FANDOM


  • So according this, Frozen's Elsa and Anna won't be joining the Disney Princess line up. So I thought we talk the possibility of Moana having a disney princess coronation in the parks.

      Loading editor
    • i think that anna and elsa SHOULD follow the line up, after of all, i think that both have enough feats to enters, moana if she convice me shouldenter too.

      i still waiting for a mayan or japanese princess.

        Loading editor
    • Elsa and Anna didn't join because they're so popular, they don't need the other princesses to sell merchandise. Moana probably will join once she can no longer sell merchandise on her own.

        Loading editor
    • I heard Moana won't be a Disney Princess because her people don't consider her one.

        Loading editor
    • Royalreceiver wrote:
      I heard Moana won't be a Disney Princess because her people don't consider her one.

      HOW STUPID! of course she's be one!

        Loading editor
    • Mulan's people don't consider her a princess, yet she is a disney princess

        Loading editor
    • Well that is because of Disney's stupid marketing department

        Loading editor
    • and disney's "stupid" marketing department will probably make Moana a disney princess once she can no longer sell merchendise on her own

        Loading editor
    • Since it's been announced she's not an official princess, why is she still listed on the page? 

        Loading editor
    • Lovefiction wrote:
      Since it's been announced she's not an official princess, why is she still listed on the page? 

      she WILL be official when the movie comes out! disney has said she will be the next disney princess!

      You're a nutcase for saying she won't be you brat!

        Loading editor
    • Elsa and Anna are definitely part of the Disney Princess line-up in my mind. They may not have gotten officially inducted, but when the franchise is promoting them in basically all their materials, Frozen merchandise is getting branded with the Disney Princess logos, and they're even being included in princess songs. Moana would be a completely different story. 

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Elsa and Anna are definitely part of the Disney Princess line-up in my mind. They may not have gotten officially inducted, but when the franchise is promoting them in basically all their materials, Frozen merchandise is getting branded with the Disney Princess logos, and they're even being included in princess songs. Moana would be a completely different story. 

      so do you think Moana should have a coronation in the parks? :)

        Loading editor
    • I hope Moana gets a coronation and joins the line up! It would be so cool to see her with the other princesses.

        Loading editor
    • Really it depends on how well her movie does.  If the movie is a success but not to the extent Frozen was she'll probably join the list. And like whoever said above, once (if) she's not able to sell merchandise on her own she will join. 

        Loading editor
    • Moana won't be joining the other princesses because she's not a princess she's a chief, and although that is technically considered royalty in tribes, shes not the leader of an entire nation like the other princesses. As for Anna and Elsa they have already had their coronation and it lasted several months during a special presentstion every afternoon in front of the castle.

        Loading editor
    • Rruiz3rd wrote: Moana won't be joining the other princesses because she's not a princess she's a chief, and although that is technically considered royalty in tribes, shes not the leader of an entire nation like the other princesses. As for Anna and Elsa they have already had their coronation and it lasted several months during a special presentstion every afternoon in front of the castle.

      Pocahontas and Mulan weren't real princesses either, yet they're disney princesses. also, can you provide a source for your claim that elsa and anna have been coronated?

        Loading editor
    • Rruiz3rd wrote:
      Moana won't be joining the other princesses because she's not a princess she's a chief, and although that is technically considered royalty in tribes, shes not the leader of an entire nation like the other princesses. As for Anna and Elsa they have already had their coronation and it lasted several months during a special presentstion every afternoon in front of the castle.

      wait a minute, they joined the disney princess franchise or was a apart ceremony?

        Loading editor
    • Rruiz3rd wrote:
      Moana won't be joining the other princesses because she's not a princess she's a chief, and although that is technically considered royalty in tribes, shes not the leader of an entire nation like the other princesses. As for Anna and Elsa they have already had their coronation and it lasted several months during a special presentstion every afternoon in front of the castle.

      Anna and Elsa were never coronated. They had a welcoming ceremony at the parks, which isn't the same thing as being coronated into the Disney Princess line. The only characters that are in the Disney Princess Royal Court are on the Disney Princess website, which Anna and Elsa are not listed on. I understand how this can be confusing though, since whenever I try to look up videos of Tiana's coronation, the first videos that come up are of her welcoming ceremony in the parks and Rapunzel's coronation in England (and Tiana's coronation was in New York!).

      Also, your statement about Moana not being able to become a Disney Princess doesn't exactly make sense since Pocahontas (daughter of a Native American chief) and Mulan (daughter of a war veteran) are in the official lineup.

      I don't exactly understand why people wanna keep arguing over the legitimacy of a Princess' placement in the franchise because the only thing that actually matters is whether Disney says that character is a Princess or not. It doesn't matter if that heroine isn't a princess by blood or marriage.

