FANDOM


  • Why Mor'du wanted to kill Merida (or her family and possibly the Lords and their sons)?

      Loading editor
    • I think that this is because of his obssession with power, thinking that by killing them, he was going to be more powerful than anyone else. Also because he's a wild animal. If there is a sequel to Brave and if Pixar ever wants to bring Mor'du back and be the main villain again, maybe we will learn about his true intentions

        Loading editor
      • Merida is fighting Mor'Du, while Wolf 91 is coaching her from the sidelines*

      Wolf 91: You just need to figure out what he wants, what's his motivation?

      Merida: He's a man-eating bear, he doesn't have a motivation!

      Wolf 91: See, that's your problem, Merida, you were never serious about the craft of combat!

        Loading editor
    • Agustinaldo wrote:
      *Merida is fighting Mor'Du, while Wolf 91 is coaching her from the sidelines*

      Wolf 91: You just need to figure out what he wants, what's his motivation?

      Merida: He's a man-eating bear, he doesn't have a motivation!

      Wolf 91: See, that's your problem, Merida, you were never serious about the craft of combat!

      Come on he could have lilled and eaten anyone else but he kept trying to kill Merida I just wan't to know why.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think there was a reason for it. Like Elinor would have, the mind Mor'du had sucumbed to the ¬†effects of the witch's spell. Therefore, he had no higher motivation for attacking Merida specifically. As was previoiusly pointed out in this discussion, he would have attacked anyone who crossed paths with him. Otherwise he would have gone after Merida instead of fighting King Fergus and his men in the beginning and the near end.

        Loading editor
    • MissFitt wrote:
      I don't think there was a reason for it. Like Elinor would have, the mind Mor'du had sucumbed to the  effects of the witch's spell. Therefore, he had no higher motivation for attacking Merida specifically. As was previoiusly pointed out in this discussion, he would have attacked anyone who crossed paths with him. Otherwise he would have gone after Merida instead of fighting King Fergus and his men in the beginning and the near end.

      He did for instance when he was figthig Fergus he then turned his attention to Merida and even when Elinor and him were fighting he tryed to get to Merida. Also if he was just trying to attack them ou of food then why did't he just go out and kill a moose like other bears do cause Moose wich has alot more meat on it's bones then Merida and most of the other people in Brave. Also in his infobox picture it says his gole was "to kill Merida and anyone who gets in his way".

        Loading editor
    • Wolf 91 wrote:
      Agustinaldo wrote:
      *Merida is fighting Mor'Du, while Wolf 91 is coaching her from the sidelines*

      Wolf 91: You just need to figure out what he wants, what's his motivation?

      Merida: He's a man-eating bear, he doesn't have a motivation!

      Wolf 91: See, that's your problem, Merida, you were never serious about the craft of combat!

      Come on he could have lilled and eaten anyone else but he kept trying to kill Merida I just wan't to know why.
      ...it's a reference to this

      ...it's a reference to this.


        Loading editor
    • Agustinaldo wrote:
      *Merida is fighting Mor'Du, while Wolf 91 is coaching her from the sidelines*

      Wolf 91: You just need to figure out what he wants, what's his motivation?

      Merida: He's a man-eating bear, he doesn't have a motivation!

      Wolf 91: See, that's your problem, Merida, you were never serious about the craft of combat!

      Just out of curiosity what is it with you and your storys.

