After a night of trick or treating, Mickey, Donald and Goofy take the kids (Huey, Dewey, Louie, Morty and Ferdie) back home where they count all the candy they gathered over the night. At "the witching hour", Mickey decides to tell the kids a scary story and everyone sits on the couch while he sets the mood: At the castle of "Dr. Goofenstein", "Duckgor" finds the body parts needed for Dr. Goofenstein's experiment. They bring to life a giant Frankenstein Monster (comically depicted with Mickey's head) who promptly comes to life and begins happily singing and dancing in a Broadway/Disco number.
The kids are obviously unimpressed with Mickey's feeble attempt at a scary story and he apologizes promising to tell a "real" scary story. However, Goofy pushes him aside and claims that in order to tell a scary story he needs "visual aid" and tries to tell one about a swamp monster by using a cheap sock puppet. Scared by his own puppet, Goofy jumps and hides in the couch, forcing Donald to take over by using a flashlight. His attempt fails as well as the kids cannot understand his quack moaning and Mickey decides to try again.
Long ago, the world is in danger of the Prince of Vampires. The only people who can stop him are "Van Mousing" and his partners "Dipworth Goofington III" and "Drake McQuack". The three armed with their weapons of choice (Mousing with his crossbow, McQuack with his baseball bat and Goofington with his garlic and "steaks") make it through the skeleton labyrinth and two werewolves where they come face to face with the Prince of Vampires. They trio heroically battle him with Van Mousing using the coming sunlight to defeat him. However, during the battle Van Mousing was bitten turning him into a vampire.
The kids are still unimpressed with Mickey's story as they all saw the ending coming and he, Donald and Goofy retreat into the kitchen. Goofy and Donald tell Mickey that he is incapable of telling a scary story due to him being a happy go lucky kind of guy and he solemnly agrees with them. As he goes out to tell the kids that he is finished, he sees that they have become rowdy and wild. Donald and Goofy lock Mickey in the room to face the disobedient children who insult him and his lederhosen costume. Mickey, having finally snapped, sits the kids down to tell one more scary story with Donald and Goofy coming in to listen as well.
Five children (represented as Huey, Dewey, Louie, Morty and Ferdie wearing lederhosen) are constantly stealing pies in a nearby village. One day, they are attracted by the scent of an unusual pie owned by an old lady. They steal it from her and eat where they agree that it is the best pie they have ever tasted. They find the old lady's house and split up to look for the pie. Within the house, Dewey, Louie, Morty and Ferdie are all captured while Huey finds the pie. He is discovered by the old lady who reveals that her secret ingredient are "the most snot-nosed, rotten little boys" she could find and transforms into a green skinned witch and chases and grabs Huey to use in her pie.
The story successfully scares the kids, Donald and Goofy who all run upstairs and hide under the blankets in bed. Mickey collects the candy to pass out to a trick or treater only to see that it is the witch from his story with a pie. Mickey screams and runs upstairs to join the rest. The witch turns out to be Minnie who was just wearing a costume who had arrived with Daisy. Both are confused by Mickey's response with Daisy asking what kind of pie she had. When Minnie reveals that its pumpkin, a couple of jack-o'-lanterns scream in terror and pass out with their lantern smoke spelling out "The End".
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie
- Minnie Mouse
- Daisy Duck
- Horace Horsecollar (cameo)
- Clarabelle Cow (cameo)
- Clara Cluck (cameo)
- Chernabog (cameo)
- Dirty Bill (cameo)
- Headless Horseman (cameo as statue)
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse, Morty Fieldmouse, Ferdie Fieldmouse, The Prince of Vampires
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Russi Taylor - Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Minnie Mouse, the Witch
- Tress MacNeille - Daisy Duck
- This is the second thirty-minute special of the series, following Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special.
- The special marks the first appearance of Mickey's nephews, Morty and Ferdie, in the series, and their first appearance in animation since their roles as Tiny Tim and Peter Cratchit in Mickey's Christmas Carol.
- This is the third time Goofy's alter ego, Super Goof, has appeared in television, albeit as a costume instead of Goofy assuming the actual role.
- Mickey’s lederhosen costume is the same one he wears in the episode “Yodelberg’’.
- The town in which the special takes place is modeled after the town in Treat or Treat.
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie's costumes are the same costumes they wear in the short.
- Furniture from the Haunted Mansion appears in Mickey's house as Halloween decorations, such as the Demon Clock and the Pipe Organ.
- The Steamboat from Steamboat Willie briefly appears outside Mickey's window.
- A portrait of the Twins from Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special can be seen on the wall of Mickey's house.
- The six children who are trick or treating in the beginning at the special were dressed up as the Lost Boys from Peter Pan.
- The 'Night on Bold Mountain' mountain (and Demon) from Fantasia can be seen as a cameo during the beginning of the special