"Untold Treasures" is the seventeenth episode of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.
Crewmates Mickey and Minnie seek to find a buried treasure before Peg-Leg Pete uses it to become the most powerful pirate on the seven seas.
Mickey and Minnie are crewmates in a pirate ship ruled by greedy, stingy and evil Captain Pete, who wants to find a lost treasure on an island but only keep it all to himself. Even his sailors dislike him.
Attempting to become the new leaders of the ship and make it fairer for everyone who works there, Mickey and Minnie steal the treasure map from Pete while he’s asleep and go after the gold by themselves.
After evading deadly traps and ravenous mermaids and winning a musical challenge from a spooky pirate skeleton, the couple finally finds the precious treasure. But Pete soon appears with his men and forces the two heroes to give him the gold.
Afterwards, he makes them walk the plank to be eaten by carnivorous seals. Then the sailors finally start a mutiny and save Mickey and Minnie, allowing them to defeat the evil and dishonest captain.
Later, Minnie becomes the new beloved ship captain and Mickey goes on an adventure by himself in the seven seas, but they promised to see each other again.
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey Mouse, Pirate Skeleton, & Small Sailor
- Jeff Bennett as Parrot
- Jim Cummings as Pete
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Minnie Mouse
- Instead of a romantic relationship as per usual, Mickey and Minnie are initially depicted as rivals and then eventually just friends in this short.
- This features Mickey and Minnie’s relationship issue.
- The episode features multiple references to Peter Pan and the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
- Minnie's outfit resembles that of Redd.
- Pete’s attire and color scheme resembles that of Captain Hook. To emphasize this, Pete’s wooden peg-leg is replaced with a hook.
- Pete’s alias in the cartoon is “Hook-Leg Pete”.
- The blue-and-white-striped uniforms of Pete’s crew members resemble the outfit of Mr. Smee.
- The island itself is primarily based on Neverland with a Skull Rock, a Mermaid Lagoon, and Hangman's Tree.
- Pete's bedroom features a statue of Captain Hook while his bed is taken from the Captain's Quarters seen in the skeleton caves of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
- The mermaids living in the Mermaid Lagoon are directly lifted from Mary Blair's concept art for the scene.
- The Jolly Roger seen in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction appears inside a cave.