"The Ninja Identity" is the thirty-fifth episode of the first season of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja and the first part of a special double-length episode with "The Ninja Supremacy". It premiered on October 12, 2013.
When Randy inadvertently mind-wipes himself and develops amnesia, Howard must fill in as the Ninja until Randy can get his memory back.
The episode starts off with Randy looming over his Norrisville Dam project. Howard comes in dressed as the founder of the dam. At first, Randy is impressed, but after he learns Howard worked on the costume rather than the speech, Randy becomes irritated. Sudden a scorpion-like robot, Psycho Bot shows up. Randy puts on his Ninja Suit and goes to fight the robot. After thinking he successfully defeated the robot, the robot gets up again to battle. It is revealed by Viceroy that it learns the moves of the ninja so it can perfectly counter the attack. Theresa was about to get attacked by the robot, but Randy saved her. In Theresa's excitement, she hugs him, and in response to that Randy dreamily tells her she smells like rainbows. As Randy returns to fighting Psycho Bot, he realizes that the robot is learning and that it's nearly unstoppable. The only way Randy is able to beat it is when he accidentally knocks himself and it off the roof of Norrisville High and crashes into the ground.
Afterwards, Randy is annoyed that he cannot defeat the robot, so he consults with the NinjaNomicon. There, he finds a door to the ultimate lesson. Several times, Randy tries to open the door but with no luck. He finally manages to open it, but once he does he forgets everything including who he is. Meanwhile, the robot manages to survive and repair itself and learn about fear, despair, and anger. Howard learns Randy is accidentally mind wiped. Not believing him at first, he makes Randy tell Bash that he smells like fish farts. After seeing Randy about to tell him that, Howard intervenes, realizing that Randy really did lose his memory. Howard tries desperately to make him remember who he is as the robot rampages the school. Howard finally gets the ninja suit from Randy's possession and puts it on to fight the robot.
- This episode and "The Ninja Supremacy" make up the show's second special, the first being "Dawn of the Driscoll" and "Night of the Living McFizzles".
- The title is a play on the 2002 action spy film The Bourne Identity.
- The Air Fist and the Earth Attack are referenced in this episode, but not used.
- The animation for Randy's Ninja transformation from "Last Stall on the Left" is reused in this episode.
- It's shown that the NinjaNomicon was wrong about there being no mind-wipe in "Gossip Boy", as it has one under the title the Ultimate Lesson which mind-wipes Randy.
- The third obvious tease between Randy and Theresa Fowler happens in this episode, but this time from Randy. He seems pleased when Theresa hugs him to thank him (while as the Ninja) and comments that she smells like rainbows.
- The beginning where Randy looms over his project as if he is a giant is a reference to the anime Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).
- The music playing in the background while Psycho Bot was skating is based off of the "Waltz of the Flowerz" from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker.
- The "Van Dam" is probably a punning reference to action star Jean-Claude Van Damme, while the name of its creator, Victor Von Van, puns on the Marvel Comics villain, Victor von Doom, AKA Dr. Doom.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|