It's James and Amber's birthday, and since they are twins, it's a Double Birthday for them. Sofia wishes Amber a Happy Birthday and escorts her to the dining room where she has prepared some goldenberry pancakes with cinnamon whipped cream for the twins only to find that James has eaten them all, much to Amber's annoyance. She admits to Sofia that she is not happy sharing her Birthday with her brother like she used to be and wishes she could have a Birthday all to herself. Suddenly, thanks to a stray comment from Sofia, she comes up with an idea on how to get what she wants and leaves the table without finishing her pancakes. Meanwhile, Cedric is preparing his magic show for the twins' birthday party which he doesn't want to do. Just then, Amber comes in and asks him to cast a spell that will give James a different birthday and in return Cedric will never have to do another birthday magic show again. They find the spell for the job, but the spell goes wrong thanks to Cedric's allergies to pollen: Instead of making James two months younger than Amber, Cedric accidentally turns him into a two month old baby. Cedric and Amber both know if they don't change him back, they will be in serious trouble. Just when Cedric is about to find the counter spell, his spell book is knocked out of his hands by James and his dog, Rex, steals it to hide. While Sofia sends Clover to help Cedric find Rex and the spell book, Amber decides to make do with a birthday all to herself but Sofia insists that they keep an eye on James until Cedric can change him back.
In the castle, James is having a lot of fun messing around and nearly breaking things. While Sofia tries to keep him under control, Amber is more busy picking games for “her” birthday party. James even finds his old favorite toy: a kazoo that he used to blow in Amber's face many times which made her hide it away from him. Sadly, he breaks it and starts to cry but Amber manages to calm him down. After he calms down, James starts to run off around the castle with Amber and Sofia in pursuit. They soon catch him and then go to the kitchen to pick the birthday cake. Amber, as always, wants strawberry cake but James, as always, wants chocolate cake and begins to stuff his face, getting all messy with chocolate. Amber laughs, remembering how James has kept up the habit of messy eating.
Meanwhile, Cedric tries using a crystal ball to find his spell book. Clover, Mia, and Robin try to trick Rex into digging up the spell book but he turns out not to be an easy dog to fool and runs off back to the castle to get a snack. For the moment it all seems hopeless but luckily Robin comes up with a plan. They give Rex a bone and when he does he'll go off and bury it leading them to where he buried the book. Amber and Sofia are trying to clean up James but it soon turns into a playful water fight between the twins. Rex takes the bait and goes off to bury the bone where he buried the spell book. Clover, Mia, and Robin follow him and manage to get it back for Cedric who takes the credit for himself.
Sofia and Amber take James to Amber's room where they find a present on her bed, from James. It turns out to be a golden locket with a picture of Amber and James inside. Cedric soon shows up with the spell book and just before he could cast the counter spell they discover James has disappeared. The three of them start searching the castle for him but it turns out to be hopeless. Amber manages to get James to come out of hiding by singing their royal twin song, which they use to sing when they were little. Cedric finds the counter spell and changes James back to his original age (with no memory of the experience) just in time for the twins' birthday party. At the party, Amber gives James his newly repaired kazoo and their parents give a bicycle for James and a unicorn for Amber. James and Amber decide to share their gifts and begin to happily chase each other around the castle grounds.
Home Video Release
- Ariel Winter as Sofia
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Princess Amber
- Zach Callison as Prince James
- Julie Dolan as Baby James
- Jess Harnell as Cedric the Sorcerer
- Sara Ramirez as Queen Miranda
- Travis Willingham as King Roland II
- Jim Cummings as Rex
- Wayne Brady as Clover
- Ashley Eckstein as Mia
- Meghan Strange as Robin
- Tim Gunn as Baileywick
- The episode's title is also a reference to the title of the 1987 Touchstone's comedy film, Three Men and a Baby.
- This episode marks the second time Amber asks Cedric for a favor to suit her needs, though it would be the third if she took the trick shoes with his permission.
- This is the first episode in which Sofia pronounces Cedric's name correctly.
- This is the third time James is affected by magic. The first time was in Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess and the second time was in "The Baker King".
- Starting with this episode, the animation is changed slightly. The most notable is the new vibrant tone on the characters, such as Sofia's hair appearing lighter and Amber's gown appearing duller.
- Prince Zandar, Princess Clio and some Royal Prep students make first re-appearances in this second season.
- This is the second time Sofia is famously seen sliding down the banister, the first time was in Once Upon a Princess during the song A Little Bit Of Food.
- Flora's model castle from "The Shy Princess" can be seen among the mess of toys, as well as the pink teddy bear from "Baileywick's Day Off" and the sorcerer puppet from "The Big Sleepover".
- Despite everyone stating that James was reverted to two months old, he is more in line with two years old. A two month old baby would be unable to walk and talk like James does in this episode.
- Moral: It is nice to share.