FANDOM


  • Why make this movie? Hello!

      Loading editor
    • Well, you can expect this film not be on Disney Channel, more like a Cartoon Network, they like to get the Disney flops.

        Loading editor
    • Mars Needs Moms

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Magoo

        Loading editor
    • Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

        Loading editor
    • This is probably the worst Disney film.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph8 wrote:
      This is probably the worst Disney film.

      I'm confused, which movie are you talking about?

        Loading editor
    • IMO, the worst Disney movie in the canon is probably Chicken Little, while movies distributed by Disney (like Mars Needs Moms for example) there are a lot and a lot... they are countless.

        Loading editor
    • Rouhad wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote:
      This is probably the worst Disney film.

      I'm confused, which movie are you talking about?

      I am talking about Mars Needs Moms.

        Loading editor
    • Chicken Little was the worst Disney film for me.

        Loading editor
    • Worst Disney-canon movie: Home on the Range 

      Worst Disney non-canon movie: Mars Needs Moms

      Worst Pixar movie: Brave

      Worst Marvel Studios movie: The Incredible Hulk

      Worst Star Wars movie: Episode 1: Phantom Menance 

        Loading editor
    • Brother Bear was terrible. Definitely my least-favorite.

        Loading editor
    • It is hard to believe that Mars Needs Moms is brought to us by the same company that brought us Frozen.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph8 wrote:
      It is hard to believe that Mars Needs Moms is brought to us by the same company that brought us Frozen.

      It's hard to believe that Mars Needs Moms was from a book written by the same genius who gave us Bloom County!

        Loading editor
    • I like Brother Bear.

        Loading editor
    • The Country Bears

        Loading editor
    • For me, the worst Disney movie is Dinosaur. If there's one thing worse than a bad movie, it's a boring one. Too bad that Dinosaur happens to be both.

      In my opinion, anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Obviously, the worst of the Disney Canon's Chicken Little.

        Loading editor
    • Tdickensheets wrote: I like Brother Bear.

      Okay, so maybe it's not my least favorite (I forgot about Song of the South and Peter Pan, ugggh those are horribly racist.) It's still pretty bad though. At least the bear parts.

        Loading editor
    • Brother Bear tried too hard to be serious yet funny, something that worked well in Lion King, but didn't work at all in Brother Bear. 

        Loading editor
    • DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:
      Brother Bear tried too hard to be serious yet funny, something that worked well in Lion King, but didn't work at all in Brother Bear. 


      Agreed. I felt like the more dramatic moments were done well enough, but the comedy was so cringe-worthy, and it didn't help that they sometimes tried so hard to mix the drama and comedy together by having a comedy scene play out right after a dramatic moment... it didn't work at all. It's a shame, really, because I don't hate the movie and like a few other elements of it.

        Loading editor
    • Doug's 1st Movie

        Loading editor
    • Frozen

        Loading editor
    • Going to have to say Little Mermaid.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Going to have to say Little Mermaid.

      If it truly was the worst movie, we wouldn't even HAVE a Disney anymore, not as an independent studio anyway. In case you've forgotten, The Little Mermaid SAVED Disney from either being the victim of a merger or, worse, entering bankruptcy, especially when all their films before then were either flops or at best underperformed since Black Hole. And considering they actually delayed a VHS release of The Black Cauldron that was just about to exit the door to stores precisely because of The Little Mermaid being an unexpected hit, that's one bit of "official history" that actually WAS true.

      Now, if you don't like the film, fine, don't like the film. It's a mostly free world after all. But don't, EVER, state it's the worst Disney film, since that is a clear lie. Don't forget, if it wasn't for Ariel and her movie, Disney as we know it wouldn't even exist after 1989. It would at best be a subsidiary for another company via hostile takeover, and at worst would be completely shut down from bankruptcy.

        Loading editor
    • I don't give a mermaid's tail that the Little Mermaid COULD HAVE saved Disney. Disney is nothing more than a company. The artists are those who make the films, and its the artists that would have continued making classics. Saying that it helped Disney make a killing at the box office means little in terms of actual critique. I guess Avatar must be the best movie in the world. Your whole comment just reeks of speculation anyway.

      One more thing, in case I wasn't clear enough...Ariel stinks more than Ursula's rotting body.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: I don't give a mermaid's tail that the Little Mermaid COULD HAVE saved Disney. Disney is nothing more than a company. The artists are those who make the films, and its the artists that would have continued making classics. Saying that it helped Disney make a killing at the box office means little in terms of actual critique. I guess Avatar must be the best movie in the world. Your whole comment just reeks of speculation anyway.

      One more thing, in case I wasn't clear enough...Ariel stinks more than Ursula's rotting body.

      True, box office numbers don't mean much in the long run, but it certainly reached lasting worldwide appeal, getting a huge franchise and actually having an independent large-scale sale at Toys R Us, plus actually having its own fan convention comparable to Star Wars (ArielCon). That's certainly a lot more than what Avatar got, even with the recent creation of AvatarLand. And for the record, if it having a large box office number isn't enough for you, the fact that it actually has its own fan convention and Ariel is considered one of the leaders of the Disney Princess franchise, certainly the most marketed, certainly does.

