It's Elective Class Week, and Pepper Ann plans on picking Music Appreciation with Mrs. "Kick" Bach, as the class is a little more than a free period with music, but when the coveted class fills up, Pepper Ann is forced to take a class that requires her to actually learn something: Spanish I.
Pepper Ann is shocked to discover that Mrs. "Kick" Bach's class, Music Appreciation, has been filled up. She explains that the class was perfect as for a second semester elective, it was a perfect blow off class (she believes second semesters are for resting your brain from learning). Nevertheless, she is given two weeks to change it and plans to ask a student from that class to drop so that she can take it, despite Nicky suggesting she keep Spanish I, the class she was given. In Spanish I, Señorita Vivas is already fawned over by the boys and everyone is interested in learning from her, though Pepper Ann insists on dropping it.
Pepper Ann asks Trinket, Dieter and later Tessa and Vanessa to drop Music Appreciation, but none of them are interested. Ironically, Pepper Ann begins to like all the things she has been learning so far in Spanish I, such as cooking Mexican dishes, learning action verbs by playing soccer (Fútbol), various Spanish dances and piñata breaking, all while doubling down on the Spanish language. Despite this, Pepper Ann says she does not need Spanish as she is already learning French and proceeds to make up petty excuses as to why she cannot take it.
With one last day to go before dropping the elective, Pepper Ann, dressed just like Vivas, roller blades to school with the intent of having Wayne Macabre drop Music Appreciation. As she skates across town, she begins to name things in Spanish and realizes that she is having fun with the class. She ends up breaking her skates, but Vivas, who also skates to work, fixes them. Vera arrives to tell Pepper Ann that Dieter dropped Music Appreciation after being enticed by their food. However, Pepper Ann chooses to keep Spanish I, leaving Dieter devastated.
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Dieter Liederhosen, Additional voices
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Maria Canals-Barrera as Señorita Vivas
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Tino Insana as JoJo Diggety, Frank
- Julia Sweeney as Carlotta Sneed
- Kath Soucie as Mean Girl
- Marcelo Tubert as Spanish Commentator
- Jenna von Oÿ as Trinket St. Blair
"Ooh, a glowing green stick!"
- Señorita Vivas' name translates to "Ms. Live", or more literal "alive".
- Prior to taking Spanish I, Pepper Ann apparently already knew some Spanish.
- On Disney+, this episode segment is second next to "Baggy Bean Buddies". This alteration actually makes sense as within the episode, Pepper Ann offers a Baggy Bean Buddy to Trinket, only for her to retort, "that is so last episode."