- Spoilers start here.
- Spoilers end here.
Synopsis attached to casting sheets:
A teenage girl, a genius middle-aged man (who was kicked out of Tomorrowland) and a pre-pubescent girl robot attempt to get to and unravel what happened to Tomorrowland, which exists in an alternative dimension, in order to save Earth.
- George Clooney as Frank Walker: A middle-aged man who encountered the promise of Tomorrowland before being kicked out by Nix as a young man. He is the deuteragonist of the film.
- Hugh Laurie as David Nix: A man who values technical accomplishment over creative thinking. Nix is the main antagonist of the film.
- Britt Robertson as Casey Newton: the film's protagonist and heroine.
- Raffey Cassidy as Athena: Frank's love interest as a young man, who was actually a robot.
- Thomas Robinson as a character who is described by insiders as "pivotal".
- Kathryn Hahn as Ursula, a funny, scene-stealing role.
- Judy Greer is in negotiations to star in the film.
- Tim McGraw is also set to appear in the film.
The Walt Disney Studios has announced that its live-action release previously known as 1952 will be titled Tomorrowland. The film will be released domestically on December 19, 2014. George Clooney (ER, Ocean's Trilogy, Syriana, The Descendants) is set to star. It was also reported in February 2013 that Hugh Laurie (House) will star as the primary villain for the film. Principal photography began in Vancouver, BC on August 26th, 2013.
Tomorrowland is written by Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird from a concept by Lindelof and Jeff Jensen. Lindelof (Star Trek, Lost, Prometheus) will produce, and Bird (The Incredibles, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) will produce and direct.
Beginning in July of 2013, Walt Disney Imagineering and the Walt Disney Studios partnered to launch The Optimist, which acted as a promotional alternate reality game which set up several key plot points which will be unveiled in Tomorrowland.
New York Comic Con
- The Time Travel pin is a reference to Disneyland trading pins found throughout the Disney parks. The Optimist, which acted as a promotional tie-in to the upcoming film. The Optimist was an alternate-reality game, and starred fictional character Amelia and her attempts to discover more about her late grandfather and his work with the Disney company. The game tied in several key plot points which will be unveiled in Tomorrowland.
- At the end of The Optimist, each player received a special pin, as seen in the Tomorrowland trailer.
- In the UK, the film will be renamed "Disney Tomorrowland: A World Beyond".
- Much like Disney's Meet the Robinsons, Space Mountain appears as part of Tomorrowland's skyline. People have also spotted nods to Epcot's Horizons and the Magic Highway, U.S.A. episode of the Disneyland show.
- Jetpacks were demonstrated at Disneyland's Tomorrowland during the 1950s and early '60s.
- According to Damon Lindelof, the White Rabbit and the Big Bad Wolf will make cameos in the film.
- ↑ The Optimist Recap on Micechat.com
- ↑ Disney Tomorrowland: A World Beyond
- ↑ http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-watch-disneys-tomorrowland-trailer-qa-recap-74559/