What's up, guys? Tigerfan45 here, and, I'm back again. I've been hearing a lot lately about the upcoming live action remake of the lion king. Now, you guys all know that I ADORE the original version of The Lion King, as it's my all time favorite movie. And, we have been getting a lot of recent live action remakes of our favorite Disney classics. Some, like The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast were really good (jungle book in particular! That one was awesome!), some, like Pete's Dragon were just ok, and, some, like Alice in Wonderland were just utter trash. But, how do I feel about my favorite movie being remade into live action?
What am I most excited about for this?
- 1: Well, it's an obvious reason: It's The Lion King.
- 2: It's being directed by Jon Favreau, the same guy who directed jungle book. Plus, Favreau's sticking with the story of the original.
- 3: James Earl Jones is reprising his role as Mufasa. This is amazing news! Nobody could play Mufasa the way he did.
- 4: It's gonna have the songs from the original: "Circle of Life", "I Just Can't Wait to Be King", "Hakuna Matata", and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". It'll be great to hear all the great songs from my childhood done with a new twist
- 5: Elton John, Tim Rice, and Hans Zimmer are going to work on the music again. It's great that these three musical geniuses will be working on the songs and score again. I also wonder if there will be any new songs, like what they did for Beauty and the Beast.
- 6: How the movie's visuals will look. The original movie had some PHENOMENAL visuals, no doubt, but, I really want to see what the new version will look like.
Something that does kinda bug me
I'd say the only thing that really bugs me about the production of this movie is something in the casting. Don't get me wrong, they have chosen a very great cast, except for Florence Kasumba as Shenzi. Since she's mainly played Marvel villains before, that just- doesn't say "Shenzi" to me, especially since Whoopi Goldberg was very hilarious as her in the original.
But, overall, I'm very excited for this movie, or, should I say "Oh, I Just Can't Wait To SEE King!" And, I assure you that I will review the remakes of Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book soon. See ya later!