Mickey captains a tugboat with Donald and Goofy as the crew. As Mickey is sealing the mast and dealing with an intoxicated pelican, he receives a distress signal of a sinking ship, the Good Ship Gigantic (a parody of the RMS Titanic). Mickey calls the crew and has them fire up the engine. As Donald struggles with the connecting rod of one of the pistons, Goofy accidentally overloads the furnace of the ship's steam engine, causing a catastrophic explosion. As Mickey and his crew are floating in the water amid the remains of the tugboat, they discover that the distress signal they heard was only part of a radio drama, so in frustration they drown the radio, which literally splutters, coughs and sinks to the bottom.
- The Mouse Factory, episode #2.16: "Tugboats"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #52
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #56
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #34
- Have a Laugh!, episode #34
- Treasures from the Disney Vault, September 8, 2016
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Mickey's Crazy Careers (VHS)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Volume Two (DVD)
- Walt Disney's Funny Factory, Vol. 1: With Mickey (DVD)
- Celebrating Mickey (Blu-ray)
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- The scene of the pelican eating Mickey's brush and then drinking the sealing, which makes it intoxicated.
- Goofy and Donald's respective scenes, the former trying to load the furnace with coal and the latter struggling with the pistons; when Goofy notices the steam is low, it cuts to Mickey calling out to Goofy for more steam.
- Goofy being thrown into the furnace with the coal and striking a match for light, which explodes, blasting him back out of the furnace.
- Donald getting caught on the connecting rod of the piston as it starts spinning really fast.
- The radio sinking into the water at the very end.