FANDOM


  • Last week, I watched Secret of the Wings. I love Periwinkle and the idea that fairies can have siblings, but this one is my least favorite Fairies film so far. It lacks continuity. In the original Tinker Bell, the ice fairies come to witness Tink's birth - and I didn't see a snow machine or anything providing coldness for their winter wings! But according to Secret of the Wings, a winter fairy's wings will wilt in warm weather. Thus, the real "secret of the wings" is left unexplained. Did anybody else notice that? There's something dubious going on here!

      Loading editor
    • Yeah

        Loading editor
    • My most logical explanation? Acclimation. This is not fanfiction. Maybe those ice fairies that show up at Tink's arrival made themselves immune to warm weather. They may have heat experience. On the other hand, Periwinkle has lived in the cold all her life, so she doesn't have much experience with heat. She's not used to it, which may be what causes her wings to wilt. But she's not made of snow. Ice fairies can live in warmth!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that continuity crud bugged me, too. I sometimes wonder if Disney will just conveniently forget stuff so they can do what they want.

        Loading editor
    • I guess the writers were probably in a hurry to get the film completed so they didn't seem to do they research. Really, all they had to do was write/create a half decent plot, characters, etc and then the rest of the crew had to storyboard and animate it, which was the hard, exspensive part. They knew it wasn't going to be a Disney canon masterpiece film like say, the original Peter Pan.

        Loading editor
    • Harryronhermione17 wrote: Yeah, that continuity crud bugged me, too. I sometimes wonder if Disney will just conveniently forget stuff so they can do what they want.

      I wouldn't blame Disney as a whole. There are such things as individual people who work on each Disney film, y'know....

        Loading editor
    • And there's other continuity problens. The Misnister of Winter doesn't appear in The Pirate Fairy, and I like her better than Lord Milori. Plus, if anybody has ever read Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg by Gail Carlson Leviene, Tink's sister wasn't present, as it was written before the movies began production. That, and Peter Pan, she's not present. My theory? It's not mean, but I think she (Periwinkle) died somewhere in between or something. If it is confirmed that Peri DOES die, it will be very sad!!!

        Loading editor
    • They're just little mistakes, it is cool to know that Tinker Bell has a sister and see Hook before the time of the movie Peter Pan

        Loading editor
    • Maybe they're not continuity problems, but untold stories waiting to be told!

        Loading editor
    • PeterPanFan wrote: My most logical explanation? Acclimation. This is not fanfiction. Maybe those ice fairies that show up at Tink's arrival made themselves immune to warm weather. They may have heat experience. On the other hand, Periwinkle has lived in the cold all her life, so she doesn't have much experience with heat. She's not used to it, which may be what causes her wings to wilt. But she's not made of snow. Ice fairies can live in warmth!

      then how do u explain this: the winter fairies are there to see if tink is a winter fairy or not. if shes a winter fairy, wouldn't she fly to the winter world instead?

        Loading editor
    • Wouldn't the laugh have flown to the winter world instead, you mean? Not every winter fairy arrives in the Winter Woods. A snowflake, the winter fairies' symbol, appears when Tinker Bell chooses her talent. So, although all winter fairies live in the Winter Woods, some arrive at the Pixie Dust Tree.

        Loading editor
    • i notice another continuity problem. in the first film we see a minister of winter completely different of lord milori, what happen with her? i think that disney would fix these problem with the idea that these minister and queen clarion are sisters too, like periwinkle and tinker bell, otherthan create another character like lord milori

        Loading editor
    • imo, if they rerelease TInker Bell film, they should cut out the scene where the snowfairy comes in during tink's birth. problem solved.

        Loading editor
    • DisneyJr wrote:
      imo, if they rerelease TInker Bell film, they should cut out the scene where the snowfairy comes in during tink's birth. problem solved.

      the problem is that in a reunion with the queen clarion due the disaster caused by tinker bell, she appears again, and look some more hard of erase her from these sequence.

        Loading editor
    • We simply do not know where the Minister of Winter was. My instincts tell me her superintendent is Lord Milori and she was unable to attend the Four Seasons Festival for an unknown reason. She must have been awfully busy.

        Loading editor
    • Walt Disney, Jr. wrote: They're just little mistakes, it is cool to know that Tinker Bell has a sister and see Hook before the time of the movie Peter Pan

      Speaking of Peter Pan, what would happen if Peter Pan doesn't appear in the final Tinker Bell movie?

        Loading editor
    • Javier zaldana wrote:

      DisneyJr wrote:
      imo, if they rerelease TInker Bell film, they should cut out the scene where the snowfairy comes in during tink's birth. problem solved.

      the problem is that in a reunion with the queen clarion due the disaster caused by tinker bell, she appears again, and look some more hard of erase her from these sequence.

      All 4 ministers are present! And since you can't really kill off a character...

        Loading editor
    • Aye, EpixAndroid. I still think the Minister of Winter had troubles of her own in The Pirate Fairy.

        Loading editor
    • 702085 wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote: They're just little mistakes, it is cool to know that Tinker Bell has a sister and see Hook before the time of the movie Peter Pan

      Speaking of Peter Pan, what would happen if Peter Pan doesn't appear in the final Tinker Bell movie?

      Maybe they should do a short, I dont know, but I would react like so frustrated if they don't put Peter Pan in the final movie.

      But I for one, I would like a Peter Pan 3 when the Tinker Bell films are done.

        Loading editor
    • I personally think that DisneyToon studios should do a final Tinker Bell movie which Tink and Peter Pan are protagonists and would wrap up any loose plot threads in the series. And then everybody can be happy.