      And in case you've forgotten, if Disney failed, the Disney artists won't be making any more "classics" anyways. They would have to find new jobs, some not even being in animation, and there's little guarantee they'll even be able to find a new job. We've already got an instance of this problem when DreamWorks decided to lay off 500 employees just a few months back. So no, they won't just "continue" make classics. They'd be lucky if they even continued to do animation, let alone do the classics.

      One last thing, The Little Mermaid not only COULD have saved Disney, it DID save Disney. It's even on official record.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.

      I'll just close with this statement: It's perfectly alright for you to dislike something, since as opinions aren't grounded in facts, you can say what you wish of your personal beliefs about the film. But when your opinions try to state things that are obviously untrue like claiming it's the worst Disney film ever, despite it being responsible for actually reviving Disney and animation, heck, actually saving Disney as a whole and preventing various artists from being laid off, that's where I draw the line, because I'm not willing to allow for untruths. I dislike Return to the Sea with a passion, yet even I won't say that it's the worst Disney sequel ever, precisely because there have been worse (Ariel's Beginning is a good example of an even worse sequel). Now, Black Hole? That would definitely be among the worst of Disney's films. Heck, Chicken Little could qualify as among the worst as well.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote: I don't give a mermaid's tail that the Little Mermaid COULD HAVE saved Disney. Disney is nothing more than a company. The artists are those who make the films, and its the artists that would have continued making classics. Saying that it helped Disney make a killing at the box office means little in terms of actual critique. I guess Avatar must be the best movie in the world. Your whole comment just reeks of speculation anyway.

      One more thing, in case I wasn't clear enough...Ariel stinks more than Ursula's rotting body.

      True, box office numbers don't mean much in the long run, but it certainly reached lasting worldwide appeal, getting a huge franchise and actually having an independent large-scale sale at Toys R Us, plus actually having its own fan convention comparable to Star Wars (ArielCon). That's certainly a lot more than what Avatar got, even with the recent creation of AvatarLand. And for the record, if it having a large box office number isn't enough for you, the fact that it actually has its own fan convention and Ariel is considered one of the leaders of the Disney Princess franchise, certainly the most marketed, certainly does.

      And in case you've forgotten, if Disney failed, the Disney artists won't be making any more "classics" anyways. They would have to find new jobs, some not even being in animation, and there's little guarantee they'll even be able to find a new job. We've already got an instance of this problem when DreamWorks decided to lay off 500 employees just a few months back. So no, they won't just "continue" make classics. They'd be lucky if they even continued to do animation, let alone do the classics.

      One last thing, The Little Mermaid not only COULD have saved Disney, it DID save Disney. It's even on official record.

      Don't worry, he's probably just a troll. After all, this forum's likely to end up becoming a troll magnet.

        Loading editor
    • Mmm, ever smell fried fish? Great smell, not unlike that of roasting mermaid.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote: I don't give a mermaid's tail that the Little Mermaid COULD HAVE saved Disney. Disney is nothing more than a company. The artists are those who make the films, and its the artists that would have continued making classics. Saying that it helped Disney make a killing at the box office means little in terms of actual critique. I guess Avatar must be the best movie in the world. Your whole comment just reeks of speculation anyway.

      One more thing, in case I wasn't clear enough...Ariel stinks more than Ursula's rotting body.

      True, box office numbers don't mean much in the long run, but it certainly reached lasting worldwide appeal, getting a huge franchise and actually having an independent large-scale sale at Toys R Us, plus actually having its own fan convention comparable to Star Wars (ArielCon). That's certainly a lot more than what Avatar got, even with the recent creation of AvatarLand. And for the record, if it having a large box office number isn't enough for you, the fact that it actually has its own fan convention and Ariel is considered one of the leaders of the Disney Princess franchise, certainly the most marketed, certainly does.

      And in case you've forgotten, if Disney failed, the Disney artists won't be making any more "classics" anyways. They would have to find new jobs, some not even being in animation, and there's little guarantee they'll even be able to find a new job. We've already got an instance of this problem when DreamWorks decided to lay off 500 employees just a few months back. So no, they won't just "continue" make classics. They'd be lucky if they even continued to do animation, let alone do the classics.

      One last thing, The Little Mermaid not only COULD have saved Disney, it DID save Disney. It's even on official record.

      But do you know where most of those Disney artists came from before 2006? Pixar.  Before that, they were making non-quality animated movies like Meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little, Pixar is the one who saved them.

        Loading editor
    • DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote: I don't give a mermaid's tail that the Little Mermaid COULD HAVE saved Disney. Disney is nothing more than a company. The artists are those who make the films, and its the artists that would have continued making classics. Saying that it helped Disney make a killing at the box office means little in terms of actual critique. I guess Avatar must be the best movie in the world. Your whole comment just reeks of speculation anyway.

      One more thing, in case I wasn't clear enough...Ariel stinks more than Ursula's rotting body.

