"The Mom Attractor" is an episode of Phineas and Ferb.
When the boys ask Candace to decide what they should do for the day, she slyly asks them to invent a device to attract their Mom so that she can finally bust her brothers. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz has invented a "Baby-Cry-Inator" designed to tarnish his goodie-two-shoes brother's image with the electorate.
Candace is talking to Stacy outside, where she can get some sunbathing and bust her brothers. She doesn't realize they're right in front of her. Phineas is fooled by Candace's sarcasm, saying she doesn't know they build stuff every day. He and Ferb decide to let Candace decide what to do for the day. She says something big; nothing compared to their skyscraper to the Moon, but something Mom can see. She wants them to build a "Mom Attractor" so she'll come to see what Phineas and Ferb build by it using things she likes. Candace goes inside to Lawrence to ask what Linda likes that he says she liked his rhubarb Creme Brulee, and decides he wants to make it today, and Candace leaves.
Perry heads to his lair that Major Monogram brief him about Doofenshmirtz buying items for disposable baby diapers and to check it out. Monogram tells about hovercraft was still in repairs, Carl gave Perry last-minute alternative transportation by giving him a fruit hat and a gorilla carrying him to Doofenshmirtz. Meanwhile, Lawrence starts to make his rhubarb Creme Brulee for Linda and while Phineas and Ferb build the Mom Attractor.
At Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, Doofenshmirtz singing while using a mallet to set up a stand until Perry enters with a Gorilla that Doofenshmirtz didn't recognize Perry until he wears the fedora. The Gorilla leaves by breaking the door and Doofenshmirtz traps Perry with his happy jump-inator that a perfect theme for his Baby cry-inator. Doofenshmirtz tells him that he already did a baby-theme scheme before, and explains about his brother Roger that politician can't resist kissing babies and that everyone even giant squid love him. Doofenshmirtz tells that using the Baby cry-inator while campaign with babies will make everyone think that babies don't like Roger that would make him untrustworthy and stated it's complicated but foolproof.
At the backyard, Candace was amazed by the Mom Attractor that Phineas and Ferb built. Phineas explains that the Attractor will attract everything that Linda likes by putting her Love Händel albums, her favorite chocolates with scented candles and her lucking Viking helmet. As Candace activates it and wonders why is not working that Phineas tells her that she's not her mom that suddenly she gets a call from Linda that she gets a sudden urge to coming home immediately. Candace sings and dances herself repeatedly that she's "Awesome, awesome, awesome" that Phineas and Ferb join her.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz using his mallet to finish his Baby cry-inator while singing his "mallet" song that Perry uses the happy jump-inator to attack Doofenshmirtz and pulls the pacifier that the Baby cry-inator starts crying. At the same time, Candace sees Linda coming home that she can finally bust Phineas and Ferb and wonders where the loud crying was coming from that Linda, runs at the opposite direction. Candace asks Phineas and Ferb why their inventions are not working that Phineas tells her that the Mom Attractor is still working and nothing attracts a mother more than a baby crying. The baby cry was so strong and heard throughout Danville that the Mom Attractor becomes self-aware and every mother in Danville headed straight to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated where the source of the crying coming from.
Perry frees himself and fights Doofenshmirtz by using the happy jump-inator, giant pacifier and other baby items against him. Doofenshmirtz heard the moms banging at the doorstep and runs inside that quickly overwhelm him. The Mom Attractor arrives that it quickly calms the baby cry-inator and leaves. As baby cry-inator stops crying, the rest of the moms wonder what they are doing and go back to their daily lives and at the same time as Roger arrived to address his speech that everyone thinks that babies loved him when he that cheer for him with four more years. After the moms leave Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, Doofenshmirtz was impressed that his building was so clean that Perry uses his fruit hat that calls the Gorilla that leaves a hole in his floor that Doofenshmirtz curses and his gorilla friend.
Candace drags Linda and tells her that Phineas and Ferb built a Mom Attractor, which is right in the backyard. Linda agrees with her and walks through the gate while Candace waits, but Linda only sees Lawrence with his rhubarb Creme Brulee and all of her favorite things in a table, and Linda agrees to have some. Outside the gate, a shocked Candace realizes the Mom Attractor is gone and wonders where it always goes, little does she know, it is walking into the sunset with the Baby Cry-inator. In the backyard, Linda asks whose idea was to make this and Lawrence tells it was Candace's idea. Linda tells Candace that she's awesome and hands her the creme brulee, and Candace sadly sings her "awesome" song.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom, The Mom Attractor
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Tyler Alexander Mann as Carl
- Richard O'Brien as Dad
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Kelly Hu as Stacy
- When Phineas holds onto Perry, his pupils change size in one scene. In the next scene, they return back to normal.
- Before Perry hit Doofenshmirtz with a giant pacifier, one of his eyes disappears.
- Candace switches from her swimsuit to her regular outfit between the time she starts chasing after Linda and the point where she catches her.
- When the gorilla leaves, he breaks down some of the wall and the door, but later, it's only the wall that's broken down while the door is fixed.
- When Linda went running to the baby, while she was almost in the backyard, one square in Candace's head is the color of the sky.
- The storyboard artists seen during We Are the Moms are modeled after Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft and J.G. Orrantia, who storyboarded this episode. Caricatures of Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh can also be seen. In fact, if you look carefully, you can see the same scene that is going on at that moment.
- The giant robotic mom climbs Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. is a reference to King Kong.
- Doofenshmirtz cannot remember where he previously heard The Mallet Song, because the song does not exist; rather, he has unknowingly composed a song in response to If I Had a Hammer, a Folk Music anthem of the American Civil Rights movement, most famously performed by The Weavers, and by Peter, Paul, and Mary.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|