Verna Felton was an Emmy-nominated American character actress and voice actress, who voiced several characters in Disney animated films. She died of a stroke just a few hours before the death of Walt Disney early the following morning. Her son, actor Lee Millar, provided the voice of Jim Dear in Lady and the Tramp, while she provided the voice of Aunt Sarah in the film.
Outside of Disney, Felton made a living as a radio voice on programs, like The Jack Benny Program, The Abbot and Costello Show, The Joan Davis Show, The Judy Canova Show, and A Day in the Life of Dennis Day. Her television credits include I Love Lucy, Where's Raymond, December Bride, Pete and Gladys, Dennis the Menace, and the voice of Pearl Slaghoople in Hanna-Barbera's The Flintstones.
She died on December 14, 1966, the day before Walt Disney died.
- Dumbo (1941) as The Elephant Matriarch/Mrs. Jumbo
- Cinderella (1950) as the Fairy Godmother
- Alice in Wonderland (1951) as the Queen of Hearts
- Lady and the Tramp (1955) as Aunt Sarah
- Sleeping Beauty (1959) as Flora
- Goliath II (1960) as Eloise
- The Jungle Book (1967) as Winifred (posthumous role)
- In the 2019 remake of Dumbo, there is an employee who works for Vandevere Enterprises named "Miss Verna", which is a possible tribute to Felton.