It is opening night at the House of Mouse, a new night club co-owned by Mickey and Donald at a downtown street corner of Main Street in Toontown, where the former is the host of the entertainment and the latter greets the guests as they arrive. Donald expresses envy about not being the host of the club and vents about it to Daisy, who serves as receptionist, who tells him he'll surely get a chance to be the host someday. Just then, Pete barges in and orders the crew to leave, saying he has just bought the building and is now shutting the place down. However, Mickey finds a clause in the contract that says Pete cannot shut the club down as long as they have a show going on. Pete storms out, saying he'll make sure the show doesn't go on.
The first two cartoons of the day are shown, but when the next cartoon does not come up, Mickey and Minnie go up to Horace's booth to investigate and find him tied up, saying that someone has stolen their cartoons. Mickey figures that Pete is the culprit, but the fat cat denies his guilt, despite the obvious clues pointing to him. Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy leave to go film a new cartoon, leaving Donald in charge of the club till they get back. Donald naturally takes advantage of this and reshapes the club in his image, changing its name to the House of Duck. However, he soon has trouble keeping things running smoothly when he has to bring the guests their food. Then, when the guests grow restless for Mickey to come back, he attempts imitating Mickey's roles from Steamboat Willie and Fantasia, and then brings out a cardboard cutout of Mickey, which just ends up making them leave after they run out of patience waiting for Mickey to come back.
Just when Pete is about to make Donald hand over the keys, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy return with the cartoon they just filmed, and upon seeing that Mickey's back, the guests return as well, ruining Pete's plans. Mickey runs the new cartoon, but after it's finished, Pete points out that with only that one cartoon, the guests will eventually get bored and stop coming. However, in doing so, the missing cartoon reels he stole earlier fall out of his suit. One comedic chase later, Tantor grabs Pete and throws him out onto the street near the crossing light, being noticed by Lydia Pearson and her daughter Pepper Ann.
|Episode introduction||"Direct from Downtown Main Street, it's Disney's House of Mouse!"|
|Mickey introduction||"And now, keep your hands and arms inside the house at all times, it's Mickey Mouse!"|
|Sponsor||"Transportation for the House of Mouse courtesy of: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo Limousine Service"|
- Wayne Allwine as Mickey Mouse, Card Soldiers
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie
- Susanne Blakeslee as Cruella De Vil
- Corey Burton as Mad Hatter, Timothy Mouse,
- Cam Clarke as Simba
- Jim Cummings as Pete, Projector
- Keith David as Card Soldiers
- Bill Farmer as Goofy, Pluto, Horace Horsecollar
- Jonathan Freeman as Jafar
- Tony Jay as Magic Mirror
- Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck
- Jason Marsden as Max Goof
- Jerry Orbach as Lumiere
- Rod Roddy as Microphone Mike
- Kevin Schon as Timon
- Russi Taylor as Minnie Mouse
- April Winchell as Lydia Pearson
- The animation of Jafar arriving at the club in the Cave of Wonders and giving Max the Golden Scarab Beetle was recycled into Mickey's House of Villains.
- Jafar hypnotizing Daisy into letting him into the club despite his lack of a reservation is a nod to a similar scene in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- This is the only episode of House of Mouse where characters created for another Disney television cartoon (Pepper Ann) make an appearance, in which Pepper Ann and her mother encounter Pete.
- When Pete tries to get away at the end, he tries distracting Mickey by pointing and saying "Oh, look! Annette Funicello!" Annette Funicello is one of the most famous actresses who got her start as a Mouseketeer.
- This is currently the only full episode of House of Mouse to have been released on any home video format; it was included as a bonus feature on the Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse DVD, cropped down to 4:3 (full screen) format.
- Br'er Bear is seen entering the club, but he and Br'er Fox were seen in the main hall barely a minute ago.
- Beast is in his human form when "the crowd is turning ugly", but he was in his beastly form at the beginning of the episode.