      Disney has shifted the way they market their Princesses recently. They focus more on their personality and what makes each Princess a special and strong person. I remember trying to find anything with Pocahontas and Mulan and how it was basically impossible outside of the Disney Store before they changed the Princess brand. Now I'm starting to see Mulan pop up a lot more and Pocahontas every so often (still practically nonexstitent outside of coloring/activity books).

      Anyways, I'm rambling about this because I'm trying to show how whether or not a heroine is an actual princess, it doesn't matter. How a Disney character becomes a Princess is they had a successful film and after merchandise branded under their film name starts slowing in sales, they get coronated as an official Princess (it's happened with Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida). So I expect that Moana will become a Disney Princess, but who knows when.

        Loading editor
    • Moana is a chief now it's not our version of princess don't forget and we have to repect the culture that movie represents ok?

        Loading editor
    • Actually I feel like Elsa,Anna&Moana will all be added into the Disney princess franchise officially once they can't sell on their own because there will be a point when frozen can't stand on its own either right now it can yes but it won't be that way forever. All the princesses are the same in a way first they can sell on their own really well then they can't But the main problem with Moana is her dress it's not iconic.Princesses with iconic dresses sell off the shelves extremely fast

        Loading editor
    • And Elsa and Anna probably won't be added until frozen products can't sell well on their own right now frozen products fly off the shelves like crazy.

      As for Pocahontas she doesn't actually become chief, like Moana takes over the role of chief. Mulan takes her father's place for a bit but she doesn't actually take over.

      Moana actually becomes a chief

        Loading editor
    • yes we know all of this

        Loading editor
    • Inside the Magic says that Moana is expecting to join the line-up in this article about why Disney Princesses are not bad role-models.

      [1]

        Loading editor
    • Rangerscout wrote:
      Inside the Magic says that Moana is expecting to join the line-up in this article about why Disney Princesses are not bad role-models.

      [1]

      I can't wait then!

        Loading editor
    • I really want to see her in the line up! im really an huge fan of her

        Loading editor
    • Another reason why I think Elsa and Anna didn't enter the franchise probably because Disney might of thought it would be unnecessary if 2 princesses in one movie enter the lineup at one time. That's just my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • DisneyPrincessFan11 wrote: Another reason why I think Elsa and Anna didn't enter the franchise probably because Disney might of thought it would be unnecessary if 2 princesses in one movie enter the lineup at one time. That's just my opinion.

      it's all about money. they would have joined the franchise if the Frozen brand wasn't so strong. they make more money on their own than they would if they were disney princesses

        Loading editor
    • Rruiz3rd wrote:
      Moana won't be joining the other princesses because she's not a princess she's a chief, and although that is technically considered royalty in tribes, shes not the leader of an entire nation like the other princesses. As for Anna and Elsa they have already had their coronation and it lasted several months during a special presentstion every afternoon in front of the castle.

      There are several rules to become an official Disney princess. Obviously when Disney make a new movie they will decide whether this character could possibly (considering how much money it makes) become part of the princess line up.

      The first three rules are: 

      1. You need to be human.

      2. You need to have one of the leading roles in an original Disney movie.

      3. You need to be introduced in the first movie and not a sequal.

      In the following three rules you have to follow one of them:

      1. Be born into a royal family.

      2. Merry someone royal.

      3. Preform a great act of heroism.

      The third one there is a little bit tricky because most characters in the Disney universe has shown some kind of heroism but you have to consider that this rule was invented for Mulan who saved all of China. And this will obviously not be a problem for Moana because she saved the whole world from 'inescapable death'. And even if she hadn't she would still be considered a princess because she was born 'royal' in her island, she's the daughter of the chief and not just any random villager.

      The only reason why she wouldn't become a Disney princess is of course the last and probably most important rule;

      How much money you make.

      This is the rule that has stopped many possible Disney princesses such as princess Eilonwy from the Black Cauldron, Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Kida from Altantis the lost empire.

      They did make enough money for Disney so they decided not to include them. This was also the reason Anna and Elsa didn't join the franchise becasue they made to much money to even need the other princesses. They did much better on their own and created the Frozen franchise.

      For Moana we still don't know but so far it's looking pretty good, she's still doing a great job on her own but the movie is still pretty new and people are still in love with it. If they ever get bored of it she will most likely be joining the franchise (same goes for Frozen)...

        Loading editor
    • I honestly wouldn't recommend buying Moana merchandise because it's been four years since Merida joined the line and I would choose for her to be in the lineup but I realize that I have to be patient because Disney can't just right away add another princess. They always give it some time first before deciding weather or not it she could join the lineup. But anyway, I do remember seeing Tangled and Brave merchandise. I live in Western Pennsylvania and since last week I haven't seen the Moana merchandise. The only store around there I see selling Moana merchandise is Dollar Tree, but what's funny is all I saw was just magic towels. 

