The Thing first appears along with Human Torch to help the Avengers fight ice monsters when Malekith the Accursed creates a dangerous winter in New York. He returns alongside the rest of the Fantastic Four in the episode "The Private War of Doctor Doom". He and Hulk have a somewhat childish rivalry because Thing never beat him in a fight. He joins the New Avengers in the episode of the same name after the regular Avengers are trapped by Kang the Conqueror. Thing and the Fantastic Four assist the Avengers while battling Galactus and his heralds in the season 2 finale "Avengers Assemble".
When Spider-Man, mind-switched into Hulk's body by Mesmero, ends up in town, he is attacked by Thing, who was summoned by Nick Fury to try and contain the Hulk. Spider-Man, Hulk (who is in Spider-Man's body), and Thing eventually clear things up, corner Mesmero and force him to switch Spider-Man and Hulk's minds back.
Thing appears attending a card game with Spider-Man, Hulk, Red Hulk and She-Hulk. It is during this time he was suddenly captured by the Collector along with Red Hulk and She-Hulk. He was later freed and sent back to Earth.
Powers and Abilites
- Rock-like skin: Thing has an indestructible rock-like skin which grants him extraordinary abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Thing possesses super-strength able to go toe-to-toe with the Hulk for a period of time.
- Superhuman Durability: Thing has extremly durable skin made out of rock.
- Cold Resistance: Thing can withstand extreme cold with his rock-like skin
- Thing appears in 5946 comic books.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|