- “No Hammer. No Problem.”
Thor: Ragnarok is a 2017 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Thor. The film is the third installment in the Thor franchise and sequel to Thor, Thor: The Dark World, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. It was produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It was directed by Taika Waititi. The film was released on November 3, 2017.
Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Cate Blanchett as Hela
- Idris Elba as Heimdall
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
- Karl Urban as Skurge
- Anthony Hopkins as Odin
- Taika Waititi as Korg
- Rachel House as Topaz
- Clancy Brown as Surtur
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Ray Stevenson as Volstagg
- Zachary Levi as Fandral
- Tadanobu Asano as Hogun
- Sam Neill as Odin Actor
- Luke Hemsworth as Thor Actor
- Matt Damon as Loki Actor
- Stan Lee in a cameo role
- October 24, 2017 (Ireland, Taiwan, United Kingdom)
- October 25, 2017 (Belgium, Colombia, Czech Republic, France, Indonesia, Italy, Philippines, Poland, South Korea)
- October 26, 2017 (Australia, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Hong Kong, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore)
- October 27, 2017 (Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Iceland, Norway, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Vietnam)
- October 31, 2017 (Germany)
- November 1, 2017 (Hungary, Serbia)
- November 2, 2017 (Argentina, Armenia, Cambodia, Greece, Israel, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine)
- November 3, 2017 (Bahamas, Canada, China, Georgia, India, Japan, Lithuania)
- Valkyrie is the first LGBT character in the Disney Animated Canon. Currently, Disney has an LGBT character in all of the major branches (the Disney Animated Canon has Bucky and Pronk Oryx-Antlerson, Pixar has Specter and Star Wars has Moff Mors).
- This is Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures' last film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be released on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD. All future Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (with the exception of Sony's Spider-Man: Far From Home) will be released on Blu-ray/Digital HD.
- There was a kiss filmed/scripted between Thor and Valkyrie, but it was cut.
- To Thor's frustration, Stark programmed the quinjet to only recognize Thor as "Pointbreak" and Banner as "Strongest Avenger".
- While never stated outright, a portal to Sakar can open on Earth; which explains how Hulk got there as the quinjet was never designed for space travel.
- The name of the giant wormhole likely comes from the fact its dangerous and brings the most junk.
- Odin telling Thor his powers are within him is a complete 180 from the original Thor film; where Thor is only slightly stronger than a human without his hammer. Unless it was a mind trick on Odin's part to make Thor more self-reliant.
- Thor's story about Loki and the snake was completely adlibbed by Hemsworth.
- The scene where Thanos attacks happens months after the ship leaves Asgard.
- Variety.com Screenwriter and Film Confirmation
- Marvel Studios Confirms Stellar New Cast Members of the Highly Anticipated 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Taika Waititi will cameo in his Thor movie
- The Fire Demon Surtur Confirmed for Thor: Ragnarok
- Doctor Strange
- It Seems THOR: RAGARNOK Will See The Warriors Three Return To Fight The Good Fight After All
- BREAKING: Jurassic Park's Sam Neill Will Be in Thor: Ragnarok
- James Gunn comments on directing Stan Lee Marvel cameos
- Thor Tries To Kiss Valkyrie (Deleted Scene) / Chris & Tessa Talks Pitching Kiss Scene