Tylor needs help using the vending machine, dubbed Vendy by MIFT, and is shown how to use her by Val. He tries to follow her directions, but accidentally breaks Vendy, much to everyone's shock. After holding a funeral for Vendy, Fritz becomes despondent. Meanwhile, Mike and Sulley are told that morale and pay have decreased. They inform Fritz that due to budget cuts, he may need to fire one of his employees. However, the ever optimistic Mike overhears Tylor and Val mention the broken vending machine and orders them an upgraded one that MIFT calls Vendy 2.
Fritz ends up liking Vendy 2 as it can produce more than one type of drink and even various candies. However, Tylor and Duncan get into an argument over hot snots and end up damaging the control panel. Duncan begins to remove "doohickeys" in order to fix the machine, but it suddenly begins to spit soda and candy at them; forcing everyone to hide in Fritz' office. Duncan manages to unplug Vendy 2, but the backup battery comes up and he is eaten by it. Tylor goes out and destroys Vendy 2 while rescuing Duncan, though Fritz is still sad.
Mike comes to the conclusion that in order to make money, they need to spend money and starts by buying a foosball table for the employees. He then purchases numerous pieces of art so that they feel more cultured before finally giving the employees envelopes of money on "Free Money Mondays" which he took from Sulley's emergency savings under his bed. The ploy works as work morale has increased, despite Mike spending a lot of money on things, and profits begin to rise. Sulley congratulates Mike, but tells him that tomorrow is "Pay [Sulley] Back Tuesday".
Fritz tells the rest of MIFT that he has decided to retire to spare everyone, but learns that due to the boosted morale and profits that he no longer needs to fire anyone. Still he misses Vendy and Tylor goes out and gets her back before fixing her up. Despite Vendy's more hashed together appearance, she works the same as before and everyone celebrates, though in Duncan's case rather reluctantly.
Mike's Comedy Class
Mike teaches the class about clowns and has everyone put on makeup. He is impressed with Tylor and Carla, but when a giant and intimidating monster tries it, Mike suggests that he try knock knock jokes instead.
- Billy Crystal as Mike Wazowski
- John Goodman as James P. Sullivan
- Ben Feldman as Tylor Tuskmon
- Mindy Kaling as Val Little
- Henry Winkler as Fritz
- Lucas Neff as Duncan P. Anderson
- Alanna Ubach as Cutter, Bean, Carla Benitez
- Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae
- Stephen Stanton as Needleman and Smitty, George Sanderson, Chuck
- Bob Peterson as Roze
- Curtis Armstrong as Mr. Crummyham
- Christopher Swindle as Fungus
- Carlos Alazraqui as Rudy the Service Monster
- Michaela Dietz, Dave Wittenberg as Additional monsters
- Instead of the typical theme playing during the credits, a bagpipe rendition is performed.
- Mike bought the following art pieces:
- Vincent Van Gross - Vincent van Gogh
- Claw Monet - Claude Monet
- Michaelfangelo - Michaelangelo
- Andy Gorhal - Andy Warhol
- The candy in the vending machine included:
- Peanut Shudder Cups - Peanut Butter Cups
- Scumflower Seeds - Sunflower Seeds
- Jolly Wretcher - Jolly Rancher
- Pop Farts - Pop Tarts
- Bubble Scum - Bubble Gum
- Potato Drips - Potato Chips
- Snarlbursts - Starbursts
- Hot Snots - Hot Shots
- The "popcorn" option in the new vending machine is striking similar to the logo for the Pixar Popcorn short series.