        Loading editor
    • EpixAndroid wrote: I personally think that DisneyToon studios should do a final Tinker Bell movie which Tink and Peter Pan are protagonists and would wrap up any loose plot threads in the series. And then everybody can be happy.

      Maybe, but I dont know. Legend of the NeverBeast could be the final Tinker Bell movie, there is only one month before that movie comes out and they are not yet talking about Peter Pan appearing in the final movie

        Loading editor
    • 702085 wrote:

      EpixAndroid wrote: I personally think that DisneyToon studios should do a final Tinker Bell movie which Tink and Peter Pan are protagonists and would wrap up any loose plot threads in the series. And then everybody can be happy.

      Maybe, but I dont know. Legend of the NeverBeast could be the final Tinker Bell movie, there is only one month before that movie comes out and they are not yet talking about Peter Pan appearing in the final movie

      Don't count your chickens before they hatch

        Loading editor
    • Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:

      702085 wrote:

      EpixAndroid wrote: I personally think that DisneyToon studios should do a final Tinker Bell movie which Tink and Peter Pan are protagonists and would wrap up any loose plot threads in the series. And then everybody can be happy.

      Maybe, but I dont know. Legend of the NeverBeast could be the final Tinker Bell movie, there is only one month before that movie comes out and they are not yet talking about Peter Pan appearing in the final movie

      Don't count your chickens before they hatch

      There was actually plans for one more film after this one, but it got scrapped early on due to story problems. Plus, the Legend of the NeverBeast actually has been released theatrically in some countries like the UK.

        Loading editor
    • I really want them to do that, make a movie where Tink meets Peter, i mean. but i dont know, it sounds like it can be a tad dark, because: 1. why did she leave Pixie Hollow? 2. Why is she so grumpy? 3. How does she fall in love with Peter? 4. Does she ever visit Pixie Hollow? From what i can see, a great tragedy befell Pixie Hollow, and Tink lost all her friends, but comforted by Peter (which made her fall in love), and the Pixie Hollow tree became a tree for Lost Boys. and because she lost her friends and her house, she became extremely grumpy. But then that wouldnt make sense since Earth needs fairies to change seasons and keep everything in order. so maybe: Tink did something terrible and affected all her friends, so she was kicked out of Pixie Hollow. she felt betrayed and became grumpy, but then met Peter. and nothing happens to Pixie Hollow.

        Loading editor
    • DisneyJr wrote:
      I really want them to do that, make a movie where Tink meets Peter, i mean. but i dont know, it sounds like it can be a tad dark, because:

      1. why did she leave Pixie Hollow? 2. Why is she so grumpy? 3. How does she fall in love with Peter? 4. Does she ever visit Pixie Hollow? From what i can see, a great tragedy befell Pixie Hollow, and Tink lost all her friends, but comforted by Peter (which made her fall in love), and the Pixie Hollow tree became a tree for Lost Boys. and because she lost her friends and her house, she became extremely grumpy. But then that wouldnt make sense since Earth needs fairies to change seasons and keep everything in order. so maybe: Tink did something terrible and affected all her friends, so she was kicked out of Pixie Hollow. she felt betrayed and became grumpy, but then met Peter. and nothing happens to Pixie Hollow.

      the problem is: what could be the crime that motive the tinkerbell's expulsion from pixie hollow? zarina is the only exiled fairy that we see, and i not belive that the producers of the films allow show tinker bell comitte a serious offense to their friends.

        Loading editor
    • A Tink-meets-Peter movie sounds fine, but I have another idea that I think would be more awesome, and this is not fanfiction. How about a Fairies Broadway musical in which Tink meets Peter? Come to my blog and read all about it!

        Loading editor
    • 702085
      702085 removed this reply because:
      Never mind
      23:43, April 11, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • 702085
      702085 removed this reply because:
      Never mind
      23:43, April 11, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • I seriously want to know how Peter met Tink and how on earth did he get to neverland since Captian Hook has appear in one of these movies.

        Loading editor
    • Livingshitpost
      Livingshitpost removed this reply because:
      i made a mistake and i am Anxiety
      20:37, January 22, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • If Peter Pan's biggest fans here also like Captain Hook's scenes than there's a chapter book of Captain Hook as well as a chapter book fiction series that's about Peter Pan Reaching Neverland both are at some libraries, in case some fans wish to find further explanation of the two characters. Their story is much longer than the movies make it seem. Tinker Bell is popular in simple picture books too.

        Loading editor
    • Livingshitpost wrote:
      Gracekim12 wrote:
      I seriously want to know how Peter met Tink and how on earth did he get to neverland since Captian Hook has appear in one of these movies.
      he was the main antagonist in secret of the wings, actually.

      you mean Captian hook? I thought he was in the pirate faity movie. um how did Peter get to neverland?

        Loading editor
    • These books are a few of the common ones at the Davis County library I volunteer at in Utah State that's why I offered such information of both Peter and Captain Hook. the books are done by different Authors.

        Loading editor
    • It's hard to even consider Secret of the Wings canon. Not only do we see winter fairies attending Tink's birth, but you can see them mingling throughout pixie hollow and getting their pixie dust replenished at the tree. And if Tinkerbell visiting the Winter Woods for a few seconds was enough to make everyone frantic for her safety, then how are the fairies able to visit the mainland in wintertime to melt the snow? And wouldn't such a danger have been mentioned earlier on?

      The Minister of Winter got swept under the rug to fit Clarion's story in, things are just pulled out of nowhere like Periwinkle and that inexplicable wing healing, and winter animal talents are completely useless because normal animal talents oversee all the migrations and hibernation.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Bring Your Disney Movies Together