It may not be suitable for all readers.
Chad, Mitchell, and Wyatt, three college students invite their friends Natalie, Alissa, and Mimi to a Halloween party. Natalie's father Ian forbids her to attend and she later makes a video chat with Chad.
That night, Sarah and Bernadette hand out candy for trick-or-treaters, though Bernadette steals candy back from them. George dresses up as a ghost to frighten the women with their friend Daisy as his accomplice. Ian arranges for Sarah to stay at his house to prevent Natalie from attending the party. To keep the oldsters busy so they can sneak out, Natalie and Alissa told a ghost story about a man named Jack Hammersmith who killed his family that leads to the adults to stay in their rooms.
Sarah realizes that the girls are at the party, so she crashes it to look for Natalie, but get ejected along with Bernadette and Daisy after shutting the party down by turning off the music. Natalie overhears the boys planning to take revenge on Sarah. Upon returning home, they begin to experience the paranormal. Bernadette sees a bloody writing on the mirror saying "get out or die" while Daisy sees a group of demonic hands from the TV and Sarah gets attacked by the ghost of Jack Hammerstein. They all leave the house as they get a disturbing phone call from the ghost. George decides stays home.
As the car engine breaks, they get chased by a group of zombies. Sarah runs into a farmhouse where she finds a gun to shoot a group of zombies. As the oldsters returned home, they payed for salvation on the supernatural threats, the ghost returns and reveals that the guys who invited Natalie were only using her. Finally fed up, Sarah, Bernadette, and Daisy storm up to Natalie's room and tell her to pack up her things. As the family leave, Chad, Mitchell, and Wyatt get in the house to find Alissa's corpse. They both had a threesome sex, unaware of the ghost is still roaming the house.
The next day, the boys saw Alissa being dragged away by the ghost. Mimi arrived and blamed the boys for the death of Alissa. The boys didn't think of it as true, however Mimi made it clear it was true. After the boys are proved innocent, Mimi sees the ghost and gets her head bashed. Meanwhile, Sarah contacts Ian about the house and Ian agrees to join in. As they returned home, the boys gets under attacked by the six remaining zombies, in which Sarah had forgot about. The boys apologized for their mistakes and the zombies along with the ghost disappeared.
In the aftermath, the family returns home, claiming everything is safe. Sarah then finds a note from the ghost saying that the boys begged for forgiveness and will be able to forgive Natalie too. After that, the family celebrated their return.
- June Squibb as Sarah, Ian's mother and Natalie's grandmother.
- Mel Brooks as George, Ian's father and Natalie's grandfather.
- Jason Ritter as Ian, Sarah and George's son and Natalie's father.
- Debra Jo Rupp as Bernadette, Sarah's sister and Ian's aunt.
- Kathy Najimy as Daisy, a friend of Sarah's.
- Joey King as Natalie, Ian's daughter.
- Drew Ray Taylor as Chad, a college student who invited Natalie to a party.
- Nicolas Bechtel as Mitchell, a college student who is romantically interested in Chad.
- Anthony Keyvan as Wyatt, a college student who is also romantically interested in Chad.
- Emma Chamberlain as Alissa, one of Natalie's friends.
- Bethany Mota as Mimi, one of Natalie's friends.
- Javier Botet as Jack Hammerstein's Ghost