        Loading editor
    • you people would do well to remember that the disney princess franchise is all about money. if a princess can still earn disney money on her own, she won't become part of the franchise yet. if she can't make money on her own but can make the disney princess franchise more profitable, she will join it. heroism or being a princess has nothing to do with it

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508
      21EvanED155508 removed this reply because:
      It was unnecessary to say
      00:46, November 14, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • I do realize what you mean when you were saying about the franchise all about money, I do know that now but I just want to say Moana entering Disney Princess could happen once it stops selling by itself. At one point, Moana was verified not to join the line up, because it was actually suppose to smash Frozen in the box office, however it turned out to be a great success of 643.3 million dollars so it could mean that she will be entering soon, but we may have to wait for a long time for her to be the 12th princess.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      I do realize what you mean when you were saying about the franchise all about money, I do know that now but I just want to say Moana entering Disney Princess could happen once it stops selling by itself. At one point, Moana was verified not to join the line up, because it was actually suppose to smash Frozen in the box office, however it turned out to be a great success of 643.3 million dollars so it could mean that she will be entering soon, but we may have to wait for a long time for her to be the 12th princess.

      Who was the 12th Disney Princess? 

        Loading editor
    • Fede wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:
      I do realize what you mean when you were saying about the franchise all about money, I do know that now but I just want to say Moana entering Disney Princess could happen once it stops selling by itself. At one point, Moana was verified not to join the line up, because it was actually suppose to smash Frozen in the box office, however it turned out to be a great success of 643.3 million dollars so it could mean that she will be entering soon, but we may have to wait for a long time for her to be the 12th princess.

      Who was the 12th Disney Princess? 

      Moana will probably be

        Loading editor
    • I think also why she  hasn't been placed in the lineup because She, and Anna and Elsa will appearing along with the Disney Princesses in Wreck-It-Ralph 2, this may not make sense but this could hint that they'll join pretty soon, but right now it's just showing us their effectivley part of the DP franchise even though they aren't yet official.

      Elsa and Anna may join eventually, because box office sucess doesn't really matter anymore, It's about how well merchandise is selling, same with Moana I think Disney is planning this thing for those 3 characters to enter the lineup to suprise us, If Frozen 2 doesn't do as well as Frozen, Frozen 2 will re-encourage sells on Frozen merchandise and it's franchise will become part of the DP franchise as well which would have Elsa and Anna in the lineup.

      If Frozen 2 does about as or more than the prequel, then Anna and Elsa would never join, however Moana will still be planned to be added to the lineup.

        Loading editor
    • The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Fede wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:
      I do realize what you mean when you were saying about the franchise all about money, I do know that now but I just want to say Moana entering Disney Princess could happen once it stops selling by itself. At one point, Moana was verified not to join the line up, because it was actually suppose to smash Frozen in the box office, however it turned out to be a great success of 643.3 million dollars so it could mean that she will be entering soon, but we may have to wait for a long time for her to be the 12th princess.
      Who was the 12th Disney Princess? 
      Moana will probably be

      I don't know if Moana will be 14th Disney Princess.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      I think also why she  hasn't been placed in the lineup because She, and Anna and Elsa will appearing along with the Disney Princesses in Wreck-It-Ralph 2, this may not make sense but this could hint that they'll join pretty soon, but right now it's just showing us their effectivley part of the DP franchise even though they aren't yet official.

      Elsa and Anna may join eventually, because box office sucess doesn't really matter anymore, It's about how well merchandise is selling, same with Moana I think Disney is planning this thing for those 3 characters to enter the lineup to suprise us, If Frozen 2 doesn't do as well as Frozen, Frozen 2 will re-encourage sells on Frozen merchandise and it's franchise will become part of the DP franchise as well which would have Elsa and Anna in the lineup.

      If Frozen 2 does about as or more than the prequel, then Anna and Elsa would never join, however Moana will still be planned to be added to the lineup.

      Okay.

        Loading editor
    • The Disney Princess Instagram account has been with Moana. It probably doesn't confirm that she'll be added, but it's nice to see her with the other princesses.

        Loading editor
    • A new princess doll set is coming soon and it has Moana in it. Hmm...

      Tumblr pfya7r4jT81uvye5jo1 1280
      https://mmdisney200.tumblr.com/post/178654003299/new-princesses-doll-gift-set-is-available-on
        Loading editor
    • Where is Merida, Anna and Elsa?

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote: Where is Merida, Anna and Elsa?

      Have no idea. Also. About that rumor that you mentioned. When the news tackled this weeks ago. I figured what started this. Ever since Evan Rachel wood who is bisexual, and director of Christopher Robin where announced, people have jumped ahead for some reason and fueled the fire themselves. Then, Skyler Schuller who is a reliable source (yet a little overconfindent sometimes) tweeted a hint relating to this issue which from what I said above and then the news site called revenge of the fans who started this news again said very reliable sources claimed the rumor to be true, I already figured what source he was talking about, it was Skyler Schuller, disinsider, and Daniel RPK (but mostly a source for DC movies) but nobody from the production said anything. That's how this all started last month. Also, this tweet user named Eva the Sidkick who had high predictions for pop culture, tweeted that Elsa won't be gay in frozen 2, however she said that there will be LGBT representation in the film, I understand this because the new movies that have sequels do for feature LGBT Characters but in a very subtle way. But however in other words, we finally know that Elsa will stay single and sexuality free and romance free. I'm telling you this because I wanted to share of what I researched for the past two weeks.

