Luz partners with a rebellious witch named Eda and her diminutive sidekick, King, who was indeed once a king and is searching for a way to restore his titles and glory. Despite not possessing any magical abilities of her own, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda's apprentice and learning the ways of magic.
- Matthew Rhys as Emperor Belos
- Isabella Rossellini as Bat Queen
- Mae Whitman as Amity Blight
- Tati Gabrielle as Willow Park
- Bumper Robinson as Principal Bump
- Issac Ryan Brown as Gus Porter
- Parvesh Cheena as Tibbles
- Eden Riegel as Boscha
- Cissy Jones as Lilith Clawthorne
- Jorge Diaz as Mattholomule
- Robin Atkin Downes as Adegast
- Erica Lindbeck as Emira Blight
- Ryan O'Flanagan as Edric Blight
The Owl House was created by Dana Terrace, previously worked on Gravity Falls as a storyboard artist and later a director on the 2017 DuckTales reboot. The show was originally scheduled for release in 2019, but was delayed to early 2020. The animation is provided by Rough Draft Korea, Sunmin Image Pictures, and Sugarcube Animation.
The visual design of the show was inspired by various European painters including Remedios Varo, John Bauer, and definitely Hieronymus Bosch, who was best known for his surrealistic depictions of hell. Dana Terrace also took a lot of inspiration from Russian architecture as well as medieval church art.
- With this series, Dana Terrace is the sixth woman to create a series for Disney Television Animation, after Sue Rose (Pepper Ann), Chris Nee (Doc McStuffins), Daron Nefcy (Star vs. the Forces of Evil), Krista Tucker (Fancy Nancy), and Nicole Dubuc (The Rocketeer).
- This is the second series where Alex Hirsch is featured in a magical setting, opposite to his past series, Gravity Falls, which is magical but paranormal.
- The first letter of each episode title in Season 1 spells out the phrase, "A witch loses a true way."
- Each episode also contains an eye code in Cyrillic alphabet and reads "Two witches torn apart, now alone. Two Hearts of Stone. A curse of feather and mud, a betrayal of blood"
- With Amity Blight being revealed to be a lesbian and having a crush on Luz and creator Dana Terrace revealing Luz is bisexual, The Owl House is Disney's first animated production to prominently feature LGBT characters, as most other animated productions either had a background LGBT character or had characters whose sexuality was only briefly touched upon.
- "Annecy Animation Festival 2019: The Owl House". One Of Us. Retrieved on August 28, 2019.
- Queering the Mouse: Disney’s ‘Owl House’ Confirms Bi Character
- Terrace, Dana (September 2, 2020). Amity is intended to be a lesbian and Luz is bi. I apologize for my original post which was worded vaguely. Romantic threads are fun and I love how many people are connecting to that storyline but my personal taste as a storyteller will never allow me to write a full on romance saga. THAT BEING SAID... Me and the crew are having a crap ton of fun developing this thread in season 2. All the ins and outs of these storylines we're keeping track of... Feels like we're knitting. (en-US). Archived from the original on September 3, 2020.