      True, box office numbers don't mean much in the long run, but it certainly reached lasting worldwide appeal, getting a huge franchise and actually having an independent large-scale sale at Toys R Us, plus actually having its own fan convention comparable to Star Wars (ArielCon). That's certainly a lot more than what Avatar got, even with the recent creation of AvatarLand. And for the record, if it having a large box office number isn't enough for you, the fact that it actually has its own fan convention and Ariel is considered one of the leaders of the Disney Princess franchise, certainly the most marketed, certainly does.

      And in case you've forgotten, if Disney failed, the Disney artists won't be making any more "classics" anyways. They would have to find new jobs, some not even being in animation, and there's little guarantee they'll even be able to find a new job. We've already got an instance of this problem when DreamWorks decided to lay off 500 employees just a few months back. So no, they won't just "continue" make classics. They'd be lucky if they even continued to do animation, let alone do the classics.

      One last thing, The Little Mermaid not only COULD have saved Disney, it DID save Disney. It's even on official record.

      But do you know where most of those Disney artists came from before 2006? Pixar.  Before that, they were making non-quality animated movies like Meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little, Pixar is the one who saved them.

      Yeah, and we can thank Pixar for that as well (though that being said, they, particularly John Lassetter, can be blamed for the failure of Winnie the Pooh and to some extent Princess and the Frog, and explicitly breaking promises about a return to handdrawn animation). However, my point with that is that The Little Mermaid saved Disney, and Pixar had absolutely nothing to do with that (Pixar wasn't even a blip on Disney's radar until Toy Story entered development around 1994, while The Little Mermaid was made in 1989).

        Loading editor
    • I wonder why someone like old Boney would like to roast a mermaid.

        Loading editor
    • Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

        Loading editor
    • The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2

        Loading editor
    • Elephant777
      Elephant777 removed this reply because:
      New thoughts
      23:34, October 18, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Elephant777 wrote:
      Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

      That's your opinion.

        Loading editor
    • Minn66 wrote:

      Elephant777 wrote:
      Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

      That's your opinion.

      Maybe, but what isn't opinion is that if it weren't for Snow White, Disney wouldn't even HAVE a full-length animated feature film franchise. They'd be stuck making animated shorts, in other words.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Minn66 wrote:

      Elephant777 wrote:
      Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

      That's your opinion.
      Maybe, but what isn't opinion is that if it weren't for Snow White, Disney wouldn't even HAVE a full-length animated feature film franchise. They'd be stuck making animated shorts, in other words.

      Exactly, even when you don't like that movie, you should give it some respect and credit.

        Loading editor
    • Rouhad wrote:
      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Minn66 wrote:


      Elephant777 wrote:
      Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

      That's your opinion.
      Maybe, but what isn't opinion is that if it weren't for Snow White, Disney wouldn't even HAVE a full-length animated feature film franchise. They'd be stuck making animated shorts, in other words.
      Exactly, even when you don't like that movie, you should give it some respect and credit.

      I'm done with this post now.

        Loading editor
    • Minn66 wrote:
      Rouhad wrote:
      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Minn66 wrote:


      Elephant777 wrote:
      Minn66 wrote:
      Hmm.

      The worst Pixar movie is Toy Story 3

      The worst Disney movie is Snow White.

      I CANNOT STAND THAT MOVIE!

      Snow White is a Walt Disney eternal masterpiece that is and always shall be one of the greatest works of Traditional Animation history.

      Toy Story 3 is simply the greatest Pixar film of all time

      That's your opinion.
      Maybe, but what isn't opinion is that if it weren't for Snow White, Disney wouldn't even HAVE a full-length animated feature film franchise. They'd be stuck making animated shorts, in other words.
      Exactly, even when you don't like that movie, you should give it some respect and credit.
      I'm done with this post now.

      Don't worry, since Snow White was their first attempt, they're improved.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote:
      Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.

      You, my friend, are awesome!!! Thank you!! Kudos to you!! ;)

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote:
      Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.

      You, my friend, are awesome!!! Thank you!! Kudos to you!! ;)

      Like I said, The Little Mermaid is what saved Disney from either going bankrupt or otherwise being the victim of a potential merger (and going by what happened to the 500 DreamWorks artists who got laid off by Katzenberg earlier this year, it's definitely not going to be easy to rebound when kicked off, if even possible to do so), so stop claiming The Little Mermaid was the worst film, both of you. If you hate it, fine, it's a free world after all. But that DOESN'T mean you should claim it's the worst film, either, since if it truly was the worst film, Disney would have died as a result. And for the record, even if I hated The Little Mermaid, I STILL would have said this, so don't assume I'm only saying it because I love the film, because that's not the reason at all (I do love the film, BTW, just that this isn't my reason for saying it's not the worst).

        Loading editor
    • If you love The Little Mermaid so much, take a leaf from darling Ariel's book and get Ursula to take your voice. It's already clear you can't accept others' opinions, so maybe the best thing for you is to just stay quiet. I, on the other hand, will be using Triton's trident to blast some more copies of the horrible film to bits.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: If you love The Little Mermaid so much, take a leaf from darling Ariel's book and get Ursula to take your voice. It's already clear you can't accept others' opinions, so maybe the best thing for you is to just stay quiet. I, on the other hand, will be using Triton's trident to blast some more copies of the horrible film to bits.