        Loading editor
    • Just curious here but um has anyone ever considered the fact that mor'du secretly regreted what he did to his 3 brothers as a bear and wanted to end up as a spirit at the end of the film? Because by going after Merida and most of her family to get someone to kill him so he could free from being a bear for the rest of life and learned from his past experiences because remember at the end of the film after his spirit was freeded from the bear his spirit thanked Merida for freeing him.that kind of says he secretly regreted something he did in his past when he was a bear which would make him not extremely pure evil because he did let his Anger over what happened with his brothers get the better of him. He made a rash decision over Something with his family and was turned into a bear to learn a lesson and ended up secretly regreting what he did so he went after Merida to get someone in her family to kill him so he could end up as a wisp(Spirit) because he'd rather be dead then to have to live with the Guilt,Torment,Pain&Remorse(deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed is the definition of remorse) in his past especially what he did to his 3 brothers or whatever he is deeply regreting I mean it would make sense since he is compared to Merida because both have clashes with their families because of pride but mor'du let his pride/anger get the better of him where as Merida to break the curse learned to love her family again.Mor'du's soul was tormented over what he did to his family as bear and because he lived for so long all he wanted was peace and since he was a bear he couldn't tell people what he wanted them to do to him since his bear can't talk in the film so he attacked people to get someone to kill him so he could live in peace as a spirit(better known as Wisp) and Merida's Family were the ones who helped him get his peace by killing his bear so his spirit could be fear. So really Mor'du isn't all that evil he just made one rash decision bad then let his anger get the better of him but he ended up feeling guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse over what he did in his past and wanted to be free from that so he went after Merida and her family to get one of them to kill him so he could be free from his guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse as a bear because he secretly regreted what he did and the path he choose to go down. Seriously mor'du wasn't evil from the start when he was human before he killed his brothers he was caring,kind,brotherly,friendly&Understanding.it wasn't until his father told mor'du that he wanted all 4 of the brothers to share the kingdom that mor'du started to become obsessed with power but in the end mor'du regreted his decisions he made in his past when he was angry with his family and wanted peace(which is unlike Hans from Frozen who didn't regret anything and just cared about being king) so Mor'du isn't pure evil at all because he ended up deeply regretting his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace so he spent years trying to get someone to kill him to free him from his demon side. And I only compare him to Hans in the pride area because both wanted power but in brave,mor'du in the end regreted his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace.

      I know we don't know for sure why but iam 100% sure everything I've said is 100% True because mor'du only let his pride and anger get the better of him and decided to kill his brothers as a bear but he deeply regreted both his decisions and wanted peace in the end. Mor'du was never pure evil and obsessed with power until his father was dying and wanted mor'du and his brothers to share the kingdom. So when mor'du was a bear regreted the decisions he made in his past as both a human and a bear and wanted to die to be a spirit.he deeply regreted his decisions and wanted to die to have peace.

        Loading editor
    • GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:
      Just curious here but um has anyone ever considered the fact that mor'du secretly regreted what he did to his 3 brothers as a bear and wanted to end up as a spirit at the end of the film? Because by going after Merida and most of her family to get someone to kill him so he could free from being a bear for the rest of life and learned from his past experiences because remember at the end of the film after his spirit was freeded from the bear his spirit thanked Merida for freeing him.that kind of says he secretly regreted something he did in his past when he was a bear which would make him not extremely pure evil because he did let his Anger over what happened with his brothers get the better of him. He made a rash decision over Something with his family and was turned into a bear to learn a lesson and ended up secretly regreting what he did so he went after Merida to get someone in her family to kill him so he could end up as a wisp(Spirit) because he'd rather be dead then to have to live with the Guilt,Torment,Pain&Remorse(deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed is the definition of remorse) in his past especially what he did to his 3 brothers or whatever he is deeply regreting I mean it would make sense since he is compared to Merida because both have clashes with their families because of pride but mor'du let his pride/anger get the better of him where as Merida to break the curse learned to love her family again.Mor'du's soul was tormented over what he did to his family as bear and because he lived for so long all he wanted was peace and since he was a bear he couldn't tell people what he wanted them to do to him since his bear can't talk in the film so he attacked people to get someone to kill him so he could live in peace as a spirit(better known as Wisp) and Merida's Family were the ones who helped him get his peace by killing his bear so his spirit could be fear. So really Mor'du isn't all that evil he just made one rash decision bad then let his anger get the better of him but he ended up feeling guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse over what he did in his past and wanted to be free from that so he went after Merida and her family to get one of them to kill him so he could be free from his guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse as a bear because he secretly regreted what he did and the path he choose to go down. Seriously mor'du wasn't evil from the start when he was human before he killed his brothers he was caring,kind,brotherly,friendly&Understanding.it wasn't until his father told mor'du that he wanted all 4 of the brothers to share the kingdom that mor'du started to become obsessed with power but in the end mor'du regreted his decisions he made in his past when he was angry with his family and wanted peace(which is unlike Hans from Frozen who didn't regret anything and just cared about being king) so Mor'du isn't pure evil at all because he ended up deeply regretting his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace so he spent years trying to get someone to kill him to free him from his demon side. And I only compare him to Hans in the pride area because both wanted power but in brave,mor'du in the end regreted his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace.

