"Tokyo Go" is the fifth episode of Mickey Mouse. It aired on July 12, 2013.
To be added...
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Fred Tatasciore - Sumo Wrestler
- Hira Ambrosino - Train Station Announcer
- Episodes with dialogue spoken entirely in a foreign language:
- 1.) Croissant de Triomphe = French.
- 2.) Tokyo Go = Japanese.
- 3.) Panda-monium = Mandarin Chinese.
- 4.) O Sole Minnie = Italian.
- 5.) O Futebol Clássico = Portuguese.
- 6.) Mumbai Madness = Hindi.
- 7.) Clogged = Dutch.
- 8.) Al Rojo Vivo = Spanish.
- 9.) ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! = Spanish.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Spanish, it takes place in Mexico rather than Spain.
- 10.) Dancevidaniya = Russian.
- 11.) Turkish Delights = Turkish.
- 12.) Locked in Love = Korean.
- 13.) Carnaval = Portuguese.
- This is the second short to be spoken in Portuguese as well as the second short to take place in Brazil. Also, both shorts take place in Rio de Janeiro.
- 14.) Year of the Dog = Chinese.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Chinese as well as the second short take place in China, this short takes place in Shanghai rather than Beijing.
- When Mickey goes through a tunnel on top of the train, the scene briefly changes to that of a video game. This is a possible cultural reference to Akihabara, a section of Tokyo which is a hot spot for gamers. It is also a reference to Yo Gabba Gabba!
- Super Mario Bros. sound effects are used during this sequence.
- Also after he escapes, he jumps off the train and ducks from Duck Hunt are visible.
- Near the end of the episode, a picture of Walt Disney in the cab of the Ernest S. Marsh on the Disneyland Railroad can be seen at the kiddie-train station.
- During the video game scene, you can hear part of the Casey Jr. theme song from Dumbo.
- When the blue bullet train rockets down the track as Mickey watches it from the red train, it makes the same sound as the TIE Fighters from Star Wars.
- In addition the train horns were taken from a YouTube video in which a guy connected Disneyland monorail air horns to his car. The sound can be heard in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeSnvYTUXCU at about 0:25.
Place in the World
- Tokyo, Japan
- Rail Runner - Computer game based off this episode