      Logic check: Do you really think I would have repeatedly said "if you don't like the film, fine, it's a free world after all" if I can't accept others' opinions? I accepted that you don't like the film. That's not the problem. The problem is your insistence that it was the worst film ever, even when all evidence proves to the contrary (for starters, if it truly was the worst, Disney would be bankrupt by now, thrown into the dustbin of history, especially when before then, Disney was literally struggling to get by on animation). After all, one can have the opinion of 2+2=5, that doesn't make them right, and in fact it actually makes them mathematically wrong. There's a limit to opinions, especially if they are clearly devoid of reality as was the case here.

        Loading editor
    • There's a limit to opinions, especially if they are clearly devoid of reality as was the case here.

      Translation: I don't respect others' opinions. Keep on proving my point, you poor unfortunate soul. I just realized Triton's trident is such an ineffective weapon, but of course, what do you expect from an item from a horrible film? I'm going to go Hans on Ariel and become Ruler of Atlantica. Maybe finally bring it some glory and dignity.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote:

      There's a limit to opinions, especially if they are clearly devoid of reality as was the case here.

      Translation: I don't respect others' opinions. Keep on proving my point, you poor unfortunate soul. I just realized Triton's trident is such an ineffective weapon, but of course, what do you expect from an item from a horrible film? I'm going to go Hans on Ariel and become Ruler of Atlantica. Maybe finally bring it some glory and dignity.

      "Respecting others' opinions" does not mean lauding them as correct even when they're not, which you seem to be under the impression it means. If someone is to say "2+2=5", for example, are you going to give them a pass since it's their opinion even when you think it's wrong, or are you going to set them straight? I'd rather go with the latter. It's exactly the same kind of problem people like GLAAD think, where they mistake "tolerance" or "respect" for "reverence" and "toeing to the party line", absolutely agreeing to everything even when it is actually wrong.

      And for the record, the history of Disney proves your statement that The Little Mermaid's the worst film ever to be WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. WRONG. If I was in a math class, I said "2+2=5" to a teacher, and I said "well, in my OPINION, 2+2=5" to the teacher, would that teacher laud me? NO! He or she would give me an "F" like I deserve for saying that. This is exactly the same situation. Want to know what's actually the worst film Disney made? You'd be closer to the mark of reality if you go by Black Hole, or even The Black Cauldron. Disney suffered huge revenue and critical losses from those bombs.

      Unlike you, I actually DO believe in an absolute objective reality. I don't believe, in other words, that there are only opinions, never facts.

        Loading editor
    • Man, all this hacking and slashing at mermaid tails really gets my arm all sore. Eh whatever, it's worth it. Weedle, you need to relax. Go use Triton's trident to comb your hair like Ariel would. It's better than a fork. Try not to blast some sense into yourself; I would miss all your jokes about how you're an objective and factual person XD

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Man, all this hacking and slashing at mermaid tails really gets my arm all sore. Eh whatever, it's worth it. Weedle, you need to relax. Go use Triton's trident to comb your hair like Ariel would. It's better than a fork. Try not to blast some sense into yourself; I would miss all your jokes about how you're an objective and factual person XD

      I wasn't joking about being objective and factual, I was being very serious. And for the record, want to know how I am indeed being objective regarding The Little Mermaid not being the worst? It's simple: Had I been like you and hated the film so much I'd foam through the mouth faster than a rabid dog, I STILL would not call it the worst film ever, precisely BECAUSE the film actually saved Disney from it's slump. You can't call a film like that the worst or overrated, no matter how much you might dislike the film. There's voicing you dislike the film, and then there's falsely claiming it's the worst, the latter is what you're doing. Now, if you said The Lion King was the worst, hey, I won't have a problem with you claiming the film was the worst despite my liking the film myself, since at least it's not a film that was a life or death situation for Disney and literally saved Disney's existence.

        Loading editor
    • Here Weedle, have the trident. Remember, don't blast sense into yourself ;). There's nothing like the smell of burnt mermaid to get you going.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Here Weedle, have the trident. Remember, don't blast sense into yourself ;). There's nothing like the smell of burnt mermaid to get you going.

      Like I said, if you merely said in exact words "I don't like The Little Mermaid," I can accept that. However, there are plenty of people who don't like The Little Mermaid yet still recognize that it actually saved Disney. Why don't you stop saying that it's the worst Disney film if you actually CARED about facts?

        Loading editor
    • Fact: Many a copy of The Little Mermaid lies charred at my feet.

      I care ;)

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Fact: Many a copy of The Little Mermaid lies charred at my feet.

      I care ;)

      Prove it. Take a photo of yourself with the charred copies of TLM, upload it to the Wiki, and post it on here.

      And BTW, that's not an actual fact. An actual fact would be more like a newspaper article made during 1989 stating that "Disney ends up bankrupt after The Little Mermaid's showing ended up being a box office disaster, and then the studios are bulldozed."

