FANDOM


  • I know it's not likely to happen, but if the ending of 'Pocahontas' could ever be changed in any way (perhaps in an altered (REAL, not fanmade) version if it was ever possible), I for one would like it to be one of these:

    1. Before they depart John Smith states "I'll return someday, I promise." and Pocahontas says "Until we meet again...." then they kiss.

    2. John gets wounded, but not bad enough to have to return to England; he gets treatment from an English doctor who came with him.  The doctor says that John will recover and he remains in Jamestown.

    3. Ratcliffe misses John when he tries to shoot Powhatan but still gets tied up and gagged and taken back to England.  And John stays behind in Jamestown.

      Loading editor
    • YESS THANK YOU

        Loading editor
    • Moon0123 wrote:
      YESS THANK YOU

      For what?

        Loading editor
    • I loved the ending. ;-; It was so romantic. <3

        Loading editor
    • Ncfwhitetigress wrote:
      I loved the ending. ;-; It was so romantic. <3

      Ya but if the ending was different Pocahontas 2 wouldn't have ended up with her and John Rolfe.

        Loading editor
    • Well to change the ending of the movie we have to change the real history of Pocahontas

        Loading editor
    • Moon0123 wrote:
      Ncfwhitetigress wrote:
      I loved the ending. ;-; It was so romantic. <3
      Ya but if the ending was different Pocahontas 2 wouldn't have ended up with her and John Rolfe.

      I know I liked it the way it was. I know some people didn't, but Rolfe is more my type.

        Loading editor
    • Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:
      Well to change the ending of the movie we have to change the real history of Pocahontas

      I don't know much about the real story but I know there werr still a few changes from it in the first film, like Pocahontas' age and the romance between her and John Smith for instance.  Disney is always making alterations, what's with a change in the ending (if they could do that know that is)

        Loading editor
    • Ncfwhitetigress wrote:
      Moon0123 wrote:
      Ncfwhitetigress wrote:
      I loved the ending. ;-; It was so romantic. <3
      Ya but if the ending was different Pocahontas 2 wouldn't have ended up with her and John Rolfe.
      I know I liked it the way it was. I know some people didn't, but Rolfe is more my type.

      As mush I prefer Pocahontas ending up with John Smith I admit I am a little glad that she ended up with somebody.  As well as seeing John Smith recovered, he and Pocahontas at least met again and were fine with each other's ways; hence their parting with smiles.  There are just times when I feel just a little down by the first film's ending.

        Loading editor
    • I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!

        Loading editor
    • Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!

      I wouldn't say that about the sequel

        Loading editor
    • Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:

      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I wouldn't say that about the sequel

      Did you enjoy the sequel?! Or are you just less negative about it?

        Loading editor
    • Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!

      I prefer the word bittersweet.

        Loading editor
    • Somebodybends wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:

      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I wouldn't say that about the sequel
      Did you enjoy the sequel?! Or are you just less negative about it?

      I'd like any movie Disney releases

        Loading editor
    • Site Looker wrote:
      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I prefer the word bittersweet.

      The ending of the first film is bittersweet. The ending of the sequel is rotten.

        Loading editor
    • Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:
      Somebodybends wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:


      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I wouldn't say that about the sequel
      Did you enjoy the sequel?! Or are you just less negative about it?
      I'd like any movie Disney releases

      I felt the same way, in the blissful days before I was forced to watch Pocahontas II.

        Loading editor
    • Somebodybends wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:


      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I wouldn't say that about the sequel
      Did you enjoy the sequel?! Or are you just less negative about it?

      I try to be less negative about the sequel, mostly because of the first film's ending.

        Loading editor
    • Somebodybends wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:
      Somebodybends wrote:

      Walt Disney, Jr. wrote:


      Somebodybends wrote:
      I don't mind the sad ending of the film. But the correct sequel would have brought them back together. Pocahontas is a beautiful, amazing, inspiring (if a little sad) movie. Pocahontas 2 is a horrible, revolting, boring, contradictory (if slightly similarto realistic events) miscarriage!!
      I wouldn't say that about the sequel
      Did you enjoy the sequel?! Or are you just less negative about it?
      I'd like any movie Disney releases

      I felt the same way, in the blissful days before I was forced to watch Pocahontas II.

      For those who dislike the sequel a simple "I don't like this film" will be enough, there's no need for so many harsh words.

        Loading editor
    • If there was an alternate ending.  And let me be clear after once upon a time I am tired of these ideas, but there is one that always struck me as a good one.

      If an ending to a movie was to be rewritten it would be the little mermaid, and this is what I would do.  Make the fight longer against Ursula.  Ariel and The sea witch go at it under the sea while eric recovers after nearly drowning by the eels.  When the eels are accidentally killed like in the real movie Ursula grows bigs as before.  Then it plays out as before, but when eric hits ursula with the ship it doesn't kill her, but it disables her for the moment (dropping the trident into the whirlpool).  Ursula pulls the ship out of her and in one punch obliterates it.  Eric just barely surviving.  Then when the water closes Ursula sees a bright glow in the water, and a powerful beam of light shoots out of the water and kills the sea witch.  With ursula's death all those enslaved to her are freed.

