The Theater of the Stars is an amphitheater located at Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney's MGM Studios) in Sunset Boulevard (Hollywood Boulevard formerly). The Theater opened on May 1, 1989 with the grand opening of Disney's MGM Studios.
The Theater opened on May 1, 1989 with the grand opening of Disney's MGM Studios, and closed on May 2, 1993 for relocation from Hollywood Boulevard to Sunset Boulevard. During its relocation, the performances appeared in The Premiere Theater. The Theater of the Stars reopened on July 22, 1994 with the grand opening of the Sunset Boulevard. The theater has also been roofed due to the heat of Florida. The Theater of the Stars closed again in March 13, 2020 with the rest of Disney's Hollywood Studios due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Disney's Hollywood Studios and the theater reopened on July 15, 2020, but the shows didn't reopen in the theater until August 2, 2020.
1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM
List of shows presented at the theater
- Hollywood! Hollywood! A Star-Studded Spectacular (May 1 – August 31, 1989)
- Dick Tracy starring in Diamond Double-Cross (May 21, 1990 – February 16, 1991)
- Hollywood's Pretty Woman (September 24 – November 3, 1991)
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (November 22, 1991 – March 12, 2020, August 15, 2021 - present)
- Used for seasonal special events: Star Wars Weekends, etc. (2015)
- The Music of Pixar Live! (May 26 – August 27, 2017)
- Disney Society Orchestra and Friends (August 2 - October 3, 2020)
- The Theater of the Stars' look is based on the Hollywood Bowl, located in Los Angeles.
- Weddings are organized in this theater.
- The theater is also used for occasional corporate, seasonal, promotional, and internal events, and presentations.
- Guests also can eat during the shows in further stands.