        Loading editor
    • Just a question Heimr, what is your favorite Disney Animated film?

        Loading editor
    • Fact: Tangled is my favorite.

      And Weedle, nah I'd rather not. You might go on a tirade about how I Photoshopped the picture or something. Besides, using your imagination is more fun.

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Fact: Tangled is my favorite.

      And Weedle, nah I'd rather not. You might go on a tirade about how I Photoshopped the picture or something. Besides, using your imagination is more fun.

      Try me. I'm actually pretty sold on images, and willing to believe them.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, here are the burning copies of the horrid film:

      http://tinyurl.com/otatlu7

      Did I forget to mention that there's a lot of fire?

        Loading editor
    • Heimr Arnadalr wrote: Okay, here are the burning copies of the horrid film:

      http://tinyurl.com/otatlu7

      Did I forget to mention that there's a lot of fire?

      Ha ha, nice try. That "image" was just the fire damage icon from the Disaster Idaho website. Did you really think I would be stupid to not notice the actual link once I clicked the link? Next time, actually upload it from your own digital camera, and use Imageshare for further assurance.

        Loading editor
    • I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).

      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.

        Loading editor
    • While I wouldn't say Frozen's the worst, far from it, but i personally it's among the more overrated ones.

        Loading editor
    • The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).

      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.

      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).
      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.
      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

      That may be, but Chicken Little also saved Disney after the failure of Home on the Range, does make it good? Probably not.

        Loading editor
    • The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).
      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.
      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

      That may be, but Chicken Little also saved Disney after the failure of Home on the Range, does make it good? Probably not.

      Yes, except Chicken Little only saved Disney from one box office bomb. The Little Mermaid actually saved Disney from a string of commercial failures of various sorts from the 1980s, at least since either the Black Cauldron or Black Hole (the only other "animated" film during the 1980s, heck, since Walt Disney died that actually did give a huge box office and critical success was Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and that wasn't exactly a pure Disney film since it was a joint-production from Warner Bros. and the like).

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).
      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.
      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

      That may be, but Chicken Little also saved Disney after the failure of Home on the Range, does make it good? Probably not.
      Yes, except Chicken Little only saved Disney from one box office bomb. The Little Mermaid actually saved Disney from a string of commercial failures of various sorts from the 1980s, at least since either the Black Cauldron or Black Hole (the only other "animated" film during the 1980s, heck, since Walt Disney died that actually did give a huge box office and critical success was Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and that wasn't exactly a pure Disney film since it was a joint-production from Warner Bros. and the like).

      Other films such as Fantasia 2000, Atlantis and Treasure Planet were also bombs.

        Loading editor
    • The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).
      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.
      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

      That may be, but Chicken Little also saved Disney after the failure of Home on the Range, does make it good? Probably not.
      Yes, except Chicken Little only saved Disney from one box office bomb. The Little Mermaid actually saved Disney from a string of commercial failures of various sorts from the 1980s, at least since either the Black Cauldron or Black Hole (the only other "animated" film during the 1980s, heck, since Walt Disney died that actually did give a huge box office and critical success was Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and that wasn't exactly a pure Disney film since it was a joint-production from Warner Bros. and the like).

      Other films such as Fantasia 2000, Atlantis and Treasure Planet were also bombs.

      Okay, point taken, that wasn't an entire decade's length of films, though (Black Cauldron was made in I think the early 1980s, I definitely know Black Hole was right at the start of the decade). And anyways, technically, The Princess and the Frog is what actually GOT the films out of the slump (certainly it's what revived the DP franchise), not Chicken Little.

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      The 13th Hero wrote:


      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote: I don't like The Little Mermaid either.

      Well, at least you're not saying it's the worst (especially when if it weren't for that movie, Disney wouldn't even exist anymore).
      Sometimes, a financial success doesn't always mean good.
      Maybe not, but it certainly was a success with the people since two decades have passed and people still remember it very well and it has its own fan convention as well.

      Either way, the fact that it literally saved Disney from extinction has to count for something.

      That may be, but Chicken Little also saved Disney after the failure of Home on the Range, does make it good? Probably not.
      Yes, except Chicken Little only saved Disney from one box office bomb. The Little Mermaid actually saved Disney from a string of commercial failures of various sorts from the 1980s, at least since either the Black Cauldron or Black Hole (the only other "animated" film during the 1980s, heck, since Walt Disney died that actually did give a huge box office and critical success was Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and that wasn't exactly a pure Disney film since it was a joint-production from Warner Bros. and the like).
      Other films such as Fantasia 2000, Atlantis and Treasure Planet were also bombs.
      Okay, point taken, that wasn't an entire decade's length of films, though (Black Cauldron was made in I think the early 1980s, I definitely know Black Hole was right at the start of the decade). And anyways, technically, The Princess and the Frog is what actually GOT the films out of the slump (certainly it's what revived the DP franchise), not Chicken Little.

      Your point's taken too. :-) 

        Loading editor
    • My pick for the WORST (Live-action) Disney movie of all-time is 1994's Blank Check. The plot is ridiculous. If that movie is trying to convey a message, it's that money ALWAYS buys happiness! I'm sure Scrooge McDuck himself probably hates Blank Check for that matter.

