The Princess and the Frog: Original Songs and Score is the soundtrack of the 2009 Disney animated feature film, The Princess and the Frog. It was released by Walt Disney Records on November 23, 2009, just a day before the limited release of the film in New York City and Los Angeles. The soundtrack contains ten original songs and seven score pieces, all but one of which were composed, arranged and conducted by Academy Award winner composer Randy Newman. "Never Knew I Needed" was written and performed by Ne-Yo. The song had an accompanying music video which featured rotation on Disney Channel. The song was also sent to rhythmic radio on October 27, 2009. The songs are performed by various artists most of which lend their voices to characters in the film. The score features African-American-influenced styles including jazz, zydeco, blues and gospel.
"Almost There" and "Down in New Orleans" were both nominated in the Best Original Song category at the 82nd Academy Awards; they lost to "The Weary Kind". "Down in New Orleans" was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media at the 2011 Grammy Awards.
All songs written and composed by Randy Newman except "Never Knew I Needed" by Ne-Yo.
- Never Knew I Needed - Ne-Yo
- Down in New Orleans (Prologue) - Anika Noni Rose
- Down in New Orleans - Dr. John
- Almost There - Anika Noni Rose
- Friends on the Other Side - Keith David
- When We're Human - Michael-Leon Wooley, Bruno Campos, and Anika Noni Rose featuring Terence Blanchard
- Gonna Take You There - Jim Cummings featuring Terrance Simien on Accordion
- Ma Belle Evangeline - Jim Cummings featuring Terence Blanchard
- Dig a Little Deeper - Jenifer Lewis featuring the Pinnacle Gospel Choir and Anika Noni Rose
- Down in New Orleans (Finale) - Anika Noni Rose
- Fairy Tale/Going Home (score) - Orchestra
- I Know this Story (score) - Orchestra
- The Frog Hunters/Gator Down (score) - Orchestra
- Tiana's Bad Dream (score) - Orchestra
- Ray Laid Low (score; with a reprise of "Almost There") - Orchestra; cameo appearance by Anika Noni Rose
- Ray/Mama Odie (score) - Orchestra
- This is Gonna Be Good (score) - Orchestra
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page The Princess and the Frog (soundtrack). The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|