It seems like for every movie or TV show there is, there's always a ship for the characters involved. However, there are some shippings that I simply do not like. Please remember, this is my list, and it in no way reflects your opinions on these upcoming pairings. You have been warned.
- Any noncanical pairings involving the Frozen characters: To my knowledge, there are three major ships in this film. They are: Helsa, Hanna, and Elsanna. Let's begin with the Hanna and Helsa ships. Do I even need to explain why I don't like these pairings? Hans tried to have both sisters killed so that he could take over Arendelle in Elsa's place. This is self-explanatory. And then there's Elsanna, or the incestuous pairing between Elsa and her younger sister Anna. However, unlike the previous pairings that I had mentioned, I don't hate this pairing. Don't get me wrong, incest is morally wrong and is considered taboo in several countries, but the reason as to why I personally dislike this pairing is because it completely retcons the entire moral to the movie. The moral that the movie was trying to convey was that familial love, or in this case sisterly love, was stronger than romantic love. This is expressed with Anna's sacrifice for her sister, and it's expressed when it's revealed that Elsa's love for Anna was what ultimately caused her to have control over her powers. Pairing Elsa with her sister completely destroys this message that the film was trying to convey, and it also doesn't make a lick of sense considering that Anna already has a canon love interest in the film. However, again, I don't hate this pairing, nor do I criticize any of the fans of the film for shipping these two together. It's just not my cup of tea, but I can see where they're coming from. Who knows, maybe if they weren't sisters in the film, maybe they could've been a good match, and this whole incest thing could've been avoided. And before I forget, there was another major pairing with Elsa, but this time, it actually attempts to make a crossover pairing with Jack Frost from DreamWorks' Rise of the Guardians. I don't like this pairing either, due to the huge age drift, but that's beside the point.
- Frollo and Esmeralda: Do I even have to explain this one?
- Ralph and Vanellope: This pairing is a major problem, because it essentially involves fans of the Wreck-It Ralph film trying to age Vanellope up into a young woman so that she could be with Ralph. There's also those fans that attempted to pair Vanellope up with Turbo/King Candy, and that is wrong on so many levels.
- Gaston and Belle: Gaston never loved Belle. He only thought of her as a pretty face that he should possess, because he's Gaston.
- Quasimodo and Esmeralda: Before you raise your pitchforks at me, let me explain. Quasimodo was only infatuated with Esmeralda after she had shown kindness to him. He constantly portrayed her as a figure of pure beauty and perfection, that he never really saw the real her, only a concept of what he thought she was like. Phoebus, however, saw the real Esmeralda, and this was the reason as to why he got her in the end.
What are your least favorite pairings?