        Loading editor
    • Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

        Loading editor
    • Adst wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote: Where is Merida, Anna and Elsa?

      Have no idea.

      Also. About that rumor that you mentioned. When the news tackled this weeks ago. I figured what started this. Ever since Evan Rachel wood who is bisexual, and director of Christopher Robin where announced, people have jumped ahead for some reason and fueled the fire themselves. Then, Skyler Schuller who is a reliable source (yet a little overconfindent sometimes) tweeted a hint relating to this issue which from what I said above and then the news site called revenge of the fans who started this news again said very reliable sources claimed the rumor to be true, I already figured what source he was talking about, it was Skyler Schuller, disinsider, and Daniel RPK (but mostly a source for DC movies) but nobody from the production said anything. That's how this all started last month. Also, this tweet user named Eva the Sidkick who had high predictions for pop culture, tweeted that Elsa won't be gay in frozen 2, however she said that there will be LGBT representation in the film, I understand this because the new movies that have sequels do for feature LGBT Characters but in a very subtle way. But however in other words, we finally know that Elsa will stay single and sexuality free and romance free. I'm telling you this because I wanted to share of what I researched for the past two weeks.

      Look I wasn't talking to you but please stop mentioning the rumor I've heard enough about it

        Loading editor

    • The Screenwriter Admin wrote:
      Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

      Why would you say that?

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:


      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:
      Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

      Why would you say that?

      Because she matches all the criteria and still isn’t an official Disney Princess

        Loading editor
    • The Screenwriter Admin wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:


      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:
      Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

      Why would you say that?
      Because she matches all the criteria and still isn’t an official Disney Princess

      Technically it is about how successful Moana's franchise is, same with Frozen. It has to do with it's sales on merchandise and products. Since Anna and Elsa are in the princess room in Ralph Breaks the Internet, I think it hints they'll join eventually so that means Disney is waiting for the Frozen sales to die down quickly after Frozen 2 comes out so that is why Moana is not yet an official Disney Princess. This was the same issue with Rapunzel and Merida, Disney can't just add characters right away after the film comes out, so it toke nearly a year for Rapunzel and Merida to join the lineup it all depends on the box office success, so if Frozen 2 is a box office sucess like the prequel was then Disney might was well forget about them and Moana will be added to the lineup soon. Hopefully, Frozen 2 will not be as successful because Anna and Elsa deserve to be part of the lineup like Moana does.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:

      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:


      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:
      Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

      Why would you say that?
      Because she matches all the criteria and still isn’t an official Disney Princess

      Technically it is about how successful Moana's franchise is, same with Frozen. It has to do with it's sales on merchandise and products. Since Anna and Elsa are in the princess room in Ralph Breaks the Internet, I think it hints they'll join eventually so that means Disney is waiting for the Frozen sales to die down quickly after Frozen 2 comes out so that is why Moana is not yet an official Disney Princess. This was the same issue with Rapunzel and Merida, Disney can't just add characters right away after the film comes out, so it toke nearly a year for Rapunzel and Merida to join the lineup it all depends on the box office success, so if Frozen 2 is a box office sucess like the prequel was then Disney might was well forget about them and Moana will be added to the lineup soon. Hopefully, Frozen 2 will not be as successful because Anna and Elsa deserve to be part of the lineup like Moana does.

      This just makes no sense.

        Loading editor
    • The Screenwriter Admin wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:

      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:

      21EvanED155508 wrote:



      The Screenwriter Admin wrote:
      Let’s check the criteria for becoming one.

      Must qualify out for all:

      1. Have a primary role in a Disney animated movie: Moana is the main heroine in her film 2. Be human: Yes. what else is there to say here? 3. Not be introduced in a sequel: Moana (film) is not a sequel 4. Have an animal sidekick (this isn’t official but is true due to close observations): Hei Hei and Pua

      Must qualify for at least one:

      1. Born Royal: Her father is the king of the tribe, Pocahontas proves that being the daughter of a chief still counts. 2. Marry Royal: She does not marry, however, this is not a problem as she has already fulfilled one criteria. 3. Commit an act of heroism: She saves the earth from a darkness cloud. Saving China is picking a flower compared to this(Take that Mulan!)

      And the last unspoken rule:

      Box office success: Moana grossed $643,331,111, becoming the 25th highest grossing animated film of all time.

      I would say Moana is getting pretty snubbed here.

