This article is about the TV series. For the title character, see Punisher.
It may not be suitable for all readers.
Marvel's The Punisher, or simply The Punisher, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Steve Lightfoot, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films and other television series of the franchise as well as a spin-off of Marvel's Daredevil. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, with Lightfoot serving as showrunner.
The series revolves around Frank Castle, who uses lethal methods to fight crime as the vigilante "the Punisher", with Jon Bernthal reprising the role from Daredevil. Ben Barnes, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Amber Rose Revah, Deborah Ann Woll, Daniel Webber, Jason R. Moore, Paul Schulze, Jaime Ray Newman, and Michael Nathanson also star.
In June 2015, Bernthal was cast as the character to appear in the second season of Daredevil. Development on a spin-off titled The Punisher began by January 2016, before the second season of Daredevil was released. In April 2016, Marvel and Netflix ordered the series, confirmed Bernthal's involvement, and announced Lightfoot as executive producer and showrunner. Filming began in New York City in October 2016.
Frank Castle is haunted and hunted after the murder of his family and becomes a vigilante known in the criminal underworld as "the Punisher", who aims to fight crime by any means necessary.
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle / The Punisher
- Ben Barnes as Billy Russo: An old friend of Castle's during their time in the special forces who runs Anvil, a private military corporation.
- Ebon Moss-Bachrach as David Lieberman / Micro: A former NSA analyst and an ally of Castle.
- Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani: A Homeland Security agent intrigued with the Punisher.
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page: A reporter at the New York Bulletin and Matt Murdock's former assistant, who befriended Castle after working on his case.
- Daniel Webber as Lewis Walcott: A veteran struggling to resume to normal civilian life.
- Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle: A friend of Castle and one of the very few people aware that he is still alive.
- Paul Schulze as William Rawlins III: A high-ranking member of the CIA who crosses paths with Castle due to their time in Afghanistan.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Farah Madani: Dinah Madani's psychiatrist mother, who is an Iranian by birth but lived most of her life in the US.
- Jaime Ray Newman as Sarah Lieberman: Micro's wife.
- Michael Nathanson as Sam Stein: A Homeland Security agent, Madani's partner.
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett: A reluctant informer and ally of Castle.