      Ariel watches as Eric recovers on the shore, but before king triton can make a choice to let her go Ariel does it herself.  Hoping into the water she swims over to her father and tells him that when she will do things in her own time, and that she would like to go home.  Mean while on shore a crofters girl with similar but lighter red hair appears on the beach and finds prince eric, and he once again mistakes her for Ariel, but is no less in adolesent love.

      The scene ends with Ariel and the kingdom rejoicing for the sea witch's and that their littler mermaid has finally found her way home

        Loading editor
    • Elephant777 wrote: If there was an alternate ending.  And let me be clear after once upon a time I am tired of these ideas, but there is one that always struck me as a good one.

      If an ending to a movie was to be rewritten it would be the little mermaid, and this is what I would do.  Make the fight longer against Ursula.  Ariel and The sea witch go at it under the sea while eric recovers after nearly drowning by the eels.  When the eels are accidentally killed like in the real movie Ursula grows bigs as before.  Then it plays out as before, but when eric hits ursula with the ship it doesn't kill her, but it disables her for the moment (dropping the trident into the whirlpool).  Ursula pulls the ship out of her and in one punch obliterates it.  Eric just barely surviving.  Then when the water closes Ursula sees a bright glow in the water, and a powerful beam of light shoots out of the water and kills the sea witch.  With ursula's death all those enslaved to her are freed.

      Ariel watches as Eric recovers on the shore, but before king triton can make a choice to let her go Ariel does it herself.  Hoping into the water she swims over to her father and tells him that when she will do things in her own time, and that she would like to go home.  Mean while on shore a crofters girl with similar but lighter red hair appears on the beach and finds prince eric, and he once again mistakes her for Ariel, but is no less in adolesent love.

      The scene ends with Ariel and the kingdom rejoicing for the sea witch's and that their littler mermaid has finally found her way home

      This discussion was actually meant for Pocahontas, not The Little Mermaid. If you want to discuss your proposed ending for TLM, you really should create a new topic and specify it's for The Little Mermaid.

      As far as the topic at hand, as much as I could entertain a different ending, I don't think the circumstances of the film would allow for it, since it's based on history and all, and they've already done too much to alter the history of the film as it is by having Pocahontas cheat on Kocoum with John Smith.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry did not realize this was just about Pocahontas the title just said "If an ending could ever be changed" so I just went with that,so appologies

        Loading editor
    • Weedle McHairybug wrote:

      Elephant777 wrote: If there was an alternate ending.  And let me be clear after once upon a time I am tired of these ideas, but there is one that always struck me as a good one.

      If an ending to a movie was to be rewritten it would be the little mermaid, and this is what I would do.  Make the fight longer against Ursula.  Ariel and The sea witch go at it under the sea while eric recovers after nearly drowning by the eels.  When the eels are accidentally killed like in the real movie Ursula grows bigs as before.  Then it plays out as before, but when eric hits ursula with the ship it doesn't kill her, but it disables her for the moment (dropping the trident into the whirlpool).  Ursula pulls the ship out of her and in one punch obliterates it.  Eric just barely surviving.  Then when the water closes Ursula sees a bright glow in the water, and a powerful beam of light shoots out of the water and kills the sea witch.  With ursula's death all those enslaved to her are freed.

      Ariel watches as Eric recovers on the shore, but before king triton can make a choice to let her go Ariel does it herself.  Hoping into the water she swims over to her father and tells him that when she will do things in her own time, and that she would like to go home.  Mean while on shore a crofters girl with similar but lighter red hair appears on the beach and finds prince eric, and he once again mistakes her for Ariel, but is no less in adolesent love.

      The scene ends with Ariel and the kingdom rejoicing for the sea witch's and that their littler mermaid has finally found her way home

      This discussion was actually meant for Pocahontas, not The Little Mermaid. If you want to discuss your proposed ending for TLM, you really should create a new topic and specify it's for The Little Mermaid.

      As far as the topic at hand, as much as I could entertain a different ending, I don't think the circumstances of the film would allow for it, since it's based on history and all, and they've already done too much to alter the history of the film as it is by having Pocahontas cheat on Kocoum with John Smith.

      Weedle McHairybug, I did say I know it 's not likely to happen. But I still wanted to say how it could have been changed if it could.

        Loading editor
    • Site Looker
      Site Looker removed this reply because:
      I was not meant to repeat/reply on this - I was meant to edit the previous comment I made
      12:45, March 14, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Elephant777 wrote:
      If there was an alternate ending.  And let me be clear after once upon a time I am tired of these ideas, but there is one that always struck me as a good one.

