An optimistic robot similar to both R2-D2 and C-3PO from Star Wars, he is very clever, polite and smart, though he does have a tendency towards displaying an air of superiority towards those he feels beneath him.
Role in the film
V.I.N.CENT served as a utility robot aboard the U.S.S. Palomino and as the crew was on the return journey home he detected the black hole, the largest one he had ever encountered. He also picked up the presence of the U.S.S. Cygnus dangerously close to the hole. as the U.S.S. Palomino went in to investigate they got caught in the black hole's gravity pull. As the ship started to suffer sever damage, V.I.N.CENT went out to to affect repairs. He almost got pulled into the black hole but managed to pull himself back to the ship and held on as they escaped the gravity pull and landed aboard the Cygnus.
At first, the crew thought V.I.N.CENT was lost to the black hole but were glad to find him safe and sound. Although he is just a robot, the crew care for him because he was part of their crew. Charlie Pizer nearly tried to risk his life by going out there to save him until captain Holland ordered him to stay at his post. V.I.N.CENT felt uneasy once they were aboard the Cygnus and nearly engaged a physical confrontation with Reinhardt's number one robot Maximilian. Although Maximilian was ordered to treat the Palomino crew as their guests, V.I.N.CENT still showed no trust to Maximilian or Reinhardt. He also met another robot like him named B.O.B. who warned him about the danger he and his friends were in.
As the Cygnus began to tear apart, V.I.N.CENT and his friends made a run for the probe ship since the Palomino was destroyed when Harry Booth tried to escape. He engaged Maximilian in battle and was almost defeated until he drilled through his circuitry and severed Maximilian's hover stabilizers, allowing the gravity forces to pull Maximilian towards the Black Hole. Although victorious he lost his friend B.O.B. who was short circuited by Maximilian. "We'll never be obsolete. Carry on the tradition. We're the best." He escaped aboard the Probe ship with Dan, Charlie and Kate but get sucked into the black hole and out into an unknown galaxy.
- He appears in Epic Mickey as a breakable item in Tomorrow City.
- Some of his parts appear in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two as a Blotworx.
- He also appears in Star Tours: The Adventures Continue in G2-9T's luggage scanner.
- A robot resembling V.I.N.CENT appears in an episode of Sealab 2021 as a janitorial robot.
- V.I.N.CENT also appeared in the South Park "Imaginationland" story arc/movie. He was among the imaginary characters to evacuate when the terrorists attack in "Episode I". In "Episode II" he is among the last good imaginary characters to reach Castle Sunshine before Butters, the Lollipop King, and Snarf from ThunderCats made it there.