      Why would you say that?
      Because she matches all the criteria and still isn’t an official Disney Princess
      Technically it is about how successful Moana's franchise is, same with Frozen. It has to do with it's sales on merchandise and products. Since Anna and Elsa are in the princess room in Ralph Breaks the Internet, I think it hints they'll join eventually so that means Disney is waiting for the Frozen sales to die down quickly after Frozen 2 comes out so that is why Moana is not yet an official Disney Princess. This was the same issue with Rapunzel and Merida, Disney can't just add characters right away after the film comes out, so it toke nearly a year for Rapunzel and Merida to join the lineup it all depends on the box office success, so if Frozen 2 is a box office sucess like the prequel was then Disney might was well forget about them and Moana will be added to the lineup soon. Hopefully, Frozen 2 will not be as successful because Anna and Elsa deserve to be part of the lineup like Moana does.

      This just makes no sense.

      I believe he means if sales stop selling well then they will have a chance to enter to the lineup.

        Loading editor
    • Ok so why would disney be so prejudice about Moana. Why would Moana not join the lineup because she's not a princess and daughter of the chief. Pocahontas is a daughter of a chief while Mulan isn't royalty, but why doesn't it mean Moana qualifies!? I think Disney is probably just snubbing CGI characters since they have a lot of forgotton hand drawn princesses and heroines.

        Loading editor
    • Moana was featured with the other princesses in this picture at Toy Fair:

      Princess Dolls Toy Fair
      She's also been heavity featured on the Princess Instagram page and in the new Ralph 2 pack with Snow White, she's called a Disney Princess instead of just 'Moana and Disney Princess'.


      It might mean that she's joining the Princess lineup this year!

        Loading editor
    • But there's still a chance that Anna and Elsa can join the lineup also if Frozen II Isn't going to be as successful as it's prequel. Like if it grosses around Moana 's box office success then it could cause sells to dye down in the Frozen Franchise

        Loading editor
    • Its Jami
      Its Jami removed this reply because:
      N/A
      18:56, March 14, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN That Mulan IS NOT A Princess either! She is included for 2 reasons:

      1. She saved China

      2. She is Asian, Disney Did not want to be accused of racism

        Loading editor
    • But anyways if Frozen II ties around Moana's box office record or less, Then that it means they will join along with Moana eventully, but the merchandise will still sell for a while before they get added.

      It just depends on how successful is franchise as of it's current point. Like that was the same for Rapunzel and Merida. Rapunzel joined the lineup on October 2011 and Merida joined on May 2013, so it depends on how well the marketing is, I think they are expecting the Frozen product sales to stop selling some point because I think that's a reason why Moana has not yet been added to the lineup, The box office success doesn't matter, except for they can't be added right away because they would effectivly outnumber sells of the other princesses so that's why they have cancelled their coronation to being official disney princesses.

      Since Anna and Elsa have been included with the princesses in Ralph Breaks the Internet, it shows how Disney views the lineup, Despite the fact they are not included, they still view them as princesses. Since they realize that the creators of Ralph Breaks the Internet regonize them as official members, which also is the reason why they've been included. The reasoning for that was also because it will help to raise sells for the Disney Princess products and merchandise, that can try help Anna, Elsa and Moana to be added to the lineup by after Frozen II is no longer in the theathers by outnumbering their sales above the Frozen franchise. Some of this is my prediction, so it remains unknown whether or not that may happen.

        Loading editor
    • Moana was featured in these two posts on the DP Instagram for International Woman's Day:

      https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwC8zwHJZC/

      https://www.instagram.com/p/Buw-uY-Hd_A/

      In the comments for the first post, people were saying that Moana is rumored to be official sometime in the fall. Hmmm...

      Edit: I found this DP Beginnings book with Moana! It's set to come out in July:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/589158/disney-princess-beginnings-moanas-big-leap-disney-princess-by-suzanne-francis-illustrated-by-rh-disney/9780736437943/

      I did some more digging and found this book:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/607830/disney-princess-the-essential-guide-new-edition-by-dk/

      The description says: "DK’s updated Disney Princess: The Essential Guide is the ultimate companion to Disney’s much-loved Princess movies, now featuring Merida from Brave and the latest princess to be officially inaugurated: Moana. Enter the magical worlds of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the lives, loyal friends, and fiercest enemies of your favorite Disney Princesses. With stunning artwork, readers will be transported to enchanted royal kingdoms with this irresistible book."

      She's official! (in the books at least)

        Loading editor
    • I really have a strong intuition that Moana will be included at some point! She's the only character right now that qualifies the most!

        Loading editor
    • I know, I haven't seem much Moana merch latley, so it means it's very likley she'll be added to the lineup eventully.

        Loading editor
    • Smileshy22 wrote:
      Moana was featured in these two posts on the DP Instagram for International Woman's Day:

      https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwC8zwHJZC/

      https://www.instagram.com/p/Buw-uY-Hd_A/

      In the comments for the first post, people were saying that Moana is rumored to be official sometime in the fall. Hmmm...