      I know we don't know for sure why but iam 100% sure everything I've said is 100% True because mor'du only let his pride and anger get the better of him and decided to kill his brothers as a bear but he deeply regreted both his decisions and wanted peace in the end. Mor'du was never pure evil and obsessed with power until his father was dying and wanted mor'du and his brothers to share the kingdom. So when mor'du was a bear regreted the decisions he made in his past as both a human and a bear and wanted to die to be a spirit.he deeply regreted his decisions and wanted to die to have peace.

      Maybe, but what I do consider is that his human self was really sorry and he deeply regreted for killing his brothers and at the end he redeemed, from inside his bear self, his human mind was hoping for someone to kill his bear self so he could be free. But his bear mind, was wanting to kill Merida and her family and wanting to be the king of the evil wild forest

      I just want Mor'du to return in Brave 2 as the demon bear main villain again (but luckily, his human self who had turned into a wisp is still good and is with his brothers in heaven or with the other wisps). So when he comes back, he will be all bear minded and this time, he will try to get revenge on Merida and her family for killing him and letting his human self be free from his bear self. He could even join forces with the Waystone Spirits (the enemies that appeared in the Brave video game) and with the werebear family, with his fake nephew and Merida's possible love interest, Karalt as the demon bear's lieutenant

        Loading editor
    • Also, I hope that Mor'du can be voiced by either Rhys Ifans using his Lizard voice or Clancy Brown using his Kurgan voice

        Loading editor
    • GirlMeetsWorldFan123 wrote:
      Just curious here but um has anyone ever considered the fact that mor'du secretly regreted what he did to his 3 brothers as a bear and wanted to end up as a spirit at the end of the film? Because by going after Merida and most of her family to get someone to kill him so he could free from being a bear for the rest of life and learned from his past experiences because remember at the end of the film after his spirit was freeded from the bear his spirit thanked Merida for freeing him.that kind of says he secretly regreted something he did in his past when he was a bear which would make him not extremely pure evil because he did let his Anger over what happened with his brothers get the better of him. He made a rash decision over Something with his family and was turned into a bear to learn a lesson and ended up secretly regreting what he did so he went after Merida to get someone in her family to kill him so he could end up as a wisp(Spirit) because he'd rather be dead then to have to live with the Guilt,Torment,Pain&Remorse(deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed is the definition of remorse) in his past especially what he did to his 3 brothers or whatever he is deeply regreting I mean it would make sense since he is compared to Merida because both have clashes with their families because of pride but mor'du let his pride/anger get the better of him where as Merida to break the curse learned to love her family again.Mor'du's soul was tormented over what he did to his family as bear and because he lived for so long all he wanted was peace and since he was a bear he couldn't tell people what he wanted them to do to him since his bear can't talk in the film so he attacked people to get someone to kill him so he could live in peace as a spirit(better known as Wisp) and Merida's Family were the ones who helped him get his peace by killing his bear so his spirit could be fear. So really Mor'du isn't all that evil he just made one rash decision bad then let his anger get the better of him but he ended up feeling guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse over what he did in his past and wanted to be free from that so he went after Merida and her family to get one of them to kill him so he could be free from his guilt,torment,Pain&Remorse as a bear because he secretly regreted what he did and the path he choose to go down. Seriously mor'du wasn't evil from the start when he was human before he killed his brothers he was caring,kind,brotherly,friendly&Understanding.it wasn't until his father told mor'du that he wanted all 4 of the brothers to share the kingdom that mor'du started to become obsessed with power but in the end mor'du regreted his decisions he made in his past when he was angry with his family and wanted peace(which is unlike Hans from Frozen who didn't regret anything and just cared about being king) so Mor'du isn't pure evil at all because he ended up deeply regretting his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace so he spent years trying to get someone to kill him to free him from his demon side. And I only compare him to Hans in the pride area because both wanted power but in brave,mor'du in the end regreted his decisions in his past and wanted to live in peace.

      I know we don't know for sure why but iam 100% sure everything I've said is 100% True because mor'du only let his pride and anger get the better of him and decided to kill his brothers as a bear but he deeply regreted both his decisions and wanted peace in the end. Mor'du was never pure evil and obsessed with power until his father was dying and wanted mor'du and his brothers to share the kingdom. So when mor'du was a bear regreted the decisions he made in his past as both a human and a bear and wanted to die to be a spirit.he deeply regreted his decisions and wanted to die to have peace.

      That all makes perfictly absalute sense and when you think about it killing someone in the royal family like princess Merida would probobly make more people determand to kill him since the royal family is very important to a kingdom. Smart observation.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Bring Your Disney Movies Together