Vallestrella (pronounced vy-est-ray-a) is a location in Elena of Avalor. It is an enchanted realm filled with sentient magical beings both good and evil. It is the homeworld to hybridized creatures, most notably the Jaquins, and is ruled by King Verago, Skylar and Nico's father. The entrance resides in a hidden cave that only Jaquins can access.
Humans are not allowed there because years ago, a human accidentally released Kirin, an evil monster the Jaquins had their biggest battle against and won, but at a terrible cost. Numerous other dark forces have been imprisoned in Vallestrella as well, such as Marimonda, an evil forest sprite who tried to destroy every city in Avalor centuries ago but was stopped by the sunbirds with ancient magic.
Creatures Native to Vallestrella
- Jaquins: jaguars with macaw wings and tail feathers
- Sun Birds: winged serpent-like dragons
- Flaringos: flamingo/giraffe hybrids that have the head, wings, and tail feathers of flamingos, the body, neck, and legs of giraffes, and hair-like feathers on their heads
- Veloz Ciervos: deer that are the fastest creatures in Vallestrella
- Butterfrogs: frogs with butterfly wings
- Peabunnies: rabbits with peacock tails
- Dragallos: Voracious creatures that have the heads of chickens and the bodies of lizards that never stop eating
- Alpacamundis: alpacas that are not only the size of and have tails like coatimundis
- Vallestrella is a contracted Spanish saying meaning “Valley of the Stars”