"Tiff of the Titans" is the thirty-fourth episode of Darkwing Duck.
Fenton Crackshell, alias the crime-fighting Gizmoduck, heads to St. Canard in pursuit of Steelbeak. The F.O.W.L. agent soon finds out and frames Darkwing so Gizmoduck will think he's evil. The two fight it out, while Steelbeak tries to steal a new, top-secret weapon.
- Hamilton Camp - Gizmoduck/Fenton Crackshell
- Christine Cavanaugh - Gosalyn
- Jim Cummings - Darkwing Duck/Drake Mallard, Army General
- Danny Mann - Eggman, TV Announcer
- Terry McGovern - Launchpad
- Rob Paulsen - Steelbeak, Pelican
- Maggie Roswell - Guard, News Reporter, Juniper
- Chronologically, this episode marks Gizmoduck's first appearance on Darkwing Duck. However, due to the anachronistic airing order, it ended up airing as Gizmoduck's second appearance on the show (the first being "Just Us Justice Ducks").
- The episode features a cameo of Scrooge McDuck on a sign saying "Welcome to Duckburg" as Fenton gets out of his Gizmoduck suit behind the sign. He is also indirectly mentioned by Launchpad, who says "Fenton and I used to work for the same guy."
- Darkwing telling Gizmoduck that "they shoot the dog in the last act [of the movie playing at the theater when they crash through the roof]" is likely a reference to Old Yeller.
- This was one of four Darkwing Duck episodes that was banned after its initial airings (the other three being "Aduckyphobia", "Bearskin Thug", and "Hot Spells"). Oddly enough, clips from this episode were used in Toon Disney's promos for the show in 2002-04.
- At the end of this episode, Steelbeak is seen for a moment standing in the back of the police truck with his hands behind his back as if he was handcuffed. Yet, when the vehicle drives off, he puts his hands around the window bars.
Home video releases
- Darkwing Duck: Birth of Negaduck!