Timothy James "Tim" Curry is an English actor, voice actor, comedian, and singer who is best known for his work in a diverse range of theatre, film, and television productions, often portraying villainous characters. He is most famous for his portrayal of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the 1975 horror comedy film The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He is also well-known for voicing Nigel Thornberry in Nickelodeon's The Wild Thornberrys, Hexxus in FernGully: The Last Rainforest, and Drake in the MGM animated film The Pebble and the Penguin.
- Dr. Thornton Poole in Oscar (1991)
- Pennywise the Dancing Clown in It miniseries (1991)
- Boyd Pinter in Passed Away (1992)
- Cardinal Richelieu in Disney's The Three Musketeers (1993)
- Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
- Thaddeus E. Klang in TaleSpin
- Taurus Bulba in Darkwing Duck (1991)
- Evil Manta in The Little Mermaid
- Chief Elder, Winston, The Devil, Jean-Claude, and others in Dinosaurs (1992-1994)
- S.I.R. – ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (Magic Kingdom Attraction) (1995-2003)
- Anton Sevarius in Gargoyles (1994)
- Lord Dragaunus in the The Mighty Ducks TV series (1996)
- Moltoc in Quack Pack (1996)
- Caliph Kapok, Amuk Moonrah, and Kileem in the Aladdin TV series (1996)
- Forté in Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- Laser Pirate and the Phony Dentist in Teamo Supremo
- Spooky the cat in Teacher's Pet (2001)
- Percival in The Proud Family (2003)
- Cat King in The Cat Returns (2003)
- Von Talon in Valiant (2005)
- Stubbings, Dr. Lloyd Wexler, and Worthington Dubois in Phineas and Ferb
- The Sorcerer in Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (season 1)
- Palpatine in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2013-2014)
- The Sailor in Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey
- Curry auditioned for the part of Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but the producers found him too frightening and terrifying.
- He was also once considered for the role of Jafar in Aladdin.
- Curry was once originally considered along James Caan, Ray Liotta, Robert Duvall, and Malcolm McDowell to voice Scar in The Lion King. It was later planned to have Curry voicing a rock python character who was to serve as Scar's minion. However, in the end, Jeremy Irons was cast instead and the python character was deleted, with the hyenas serving as Scar's minions.
- Tim was considered for the role of Dr. Claw in Inspector Gadget, but Rupert Everett was chosen to play the role instead.
- Tim Curry was originally going to voice King Nedakh in Atlantis: The Lost Empire before he was voiced by Leonard Nimoy instead.
- In 2012, Tim Curry suffered a major stroke. As a result, he is now in a wheelchair and has limited speech.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.