      My pick for the worst animated Disney film (in the canon): 2004's Home on the Range. Nothing much else to say, other than a lame plot (much like Blank Check).

        Loading editor
    • I would say Old Dogs, The Lone Ranger, The Pacifier and Max Keeble's Big Move.

        Loading editor
    • MrKidd1994 wrote:
      My pick for the WORST (Live-action) Disney movie of all-time is 1994's Blank Check. The plot is ridiculous. If that movie is trying to convey a message, it's that money ALWAYS buys happiness! I'm sure Scrooge McDuck himself probably hates Blank Check for that matter.

      My pick for the worst animated Disney film (in the canon): 2004's Home on the Range. Nothing much else to say, other than a lame plot (much like Blank Check).

      Personally, I think it's the next animated feature, Chicken Little, that's the worst of the Disney canon.

        Loading editor
    • Elephant777 wrote:
      As for the worst Disney movie done in the animation department?  I would have to go with the Black Cauldron.

      I grant you this film had incredible amount of potential.  The basic plot, the mission, the characters, and even the side kicks involvment, but what made this movie the worst was the fact that it failed to grab the audience attention from the begining, it couldn't maintain a connective flow through out the movie, and when it came time for the grand fananlly we got Gogy jumping into a pit like Golem without feeling any remorse for the character.  At the end you are left wondering what the hell just happened and what the hell is going to happen.

      That said the only reason why I say it is the worst Disney Movie done in the animation department verse Disney in its entirety is because the film more or less contributed its elements to the more successful movies.

      The Little Mermaid: Has many of the harsh and dark themes that the Black Cauldron did.  Fore instance the entire Poor Unfortunate Soul/Paying the deal with Ariel's voice/ and the infamous transformation scene could not have been accomplished had it not been for the even dark scenes of the Black Cauldron.

      Hercules and Aladdin:  Hard to believe, but the Black Cauldron had the first human leading protagonist who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty

      Ellonwy provide the key ingredient for future Princesses: Ariel, Mulan, and Elsa are strong leading female characters, but had the Black Cauldron been successful Princess Ellonwy would have been the first and magically powerful princess in the Disney canon.

      Does anyone have anything to say about this argument?

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      TRIMC 95 wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote:
      Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.
      You, my friend, are awesome!!! Thank you!! Kudos to you!! ;)
      Like I said, The Little Mermaid is what saved Disney from either going bankrupt or otherwise being the victim of a potential merger (and going by what happened to the 500 DreamWorks artists who got laid off by Katzenberg earlier this year, it's definitely not going to be easy to rebound when kicked off, if even possible to do so), so stop claiming The Little Mermaid was the worst film, both of you. If you hate it, fine, it's a free world after all. But that DOESN'T mean you should claim it's the worst film, either, since if it truly was the worst film, Disney would have died as a result. And for the record, even if I hated The Little Mermaid, I STILL would have said this, so don't assume I'm only saying it because I love the film, because that's not the reason at all (I do love the film, BTW, just that this isn't my reason for saying it's not the worst).

      No, I won't. Cry me a river.


      Little Mermaid is the worst film in the Renaissance Era and the most overrated one.

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote:

      Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      TRIMC 95 wrote:

      Heimr Arnadalr wrote:
      Sorry, it's hard to hear you with all the burning copies of The Little Mermaid behind me.
      You, my friend, are awesome!!! Thank you!! Kudos to you!! ;)
      Like I said, The Little Mermaid is what saved Disney from either going bankrupt or otherwise being the victim of a potential merger (and going by what happened to the 500 DreamWorks artists who got laid off by Katzenberg earlier this year, it's definitely not going to be easy to rebound when kicked off, if even possible to do so), so stop claiming The Little Mermaid was the worst film, both of you. If you hate it, fine, it's a free world after all. But that DOESN'T mean you should claim it's the worst film, either, since if it truly was the worst film, Disney would have died as a result. And for the record, even if I hated The Little Mermaid, I STILL would have said this, so don't assume I'm only saying it because I love the film, because that's not the reason at all (I do love the film, BTW, just that this isn't my reason for saying it's not the worst).

      No, I won't. Cry me a river.


      Little Mermaid is the worst film in the Renaissance Era and the most overrated one.

      No, it is NOT the worst film in the Renaissance Era, nor is it even close to being overrated, not even by opinion, either. Let's face it, if it truly was the worst and overrated, Disney would have been shut down and filed for bankruptcy, especially when it had a huge string of failures. And for the record, it's because of The Little Mermaid that Black Cauldron got delayed to the 1990s, so it's pretty obvious it was a runaway hit. Now, Lion King, yeah you can say it's somewhat overrated (in fact, I'm pretty sure you HAVE labeled that film as being vastly overrated).

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I don't really like labeling a film as "overrated" unless it is a sub par film that has received too much attention, but to each his own.

        Loading editor
    • Jjuser wrote: Honestly, I don't really like labeling a film as "overrated" unless it is a sub par film that has received too much attention, but to each his own.

