It may not be suitable for all readers.
The Woman in the Window is a psychological thriller film directed by Joe Wright, and adapted from the screenplay by Tracy Letts. It is based on the 2018 novel of the same name by A. J. Finn. The film stars Amy Adams, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, Fred Hechinger, Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Julianne Moore. The film was final release under the Fox 2000 Pictures label, which Disney discontinued following the film's release.
The film was originally scheduled to be released by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures through the 20th Century Studios label on October 4, 2019, but it got delayed to accomodate attempts to retool the film's third act following a negative response from a test audience. It was rescheduled for a theatrical release on May 15, 2020, but the film was pulled from the release schedule in March 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In August 2020, it was announced Netflix was in final talks to acquire the distribution rights to the film from 20th Century Studios. In January 2021, it was officially announced to be released by Netflix in 2021, with a release date of May 14 announced in March.
- Amy Adams as Dr. Anna Fox
- Gary Oldman as Alistair Russell
- Anthony Mackie as Edward "Ed" Fox
- Fred Hechinger as Ethan Russell
- Wyatt Russell as David Winters
- Brian Tyree Henry as Detective Little
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Jane Russell
- Julianne Moore as Jane Russell
- Jeanine Serralles as Detective Norelli
- Mariah Bozeman as Olivia Fox
- Liza Colón-Zayas as Bina
- Tracy Letts as Anna's therapist
- Fleming Jr., Mike (March 21, 2019). "Elizabeth Gabler's Fox 2000 To Shutter As Disney Takes Over". Retrieved on March 21, 2019.
- Keegan, Rebecca (July 9, 2019). "Amy Adams' 'Woman in the Window' to Move to 2020 as Disney Retools Fox Film". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on July 9, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 20, 2019). "Amy Adams 'Woman In The Window' Will Now Open In Early Summer, 'Cruella' Moves To 2021". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved on August 20, 2019.
- "Netflix Negotiating For ‘The Woman In The Window’ With Amy Adams; Last Fox 2000 Elizabeth Gabler Project Will Be Let Go By Disney". Deadline Hollywood (August 3, 2020). Retrieved on August 3, 2020.
- on IMDb