Prior to the movie, the prospect of a possible fifth child had been dreaded by the family even before Charlie was born. From that point, it had seemed there were extra measures of birth control taken to prevent a fifth child from happening, with various jokes littered about it throughout the series up to the point of the episode.
- His gender was first revealed in the "Welcome Home" promo that first aired during the episode "Special Delivery" when he was seen being held by his grandmother, Linda Duncan. You can tell because he had a blue receiving blanket.
- He was born in an ice cream truck after Bob crashed their new car into the kitchen wall and Teddy's ran out of gas.
- He shares his birthday with his older sister, Charlie.
- His name was picked by his older brother, Gabe.
- His middle name is "Wan Kenobi" after the Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi. They chose the name because Bob likes the Star Wars films and Toby Wan Kanobi comes from the name Obi Wan Kanobi. This was also confirmed by the Disney Channel in a press release.
- With him being a boy, it appears there is a baby gender pattern. PJ is a boy, first born, Teddy is a girl, second born, Gabe is a boy, third born, Charlie is a girl, fourth born, and Toby is a boy, fifth born. The pattern is Boy/Girl/Boy/Girl/Boy.
- He was 8 days overdue.
- He was created at Leigh-Allyn Baker's request. Reason being, she got pregnant.
- He was seen as a present to his older sister, Charlie, but in the episode "Baby's First Vacation", she didn't want him to come on the family vacation. When Amy told her he was coming along she said, "Aw, nuts!" and when they arrived she asked, "Why is Toby here?"
- He shares a "T" name with his older sister, Teddy, both also ending in "Y".
- He's the only Duncan child to not be delivered by Dr. Singh and interestingly said Amy would never have a baby if it does not receive. Also interesting to note, Charlie, Toby, and Dr. Singh's son share the same birthday, as Dr. Singh wasn't going to work on the day Charlie was born because it was his son's birthday.
- Amy said he was 6 weeks (1 month and 1/2) old in the episode "Baby Steps".
- There have been rumors that when he becomes a little older he might have brown/black hair like Gabe. In the episode "Futuredrama" he is shown with brown hair.
- He was born on June 24, 2012.