- Fillmore: "Hey, Luigi. Which way to the hotel, man?"
Luigi: "What? No friend of mine will stay in a hotel in-a my village. You will stay with my...
- —Luigi introduces Uncle Topolino to his friends.
Topolino is kind and nice, and loves to help out. This is parodied in the trailer "V12 TV" when he takes the name of "Dr. Fill it Up", a parody of Dr. Phil.
In the small village of Carsoli, near Porto Corsa, Italy, Luigi’s favorite uncle, Uncle Topolino, resides with his beloved wife, Mama Topolino. Uncle Topolino is a 1937 Fiat 500 "Topolino" and the owner of the village’s tire shop, Topolino's Tires, where he taught Luigi and Guido everything they know, though Uncle Topolino is full of sage advice about more than just tires.
In the movie, he greets Team Lightning McQueen. He then says that he can tell that McQueen is sad, but he states later that Luigi told him. McQueen tells Topolino his problem of being mean to Mater and Mater leaving. He tells McQueen some wise words of wisdom. He tells him that Luigi and Guido used to always fight, but they always resolved their problems. After strolling off with Mama Topolino, he is not seen for the rest of the movie.
- Topolino is a tribute to the Fiat 500 "Topolino" as well as a Disney in-joke: Topolino ("little mouse") is Mickey's name in Italian.
- Uncle Topolino is a 1937 Fiat 500 "Topolino".
- Uncle Topolino along with Mama Topolino are some of the very few characters with no turntable video.
- According to his die-cast version, his license plate reads GE-18 31A6.
- Uncle Topolino's voice actor Franco Nero once portraited a spaghetti western hero called Django, who shares his name with Ratatouille protagonist's father.
- Franco Nero is also Vanessa Redgrave (Mama Topolino)'s real life husband.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|