"Tour de Ferb" is an episode of Phineas and Ferb.
Baljeet confesses that he is a descendant from a long line of bicycle race losers, so Phineas and Ferb enlist the help of cyclist Greg LeMond to help Baljeet compete in a bicycle race. Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz uses his Pop-up-inator to annoy everyone in the Tri-State Area to make millions.
Phineas and Ferb are racing toy bikes on the ceiling in their room when Buford and Baljeet walk in. Phineas offers to let them try but Baljeet explains that he doesn't enjoy bicycle races due to the fact that he comes from a "long line of bicycle race losers" who were constantly being attacked by tigers during each race. Phineas tells him that tigers are rare in Danville because of a tiger excluder installed on City Hall.
Meanwhile, Linda gives Candace a box she received in the mail. Candace opens it excitedly to reveal her new sport edition camcorder (for busting on the go). Linda leaves for a baby shower and Candace asks where Perry is.
In the backyard, Phineas is presenting the official Tour de Ferb bike route. He also mentions that the bikes are made to be able to endure any unusual terrain and that the Fireside Girls were enlisted by Isabella to help make the course and guide and assist them along the way. Phineas, Ferb, Buford and Isabella eagerly head towards the starting line, but Baljeet is hesitant. Phineas then explains that Baljeet has something that his ancestors didn't have: Greg LeMond. Greg LeMond appears from behind the fence and attempts to give Baljeet a motivational pep-talk.
The race begins. As the gang is biking, Candace finds the Tour de Ferb map. She takes it and gears up to follow the boys and their friends on her own bike with her new camcorder to record them. Perry rides into Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. on his scooter but his kick stand activates a trap and old computer cables fall from the ceiling, tangling him up so he is unable to escape.
The gang bikes through a lake (Buford: "big, round, wet thing"), but Baljeet runs into a stray stump. Greg LeMond emerges from the water and tries again to inspire Baljeet with a speech focusing on how he should never give up (However Baljeet has no intention of doing so) and tells him a story about how he was once mistaken for a turkey, but he didn't let the obstacle sway him. Baljeet has no idea how to respond and simply continues on with the race.
Concurrently, Doofenshmirtz explains to Perry his scheme: with his Pop-up-inator he will use pop-up ads to serve his own evil purposes. He came up with a large quantity of products and services that he could advertise with pop-up ads that never close. The idea came to him when a pop-up ad hindered his bidding on a Super-multi-inator. The gang advances through the route, and Candace is able to record it all.
While Doofenshmirtz is working on the computer, Perry finds the stray wire that, if pulled, could unravel the whole mess of computer cables. Doofenshmirtz tries to attack him but ends up accidentally hitting the Pop-up-inator, making it go haywire. He then runs after Perry, who is successfully avoiding the other kick-stand traps Doofenshmirtz planted. Unfortunately for Doofenshmirtz, he was unable to divert from the traps as Perry had, getting himself caught in more wires.
Back at the Flynn-Fletcher house, Candace meets her mom in the bathroom. Linda had just been showering because there was a "morning sickness incident" at the baby shower. Candace attempts to show her the video on her camcorder, but Doofenshmirtz's Pop-up-inator shoots at the screen, preventing Linda from seeing the recording. Frantically, Candace grabs her mom to bring her to the last obstacle on her bike. Linda, only wrapped in a bath towel, is luckily wearing a bike helmet.
Baljeet, Buford, Phineas, Ferb and Isabella are all about to jump the Danville chasm to get to the finish line. Candace leads her mom to the chasm so that she can see the boys attempting the dangerous jump but, due to the Pop-up-inator, a billboard obstructs their view. Perry destroys the Pop-up-inator.
Baljeet is almost to the finish line when Greg LeMond flies by him. Surprised, Baljeet says "I thought you were supposed to be motivating me". LeMond cheerfully replies, "It worked so well that I even motivated myself". Almost immediately, however, he is attacked by a tiger and Baljeet is able to bike to victory.
- Vincent Martella as Phineas
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb
- Caroline Rhea as Mom
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford
- Cymphonique Miller as Holly
- Greg LeMond as Himself
- Rubber Bands, Rubber Balls (Instrumental)
- Go, Go, Phineas (Instrumental)
- Bust is in the Bag
- Tour de Ferb
- In the promo, Doofenshmirtz is seen on his computer, growing a beard, despite saying in "Crack That Whip" that he can't grow facial hair.
- Candace's boots are red rather than pink when she passes Greg LeMond in the pond.
- Also, when Candace passes Greg LeMond, the camcorder on her helmet is missing.
- When the finish line with the cheering Fireside Girls came in sight, Adyson's hair was shown in a brighter color than usual.
- Doofenshmirtz says that he did product modeling in the 80's to finance his first Inator. However, according to "Unfair Science Fair", he made his first Inator as a child.
- While Candace puts on her bike gloves, her eyelashes disappear.
- In the last frame of the finish line scene, the word is backwards and the new Fireside Girl is missing.
- When Candace gets Mom to the bicycle Candace has her camera, though she threw it in the sink. In the next scene she doesn't have it.
- When Baljeet was riding his bike down the stairs, when he was "ah-ah-ah-ah-ah"ing, his mouth didn't move.
- When Candace puts Linda in the bicycle basket, Linda takes the towel off her head revealing a bike helmet. When Linda gets out of the basket, she is shown with the towel back on her head. At the same time, Candace is no longer wearing her bike equipment.
- When Candace is about to show mom what the boys are doing, they are high in the air; but a few scenes later, they're still riding down the hill.
- During the end credits, the whole time Isabella is heard laughing, but her mouth isn't moving a bit.
- Candace is wearing her safety gear when riding Linda to the last obstacle but when she is carrying Linda through the woods her safety gear is gone.
- It is sunset when Baljeet sees the finish line, but when we see Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. later on it is still daytime. Then, when Baljeet wins, it is sunset again.
- When Candace is in the boat, she is seen wearing her trademark shoes instead of the boots she wore for the episode.
- When Candace goes "Noooo!" her mouth moves as if she were saying something else.
- Baljeet says that he realizes Greg LeMond is speaking "hyperbolically". It's quite possibly he meant "hypothetically".
- September 30, 2011 (Family Channel)
- October 17, 2011 (Disney XD UK)
- November 7, 2011 (Disney XD Germany)
- November 15, 2011 (Disney Channel Brazil and Latin America)
- November 19, 2011 (Disney XD Canada)
- December 14, 2011 (Disney Channel Scandinavia)
- January 10, 2012 (Disney Channel Israel)
- February 12, 2012 (Disney Channel Asia)
- February 12, 2012 (Disney XD Netherlands)
- February 26, 2012 (Disney XD Poland)
- March 31, 2012 (Disney XD Spain)
- April 12, 2012 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- The motivational story that Greg LeMond tells Baljeet about the hunting accident actually occurred.
- This episode shows the logo of the Tri-State Area for the first time in a regular episode, after its revealed in the movie Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension.
- Baljeet mentions not being able to put his foot behind his head, something Django Brown claims to be able to do in "Jerk De Soleil".
- When one of Dr. Doffenshmirtz's commercials pops up on Major Monogram's screen it sound like he is saying a swear.
- The title of the episode is related to the Tour de France bike race that takes place during the summer.
- When the kids ride their bikes over the chasm, for a split second, it references the bike flying scene from E.T.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|