      Edit: I found this DP Beginnings book with Moana! It's set to come out in July:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/589158/disney-princess-beginnings-moanas-big-leap-disney-princess-by-suzanne-francis-illustrated-by-rh-disney/9780736437943/

      I did some more digging and found this book:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/607830/disney-princess-the-essential-guide-new-edition-by-dk/

      The description says: "DK’s updated Disney Princess: The Essential Guide is the ultimate companion to Disney’s much-loved Princess movies, now featuring Merida from Brave and the latest princess to be officially inaugurated: Moana. Enter the magical worlds of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the lives, loyal friends, and fiercest enemies of your favorite Disney Princesses. With stunning artwork, readers will be transported to enchanted royal kingdoms with this irresistible book."

      She's official! (in the books at least)

      Rumors point out she will be inaugurated in the Fall! Fall starts in September, and guess when that Disney Princess essential guide gets released: SEPTEMBER!



      MOANA MUST BE THE NEXT DISNEY PRINCESS

        Loading editor
    • I CANNOT WAIT!!!

        Loading editor
    • Neither can I, then after Moana we'll have the new latina princess.

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote:
      Smileshy22 wrote:
      Moana was featured in these two posts on the DP Instagram for International Woman's Day:

      https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwC8zwHJZC/

      https://www.instagram.com/p/Buw-uY-Hd_A/

      In the comments for the first post, people were saying that Moana is rumored to be official sometime in the fall. Hmmm...

      Edit: I found this DP Beginnings book with Moana! It's set to come out in July:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/589158/disney-princess-beginnings-moanas-big-leap-disney-princess-by-suzanne-francis-illustrated-by-rh-disney/9780736437943/

      I did some more digging and found this book:

      https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/607830/disney-princess-the-essential-guide-new-edition-by-dk/

      The description says: "DK’s updated Disney Princess: The Essential Guide is the ultimate companion to Disney’s much-loved Princess movies, now featuring Merida from Brave and the latest princess to be officially inaugurated: Moana. Enter the magical worlds of Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the lives, loyal friends, and fiercest enemies of your favorite Disney Princesses. With stunning artwork, readers will be transported to enchanted royal kingdoms with this irresistible book."

      She's official! (in the books at least)

      Rumors point out she will be inaugurated in the Fall! Fall starts in September, and guess when that Disney Princess essential guide gets released: SEPTEMBER!



      MOANA MUST BE THE NEXT DISNEY PRINCESS

      There's also the DP Beginnings book, which comes out on July 12th. I wonder if she'll be inaugurated shorty before then.

        Loading editor
    • Where did you hear that? =)

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      Where did you hear that? =)

      From this page on the Random House site: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/589158/disney-princess-beginnings-moanas-big-leap-disney-princess-by-suzanne-francis-illustrated-by-rh-disney/

      It's also on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-Beginnings-Moanas-Stepping/dp/0736437940

      The date changed to the 16th, but it's still July. I'm guessing she'll be in the lineup by then since it would be a little weird if she was in an official DP series before she's an official Princess.

        Loading editor
    • OH I actully scene that, Can't wait to see more renders of her that match the other princesses.

        Loading editor
    • She's being included in the content of the Disney Princess pages on Facebook, Instagram, even Youtube! And she's being included in toys and books? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT WE'RE NOT SEEING HERE????

        Loading editor
    • That they have not confirmed her official yet

        Loading editor
    • According to User:DisneyMagician, Moana is actully a Disney Princess, but since it toke her more than one year for her to join the lineup, she won't likley not have a public coronation. They decided to just put her on merch.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      According to User:DisneyMagician, Moana is actully a Disney Princess, but since it toke her more than one year for her to join the lineup, she won't likley not have a public coronation. They decided to just put her on merch.

      WHERE WHERE WHERE OMG

        Loading editor
    • SO WHEN WILL SHE BE CONFIRMED AS PART OF THE GROUP?

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote:
      SO WHEN WILL SHE BE CONFIRMED AS PART OF THE GROUP?

      Most likely between July-September and I don't know why Disney added her without confirming us

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      Miggyspiderman wrote:
      SO WHEN WILL SHE BE CONFIRMED AS PART OF THE GROUP?
      Most likely between July-September and I don't know why Disney added her without confirming us

      Most likely because they were deciding whether she's good on her own or she needed the group to support herself. Turns out the latter was the better option

        Loading editor
    • Yes but my problem is that most people on here including Alex don't believe that is happening and deleted all of the official information about Moana thinking it's fake.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      Yes but my problem is that most people on here including Alex don't believe that is happening and deleted all of the official information about Moana thinking it's fake.

      In fact, I think they want to see it confirmed maybe that's why

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • So Moana is now the twelveth princess in the franchise.

        Loading editor
    • now all we need is the park coronation!

