Toostie is the pet Triceratops of Bubba the Cave Duck in DuckTales. She is a baby dinosaur that behaves much like a puppy and a pony. She first appears in the episode "Marking Time" (part one of "Time is Money"). There, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Huey, Dewey, and Louie travel back in time and find her and Bubba.
Tootsie made her debut in the five-part DuckTales episode, "Time is Money", when the heroes accidentally go too far back in time. She and Bubba sneak onto the time machine and travel to the present day with Scrooge, Launchpad, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. After that, she made recurring appearances in the series.
Tootsie appears in the 2017 reboot episode "Timephoon!" of the second season. Instead of being Bubba's pet, Tootsie comes from before Bubba's time, though he does ride her as a reference to their past relationship. This incarnation is also more savage than her original counterpart. When Louie uses Gyro's Time Tub to steal treasures from the past, the result is that multiple beings from the past are brought forth into the present in a time storm, Tootsie being one of them. She attacks both past and present characters during the storm, though Bubba is able to hold her at bay. She returns to her time period after Louie uses the Time Tub to send the beings of the past back.
Tootsie appeared in a few DuckTales comics, often just in cameos.
- In the original series, Bubba names her after Launchpad's foot, which he calls his "tootsie",
- In the reboot, it is Huey who names her.
- She bears a striking resemblance to Cera (also a Triceratops) from Land Before Time, except Tootsie has orange skin, whereas Cera has golden yellow skin.
- Even odder, she debuted just a week after Cera did.
- However Cera is more gold and has only one horn and Tootsie has three which is more accurate.