      Yeah, agreed, and there's zero justifiable reason for it getting the attention. The Little Mermaid at least saved Disney from certain bankruptcy, hence why it cannot be overrated by definition.

      I mean, honestly, "Worst movie" would be more like "Super Mario Bros." Remember how THAT movie turned out? That movie became infamous for being such a huge box office bomb that people were reluctant to make Video Game movies until... what? The Resident Evil series by Anderson?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, it can. It's overrated. Deal with the opinion and move on.

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote: Yes, it can. It's overrated. Deal with the opinion and move on.

      Except it's not an opinion that it's not overrated, it's a fact. Heck, even the Disney Renaissance page and The Little Mermaid page made very clear that it's what SAVED Disney. Disney itself will claim the same as well.

        Loading editor
    • No, it is an opinion that is overrated and not a fact that it isn't.


      You're laughable. Entertain us some more with your facts lol.

        Loading editor
    • The same way you don't think The Little Mermaid is overrated, some people just do. When it comes to opinions, it's pretty much a free-for-all. Even if you think something doesn't deserve criticism, there will always be people with a different point of view. Best thing to do is let it go and move on. You can voice your own thoughts, but if someone doesn't agree with you, there's no need to convince them otherwise. Just a a few tips :)

        Loading editor
    • Jjuser wrote:
      The same way you don't think The Little Mermaid is overrated, some people just do. When it comes to opinions, it's pretty much a free-for-all. Even if you think something doesn't deserve criticism, there will always be people with a different point of view. Best thing to do is let it go and move on. You can voice your own thoughts, but if someone doesn't agree with you, there's no need to convince them otherwise. Just a a few tips :)

      No need bothering, you can see it's a lost cause.

        Loading editor
    • If it truly was overrated, then please explain why Disney is even in existence now? How do you explain that? Heck, how can you explain The Black Cauldron being delayed in terms of release due to The Little Mermaid if it truly was overrated?

      I go by facts, and you can read up on facts on this wiki making clear that The Little Mermaid is pretty much what saved Disney. You can also read it up on Wikipedia, and they've got sources. The Little Mermaid is pretty much the reason why we even HAVE a Disney Renaissance, so at least be thankful for that.

      @Jjuser: So if someone decides to go around and say "two plus two equals five", you might as well let them even when it's clearly incorrect simply because it's their opinion? Last I checked, that's actually the wrong way to go. If someone makes a mistake, you need to correct them. One of the things I hate about Voltaire is his claim that one can say even the most stupid of things and incorrect of things just because it's their opinion. When someone makes a mistake, you are obligated to call them out on it.

        Loading editor
    • If that's what they want to believe, sure :P

        Loading editor
    • Jjuser wrote: If that's what they want to believe, sure :P

      So if some nut decides in his opinion gravity doesn't exist, and he decides to prove it by jumping off the Empire State Building, you're just going to let him simply because it's his opinion, even when said action's just going to result in him becoming a stain spot on the road? I'm sorry, but that is NOT how I operate. And quite frankly, I'm sick of people like Voltaire thinking that just because people have an opinion, they are free to impose it regardless of the neighbor (yet he somehow thinks it's okay to just butcher Christianity and make slanderous lies about it).

        Loading editor
    • I do admit, I give some credit to Chicken Little since it was Disney's first shot at a 3D animated movie.  Dinosaurs wasn't even done in 3D!

        Loading editor
    • DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:
      I do admit, I give some credit to Chicken Little since it was Disney's first shot at a 3D animated movie.  Dinosaurs wasn't even done in 3D!

      Yes, it was. Only the landscapes and backrounds were in live action. The characters were all in 3D.

        Loading editor
    • TRIMC 95 wrote:
      DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:
      I do admit, I give some credit to Chicken Little since it was Disney's first shot at a 3D animated movie.  Dinosaurs wasn't even done in 3D!
      Yes, it was. Only the landscapes and backrounds were in live action. The characters were all in 3D.

      Fair enough, but I still give Chicken Little more credit because that's considered to be the first fully CGI film that Disney made.

        Loading editor
    • DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:
      TRIMC 95 wrote:
      DonyarktheKungFuMinion wrote:
      I do admit, I give some credit to Chicken Little since it was Disney's first shot at a 3D animated movie.  Dinosaurs wasn't even done in 3D!
      Yes, it was. Only the landscapes and backrounds were in live action. The characters were all in 3D.
      Fair enough, but I still give Chicken Little more credit because that's considered to be the first fully CGI film that Disney made.

      That doesn't really make it good.

        Loading editor
    • The worst Disney film is Home on the Range, imo. The only slighty reedeming quality to it has to be music by Alan Menken and maaaaaaybe the animation but even then, the animation in the movie is pretty weak especially when compared to the rest of the Disney canon. And the worst Pixar film is Cars 2, even though it isn't THAT bad.

        Loading editor
    • KingAries4598 wrote:
      The worst Disney film is Home on the Range, imo. The only slighty reedeming quality to it has to be music by Alan Menken and maaaaaaybe the animation but even then, the animation in the movie is pretty weak especially when compared to the rest of the Disney canon. And the worst Pixar film is Cars 2, even though it isn't THAT bad.