        Loading editor
    • Dang. Moana's already been added, but still no hint of Vanellope, Anna, Elsa or literally any other Princess/Queen? Oh well, at least Moana gained her rightful crown.

        Loading editor
    • Princesses only get coronations whenever they are confirmed to be now part of the royal court.

        Loading editor
    • She hasn't been added yet. The book comes out in September and 'Moana's Big Leap' comes out in July. A cornoration could happen in between now and then.

        Loading editor
    • ok

        Loading editor
    • Smileshy22 wrote:
      She hasn't been added yet. The book comes out in September and 'Moana's Big Leap' comes out in July. A cornoration could happen in between now and then.

      That makes sense.

        Loading editor
    • THERE SHOULD BE HUHUHU DISNEY SHOULD COME THRU WITH THIS CORONATION. I DON'T WANT HER TO END UP LIKE JANE PORTER, GISELLE OR ESMERALDA. SHE IS QUALIFIED TO BE THE NEXT DISNEY PRINCESS. SHE HAS THE NUMBERS TO BACK HER UP ALONG WITH HER CHARACTER AND STRONG SENSE OF FEMINISM.

        Loading editor
    • Settle down, don't worry she could join the lineup by July since the "Moana's Big Leap." comes out on the 2nd.

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman yeah, you shouldn't use caps, please be careful they're going to think your mad. 

        Loading editor
    • GUESS WHAT, MOANA IS NOW ON THE DISNEY PRINCESS WEBSITE!!!

      Moana is a Princess
        Loading editor
    • Yay! She's one step closer to being confirmed! :D

      Here's her page: https://princess.disney.com/moana

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote:
      GUESS WHAT, MOANA IS NOW ON THE DISNEY PRINCESS WEBSITE!!!
      Moana is a Princess

      WELL LOOK WHO'S DOING ALL CAPS NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

        Loading editor
    • Well that was because he had excitement on the other hand you were all worried that she wouldn't be a part of it.

        Loading editor
    • Impala2016Susan wrote:
      Well that was because he had excitement on the other hand you were all worried that she wouldn't be a part of it.

      CAN WE JUST FOCUS ON THE BIGGER PICTURE AND JUST CELEBRATE AT LEAST?

        Loading editor
    • I meant to say *you were all worried, not warned, sorry for my spelling!

        Loading editor
    • Alright enough and let's celebrate Moana's coronation on here since there's no live coronation happening.

        Loading editor
    • lol

        Loading editor
    • All that's left is to wait for the actual renders of Moana as a Disney Princess, as well as group photos with her....

        Loading editor
    • I wonder when they will release Moana's merchandise as part of the Disney Princess franchise .

      Also her movie isn't included with the other princess movies in Disney princess official website.

      And in Disney princess official Facebook page they didn't mentioned her name with the other princesses , though she is appearing in many social media posts and videos with them .

        Loading editor
    • There is upcoming merchandise about to be relased

      1. Moana's Big Leap

      2. Disney Princess; The Essential Guide

        Loading editor
    • Yes and also there are books include her like ( Disney princess 5 minute stories ) , ( Disney princess quizzez) and ( Disney princess learn how to draw favorite princesses) .

      But I want " Moooore" in Ariel's voice. 😂

        Loading editor
    • Abdullah Alt234 wrote:
      I wonder when they will release Moana's merchandise as part of the Disney Princess franchise .

      Also her movie isn't included with the other princess movies in Disney princess official website.

      And in Disney princess official Facebook page they didn't mentioned her name with the other princesses , though she is appearing in many social media posts and videos with them .

      They are probably still fixing her spot for the franchise. But she is eventually joining soon!

        Loading editor
    • I have an instinct that in the next few months, her brand as a Disney princess will be fully established.

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote: I have an instinct that in the next few months, her brand as a Disney princess will be fully established.


      I'm so excited to see her 100% with the Disney Princesses and I'm so glad because she is now the 12th Princess.

        Loading editor
    • I also believe that the establishment of her brand will begin in the Disney Princess Essential Guide Book, hence with the description: 

      "Get to know the Disney Princesses as you relive special moments from your favorite films.

      DK’s updated Disney Princess: The Essential Guide is the ultimate companion to Disney’s much-loved Princess movies, now featuring Merida from Brave and the latest princess to be officially inaugurated: Moana."

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote: I also believe that the establishment of her brand will begin in the Disney Princess Essential Guide Book, hence with the description: 

      "Get to know the Disney Princesses as you relive special moments from your favorite films.

      DK’s updated Disney Princess: The Essential Guide is the ultimate companion to Disney’s much-loved Princess movies, now featuring Merida from Brave and the latest princess to be officially inaugurated: Moana."

      That's mean they will announce her officially when the book came out .

