The events of the game take place before those of the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. The story tells of Jack's first encounter with his nemesis, Oogie Boogie, and how he claimed the title of "The Pumpkin King".
This game was released at the same time as The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge.
The game starts with Jack Skellington preparing for Halloween, approximately one year before the events of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Unfortunately, Oogie is upset that no one remembered his own holiday, "New Bug Day". He sends his henchmen, Lock, Shock, and Barrel to kidnap Jack. They, however, bring Sally back instead, a rag doll-like creature. It's up to Jack to save the now bug-infested Halloween Town and Sally from the treacherous Oogie.
- Frog Gun: It resembles Sally's "frog breath" from the movie. It is your main weapon. It is given to you by the Mayor at the beginning of the game, and is powered up by Doctor Finkelstein later.
- Bat Boomerang: Given to you by Doctor Finkelstein and later powered up by him.
- Pumpkin Bomb: A grenade shaped like a pumpkin. Powered up later by the Clown.
- Mega-Spider - Lock, Shock, and Barrel's enormous mutated pet spider. It is fought in "Halloween Madness".
- Giant Snake - An artificial, bug-filled snake. It is fought in "The Doctor's New Pet".
- Mother Locust - A locust with an abdomen swollen with bug eggs. It is fought in "search for the melting man".
- Rolly Polly - A large but somewhat weak pillbug. It is fought in "Mushroom Mania".
- Enormous Polly - The offspring of Rolly Polly and is larger than the original. It is fought in "Mushroom Mania".
- Colossal Moth - A huge moth that has super acidic saliva and exhales poisonous fumes. It is fought in "Blah, Blah, Blah".
- Zombie Centipede - A huge centipede with wings brought back from the dead by Oogie. It is fought in "Crawloween".
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel - Oogie's henchmen, who are just three brats in an automated bathtub. They are fought in "Unpleasant Surprises".
- Oogie - The main villain. He is fought in "Boogie Time."
- Oogie Icky - A colossal beetle that serves as Oogie's ride. It acts as a motorcycle-esque mode of transportation for Oogie, Lock, Shock, and Barrel. It (along with Oogie, Lock, Shock and Barrel) is fought in "Bug Town VS Halloween Town".
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|