      Dom't worry, Chicken Little is only slightly worse.

        Loading editor
    • The Pacifier

        Loading editor
    • Joseph8 wrote:
      This is probably the worst Disney film.


      It is!

        Loading editor
    • The 13th Hero wrote:
      KingAries4598 wrote:
      The worst Disney film is Home on the Range, imo. The only slighty reedeming quality to it has to be music by Alan Menken and maaaaaaybe the animation but even then, the animation in the movie is pretty weak especially when compared to the rest of the Disney canon. And the worst Pixar film is Cars 2, even though it isn't THAT bad.
      Dom't worry, Chicken Little is only slightly worse.

      I actually kinda liked Chicken Little but I can definitely see what you mean.

        Loading editor
    • In my opinion, the worst Disney movie is Cinderella. I really don't like Cinderella's voice for some reason.

        Loading editor
    • Merrymolly23 wrote: In my opinion, the worst Disney movie is Cinderella. I really don't like Cinderella's voice for some reason.

      Just so we're clear, do you mean the 1950 version, or the 2015 remake? There are technically two Cinderella films out now. It probably isn't a necessary question to ask since you mentioned her voice, but better safe than sorry.

        Loading editor
    • Merrymolly23 wrote: In my opinion, the worst Disney movie is Cinderella. I really don't like Cinderella's voice for some reason.

      ugh, cinderella is painfully boring.

        Loading editor
    • Little hero six wrote:

      Merrymolly23 wrote: In my opinion, the worst Disney movie is Cinderella. I really don't like Cinderella's voice for some reason.

      ugh, cinderella is painfully boring.

      The 2015 version is so boring

        Loading editor
    • Fredbear Is (Not) Alive!
      Fredbear Is (Not) Alive! removed this reply because:
      I was a stupid boi.
      15:44, July 7, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • My least favorite Disney movies are the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movies

        Loading editor
    • I'm gonna have to go with brother bear... The jokes are so cringy

        Loading editor
    • Random Bomb wrote:
      Joseph8 wrote:
      This is probably the worst Disney film.

      It is!

      Oyy... The mere existence of this horrible CGI atrocity is AN ABOMINATION TO DISNEY ITSELF! I'd call it rotting garbage but that would be an insult to rotting garbage! It was so excessively horrible it gave me PTSD! (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit on the PTSD part. My apologies!) Fortunately, the company subsidary or whatever you call it shut down so we have nothing more to fear from them...

        Loading editor
    • Robin Hood or Aristocats is the worst Disney movie of all time! 

        Loading editor
    • Worst Disney Pixar movie Inside Out

        Loading editor
    • Butterfly2015 wrote:
      Worst Disney Pixar movie Inside Out

      I didn't like Inside Out either.

        Loading editor
    • In answer to the film asking about: According to the "Topics for this thread", either Mars Needs Moms or Robin Hood.

        Loading editor
    • Poninefreak wrote:
      Butterfly2015 wrote:
      Worst Disney Pixar movie Inside Out
      I didn't like Inside Out either.

      I wouldn't say I hated it, but I certainly didn't love it. I kinda liked it, but it's highly overrated, being claimed as the best animated film, that's too much for a film THAT flawed.

        Loading editor
    • Worst as in "lacking quality and many plotholes" or worst as in "didn't appeal to me"?

      I don't think any of the films in the DAC are bad, but I didn't like Fantasia or its sequel very much, though the animation was great, and it was a creative idea. I wasn't very fond of The Jungle Book or Treasure Planet either, but I can see why many people like them.

      There are a lot of films where the quality/animation sucks, yet I still love them. Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Aristocats... The list goes on (and on, and on)

      But a film in "bad" quality that didn't appeal to me... probably Home on the Range, but that may just be because of my general dislike for the dairy industry (and it was okay). 

      As for Live Action... I've only seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and the only Pixar films I've seen are Brave and Inside out, and all those are good.

        Loading editor
    • After reading this I guess the worst flim Disney is in the eye of the beholder.

        Loading editor
    • Delete Robin Hood from topics for this thread!! 😡😡

        Loading editor
    • For me the WORST (Live-action) Disney movie of all-time is HEAVYWEIGHTS

      Abd the worst animated Disney film is MELODY TIME

        Loading editor
    • HCShannon14 wrote:

      Joseph8 wrote:
      It is hard to believe that Mars Needs Moms is brought to us by the same company that brought us Frozen.

      It's hard to believe that Mars Needs Moms was from a book written by the same genius who gave us Bloom County!

      Disney deserved the blame for this piece of Pumbaa s***. Considering their history of bowdlerizing fairy tales, literary works, real-life events, legends and mythologies, they could've probably tainted the book.

        Loading editor
    • Worst Animated Disney Canon Film: Chicken Little Worst Animated Non Disney Canon Film: Valiant Worst Live Action Disney Movie: Angels in The Outfield Worst Pixar Movie: None, all of them are AMAZING!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+