries to return to normal only to discover she's still cursed because of the sprites' teleportation ability, to her despair.
Miranda is still looking for Sofia when she discovers the sprites. She chases them into Sofia and discovers her daughter's condition. Sofia tells her about the curse and apologizes for her actions. Miranda tells her the only way to get rid of wee sprites is to make them say they want to leave out loud and comes up with a plan. Sofia doesn't see how her mother's plan will get rid of the sprites, but Miranda sternly tells her daughter that her inability to just trust those around her made her not listen to her which caused this problem in the first place and if she wants to break the curse and get back to normal she needs to just have faith and listen to her this time. Sofia executes her mother's plan in a way that breaks the curse and returns her to normal. Later, after the party, she gives the sprites her dollhouse as their new home.
- Ariel Winter as Sofia
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Princess Amber
- Sara Ramirez as Queen Miranda
- Travis Willingham as King Roland II
- Tyler Merna as Prince James
- Tim Gunn as Baileywick
- Robin Atkin Downes as Chef Andre
- Vargus Mason as Brody
- Wayne Brady as Clover
- Sean Astin as Benngee
- Jennifer Hale as Suzette
- Isla Fisher as Button
- In this episode, it is shown the Amulet can take away a blessing by turning it into a curse, and can only be restored as a blessing if another good deed is done for the same people.
- This is the third time The Amulet of Avalor grants Sofia a blessing. The first was Once Upon a Princess and the second was The Floating Palace.
- This is the first regular episode where she receives a blessing.
- This is the third time the Amulet of Avalor unleashes a curse. The first was in "The Amulet and the Anthem" and the second was in The Curse of Princess Ivy.
- This is also the second time the Amulet places a curse on Sofia. Like her first curse, this second curse is very minor.
- This is also the first time a Princess doesn't get summoned to help Sofia break the curse.
- Clover implies that Sofia has had other curses between this curse and her first curse.
- Chef Andre makes his third appearance in this episode. His debut was in "Gizmo Gwen" and his second appearence was in The Curse of Princess Ivy.
- The model castle from "Cedric's Apprentice" made an appearance here in this episode.
- James wears his rolling wheelie shoes from "King for a Day" for the second time in this episode.
- Miranda almost finds out Sofia's secret when her daughter tells her that she was cursed for her disobedience.
- This is the first time Miranda directly helps Sofia solve a problem instead of just pointing her in the right direction.
- Moral: Have faith in your loved ones and listen to them when they're trying to help.
- When Sofia is cursed by her amulet to not grow to her normal size, she wears her princess outfit, but when she wakes up on the next day, she's wearing her nightgown.
- On the same way, Sofia wakes up on the next day using her slippers reduced to a sprite scale, though she usually sleeps barefoot.