        Loading editor
    • Moana's first photo with the princesses! Found in the Official Disney Princess Youtube Channel!
      Moana and the Disney Princesses
        Loading editor
    • I made a image similar to this LOL!
      12DisneyPrincessesWallpaper
        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote:

      Moana's first photo with the princesses! Found in the Official Disney Princess Youtube Channel!
      Moana and the Disney Princesses

      Great. I can't wait to see her again with all the other Disney princesses .

      Because Moana makes the Disney princess franchise special.

        Loading editor
    • Abdullah Alt234 wrote:

      Miggyspiderman wrote:

      Moana's first photo with the princesses! Found in the Official Disney Princess Youtube Channel!
      Moana and the Disney Princesses

      Great. I can't wait to see her again with all the other Disney princesses .

      Because Moana makes the Disney princess franchise special.

      Exciting! :D I wonder if she'll reappear in the same style as the others (minus Tiana for some reason).

        Loading editor
    • Smileshy22 wrote:

      Abdullah Alt234 wrote:

      Miggyspiderman wrote:

      Moana's first photo with the princesses! Found in the Official Disney Princess Youtube Channel!
      Moana and the Disney Princesses

      Great. I can't wait to see her again with all the other Disney princesses .

      Because Moana makes the Disney princess franchise special.

      Exciting! :D I wonder if she'll reappear in the same style as the others (minus Tiana for some reason).


      Why Moana didn't get any redesign like the other princesses ???

      And when they will announce her as an official princess in Disney princess social media official pages ? ( though her profile Icon as the 12th official Princess is available in Disney princess official website)

        Loading editor
    • Abdullah Alt234 wrote:

      Smileshy22 wrote:

      Abdullah Alt234 wrote:

      Miggyspiderman wrote:

      Moana's first photo with the princesses! Found in the Official Disney Princess Youtube Channel!
      Moana and the Disney Princesses
      Great. I can't wait to see her again with all the other Disney princesses .

      Because Moana makes the Disney princess franchise special.

      Exciting! :D I wonder if she'll reappear in the same style as the others (minus Tiana for some reason).

      Why Moana didn't get any redesign like the other princesses ???

      And when they will announce her as an official princess in Disney princess social media official pages ? ( though her profile Icon as the 12th official Princess is available in Disney princess official website)

      They don't give the new princesses redesigns. And considering the backlash that Merida got, it's safe to say that Moana shouldn't get the same treatment.

        Loading editor
    • Well they can still redesign her, but they still need to be careful not to sexualize her.

        Loading editor
    • 21EvanED155508 wrote: Well they can still redesign her, but they still need to be careful not to sexualize her.

      Yes you are right not like Merida.

      But do you think that Disney will announce her as an official princess in their social media pages next month ???

      I know she an official princess but there are alot of people didn't know that she is an official Disney Princess now .

        Loading editor
    • They might announce her as a new princess along with the release of the Essential Guide book

        Loading editor
    • Miggyspiderman wrote:
      They might announce her as a new princess along with the release of the Essential Guide book

      Moana's Big Leap has been pushed back from July 10th to August 13th, which is a lot closer to the release of the Essential Guide (its release date is still September 10th), so you might be right. :)

        Loading editor
    • Oh that's a shame, but at least it is closer to the essential guide date =)

        Loading editor
    • I predict that Disney will announce Moana as a Disney Princess via social media through the announcement of the release of the Essential guide...

        Loading editor
    • I agree

        Loading editor
    • maybe, AND MAYBE AFTER THAT they'll have a coronation in the parks.

        Loading editor
    • Why is Elsa and Anna not part of the Disney Princess line up if they were in the Princess Room at RBTI?? Newbie Question Hihihi.

        Loading editor
    • StarButterflyIsADisneyPrincess wrote:
      Why is Elsa and Anna not part of the Disney Princess line up if they were in the Princess Room at RBTI?? Newbie Question Hihihi.

      One of the rules of being a Disney Princess is box-office success. Frozen made over a million dollars, so Disney decided to have Anna and Elsa in their own seperate franchise since it would make more money. Moana did good on her own for a while, but her movie's merchandise has stopped selling like it used to, which is why she's moving to Disney Princess. :).

        Loading editor
    • toy fair confirmed shes joining he official line up this fall

        Loading editor
    • Then why did they join the sleepover RBTI?

        Loading editor
    • StarButterflyIsADisneyPrincess wrote:
      Then why did they join the sleepover RBTI?

      Anna and Elsa joined the princesses in RBTI because they have the strongest association with the group, and the two of them are equally as successful as the other 12 princesses, despite not being official members.

        Loading editor
    • Bonestudios15 wrote: toy fair confirmed shes joining he official line up this fall

      Really!!😍 I hope so 💙

        Loading editor
    • StarButterflyIsADisneyPrincess wrote: Then why did they join the sleepover RBTI?

      Anna and Elsa are included as the dearest friends of the Disney Princesses and also they are occassionally members of the DP line up because they have all official princess standard.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.