It was seen attacking an Archaeopteryx. While many viewers assume it was an Ornitholestes, the scripts confirm that it's a Troodon. Also in the film, Troodon is depicted as having a domed head and a pair of horns, since at that time it was assumed to be a Pachycephalosaur.
- Troodon was most closely related to dromaeosaurs like Velociraptor and is a member of the Troodontidae.
- Troodon had the largest brain proportionate to body size of any dinosaur.
- Like Velociraptor, Troodon had killing claws on its feet for dispatching and restraining prey.
- In real life, Troodon was covered in feathers.
- In a 2017 review of Troodontidae, it was revealed that Troodon formosus was the type species. Whether or not it's based on a tooth is dubious. Most specimens have been transferred to other genera.