"The Ninja Identity" is the thirty-fifth episode of the first season of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, and the first part of a special double-length episode with "The Ninja Supremacy". It premiered on October 12, 2013.
Randy is working on his project model of the Norrisville Dam with Howard, who is in costume as the dam's founder. Randy gets frustrated with Howard after finding out that Howard didn't work on on the speech the two were supposed to give.
A Psycho Bot appears, which Randy suits up to fight off. Though he appears to beat the robot, the robot continues to fight. The robot is able to emulate every counter attack to Randy by learning his moves. Randy rescues Theresa from an attack, and the two share a moment, after which Randy continues his fight against Psycho Bot. With no other way to defeat the robot, which is increasing in knowledge, Randy accidentally makes him and the robot fall off the roof.
Randy, frustrated at his stalemate with the robot, consults the NinjaNomicon. A door appears that would bring him to the ultimate lesson. After several failed attempts, he finally opens the door, but is rendered amnesiac. He returns to Howard, who tries to bring back his memory. When the robot attacks the school again, Howard dons the ninja suit and fights the robot.
- This episode and "The Ninja Supremacy" make up the show's second special, the first being "Dawn of the Driscoll" and "Night of the Living McFizzles".
- The title is a play on the 2002 action spy film The Bourne Identity.
- The Air Fist and the Earth Attack are referenced in this episode, but not used.
- The animation for Randy's Ninja transformation from "Last Stall on the Left" is reused in this episode.
- It's shown that the NinjaNomicon was wrong about there being no mind-wipe in "Gossip Boy", as it has one under the title the Ultimate Lesson which mind-wipes Randy.
- The third obvious tease between Randy and Theresa Fowler happens in this episode, but this time from Randy. He seems pleased when Theresa hugs him to thank him (while as the Ninja) and comments that she smells like rainbows.
- The beginning where Randy looms over his project as if he is a giant may be a reference to a scene in the anime Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), which is itself based on a famous woodblock by Utagawa Kuniyoshi, Souma no furudairi (Takiyasha the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre).
- The music playing in the background while Psycho Bot was skating is based off of the "Waltz of the Flowerz" from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker.
- The "Van Dam" is probably a punning reference to action star Jean-Claude Van Damme, while the name of its creator, Victor Von Van, puns on the Marvel Comics villain, Victor von Doom, AKA Dr. Doom.
- The music playing in the background while Psycho-Bot is skating is based on the "Waltz of the Flowers" from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet.
- Randy, after being mind-wiped, changes in behavior, acting more timid and gullible, which might imply Howard's influence.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|