      If an ending to a movie was to be rewritten it would be the little mermaid, and this is what I would do.  Make the fight longer against Ursula.  Ariel and The sea witch go at it under the sea while eric recovers after nearly drowning by the eels.  When the eels are accidentally killed like in the real movie Ursula grows bigs as before.  Then it plays out as before, but when eric hits ursula with the ship it doesn't kill her, but it disables her for the moment (dropping the trident into the whirlpool).  Ursula pulls the ship out of her and in one punch obliterates it.  Eric just barely surviving.  Then when the water closes Ursula sees a bright glow in the water, and a powerful beam of light shoots out of the water and kills the sea witch.  With ursula's death all those enslaved to her are freed.

      Ariel watches as Eric recovers on the shore, but before king triton can make a choice to let her go Ariel does it herself.  Hoping into the water she swims over to her father and tells him that when she will do things in her own time, and that she would like to go home.  Mean while on shore a crofters girl with similar but lighter red hair appears on the beach and finds prince eric, and he once again mistakes her for Ariel, but is no less in adolesent love.

      The scene ends with Ariel and the kingdom rejoicing for the sea witch's and that their littler mermaid has finally found her way home

      This is SOO revolutionary!!  I kînd of like it, reminds me of Charlotte in The Princess and the Frog who gave oûp on Prince Naveen, which I really admired - both the character and the creators of the story.

        Loading editor
    • Site Looker wrote:
      I know it's not likely to happen, but if the ending of 'Pocahontas' could ever be changed in any way (perhaps in an altered (REAL, not fanmade) version if it was ever possible), I for one would like it to be one of these:

      1. Before they depart John Smith states "I'll return someday, I promise." and Pocahontas says "Until we meet again...." then they kiss.

      2. John gets wounded, but not bad enough to have to return to England; he gets treatment from an English doctor who came with him.  The doctor says that John will recover and he remains in Jamestown.

      3. Ratcliffe misses John when he tries to shoot Powhatan but still gets tied up and gagged and taken back to England.  And John stays behind in Jamestown.

      Good ideas.

        Loading editor
    • It should have ended with the American Revolution.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph8 wrote:
      It should have ended with the American Revolution.

      Pocahontas and the American revolution were in two very different times. Please inform yourself.

        Loading editor
    • If it ended with the American Revolution, then they would be like 200 years old

        Loading editor
    • USERS ON THIS PAGE of Pocahontas' movie ending being changed It's not romance or ratcliffe wishng to fight that mainly formed the ending it's HER TRUE HISTORY she saw John smith when England start fussing about gold a while after Spain's fight over gold. Then later real life John rolfe is who Pocahontas married and had her child with. The fake scene is that John Smith survived the war. 

      These Powhatan tribes hated how much Spain and England ruinned their territories searching for gold greedily as well as Europe's state rudely capturing Powhatan tribe members. I've read a non-fiction book that described the lifestyle of these tribe that are part this Powhatan stuff. Pocahontas' father actually led 6 trible. One of his brothers was angrier though so the fight against England continued violently. Pocahontas' animated movies just luckily don't show the roughest moments of the Powhatan tribes wanting Spanish and English to leave their Virginia grounds alone.

        Loading editor
    • This subject is really about THIS FILM VERSION, not the true real-life story LionGuardE.

        Loading editor
    • Quit the fuss Site Locker! Inspirational sometimes matter too, and tons of her fans are confused about the two johns she met. It's true too that's movie didn't form the story quite accurately, that's especially clear when you read non-fiction of her tribe. You know how much closer to the truth Mulan's movie is!

        Loading editor
    • LionGuardEscort198 wrote:
      Quit the fuss Site Locker! Inspirational sometimes matter too, and tons of her fans are confused about the two johns she met. It's true too that's movie didn't form the story quite accurately, that's especially clear when you read non-fiction of her tribe. You know how much closer to the truth Mulan's movie is!

      Not really, but I don't really care.

        Loading editor
    • I'm fine even if another user doesn't completely care about a movie, Anxiety and feeling a tad insulted by someone else' words those two issues get me quick, I didn't speak to argue.

        Loading editor
    • If they were to follow the real/true/original story, they should have done so since the first film. There would probably be no such revolt.

        Loading editor
    • They could change the ending of the franchise by doing a 3rd film depicting how she dies. Pocahontas III: Gravesend for example, since Gravesent Kent is the point among the River Thames is where she fell ill and was brought ashore and died. Not sure if Disney would want to play the "poisoned" angle, or make a suggestion of it but ultimately not answer it.

      It's not like they did that for Hunchback of Notre Dame or anything, but perhaps that kind of more serious approach might be done if they choose to do live-action adaptations of these films like they recently did with Beauty and the Beast.

      Dylan Thomas' "Deep with the first dead...secret by the unmourning water of the riding Thames" could be appropriate here.

      It might also be interesting to see a midquel where it shows a husband (Kocoum) and child lost prior to John Rolfe, which seems to be a popular viewpoint per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas#Possible_first_marriage among the Mattaponi.

        Loading editor
    • My dislike of Ratcliffe I'd choose your third choice of how to change the end of Pocahontas's movie let Ratcliffe miss both as he tries to shoot but still get tied up because his reaction is both mean to the tribe and disobedient to his own people, especially when he speaks to the king in the sequel.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.