"The Party Animal" is the first half of the fourteenth episode of Wander Over Yonder.
In a city, Wander and Sylvia are with a group of Bobbles, who are upset at what's going to happen next. Before they knew it, a giant limousine ship appears, and Emperor Awesome announces he's holding one of his literal planet-ending parties on their planet, and they're invited. After setting up the stage, he goes through a run-though of the other planets he literally crashed, and music begins playing loudly while he dances onstage.
Sylvia is shocked at the fact but soon notices Wander starting to join in the fun. She explains to him that even though he loves parties and hates party-poopers, this is a bad party and deserves to be pooped on. She asks him to stay where he is while she takes care of the rest. Hesitating, Wander accepts.
Sylvia cannot get into the party though, because the Knucklehead bodyguard states she doesn't fit the dress code. Angrily, Sylvia complains to the Knucklehead about what the party-goers wear, and changes her clothes to look more like a party loving woman. The Knucklehead agrees with her outfit and lets her in, much to her surprise.
At the party, Sylvia struggles through the Bobbles, who cannot stop witnessing the action because of the hard partying. The moment Sylvia gets to the stage, Emperor Awesome flirts with her and she suddenly gets flung back to Wander, who is suddenly tempted at the fact the rhythm's inside him. Luckily, Sylvia helps him resist, but is called back to the stage.
When Sylvia gets to the stage though, she is caught in a birdcage and as a result, is now part of Emperor Awesome's gang. He ends up changing her name to "Rebecca", then to "Becks", and finally to "B", since he doesn't know her name. He then turns the volume up to maximum, which causes the planet to slowly break apart.
Sylvia instantly calls on Wander, and he excitedly flies over to the stage and begins dancing. Emperor Awesome is stunned, and Sylvia points out that Wander loves partying more than anyone else. Immediately, a dance competition begins between the two, finishing with Emperor Awesome not keeping up and turning everything off. He announces that for the first time ever, he found a planet too lame to party on, and he and his crew leave, to the Bobbles' delight, but not before vowing to get eventual revenge on Wander, and to have Sylvia.
After they leave, the planet is still in ruins, and Sylvia declares they have a big mess to clean up. Wander decides to have a clean-up party, and she accepts. Wander cheers, and a small dance ends the episode.
Wander is cleaning up the planet after the mess Emperor Awesome caused with his party.
- "Let's Get Awesome"
- "Dance Competition"
- The Fist Fighters talk for the first time in this episode. They talk by moving their hands (which are their heads).
- First time Sylvia says Emperor Awesome's name. Also, she and Wander physically interact with him for the first time.
- Second time Sylvia says to Emperor Awesome "You can't handle this." ("The Fancy Party").
- Second episode with "party" in the title ("The Fancy Party").
- This is the fourth episode that aired on Disney XD Latin America and Brazil before than Disney Channel or Disney XD US ("The Nice Guy", "The Time Bomb", "The Fancy Party").
- Fourth time the title card finishes someone's sentence ("The Greatest", "The Hero", "The Brainstorm").
- Third appearance of Emperor Awesome ("The Picnic", "The Fancy Party"), and the first episode where he plays a major role.
- Third time Let's Get Awesome is heard. ("The Picnic", "The Fancy Party")
- This also is the second time the "Not so awesome" version is heard. ("The Fancy Party")
- First episode where Emperor Awesome appears but Lord Hater doesn't. But Keith Ferguson (Lord Hater's voice actor) did do additional voices.
- Second episode where Emperor Awesome flirts with Sylvia. ("The Fancy Party")
- Even though "The Tourist" is paired with "The Fancy Party", this episode was shown as a unique pairing with The Fancy Party on July 20, 2014 on Disney XD.
- The episode aired as part of Disney XD's Show Me The Shark programming.
- The first few seconds of the episode were posted on YouTube one week before the episode aired.
- The robots in the episode were confirmed to be "Bobbles" in the storyboards.
- Star Wars - The shot of the ship hovering over the planet is a nod to the opening shot of this 1977 film, later renamed with the subtitle "Episode IV: A New Hope".
- Independence Day - The shot of Emperor Awesome's ship moving in over the city is a nod to the 1996 film when the massive alien destroyers fly in and hover over Earth's major cities.
- Sylvia's costume bears a close resemblance to Madonna.
- Some of Emperor Awesome's dance moves are those of Michael Jackson.
- Jack McBrayer as Wander
- April Winchell as Sylvia, Additional Voices
- Sam Riegel as Emperor Awesome, Additional Voices
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Knucklehead
- Additional Voices: Keith Ferguson, Tara Strong