Violet Sabrewing is a supporting character the DuckTales reboot. She is a hummingbird named after her species - Violet Sabrewing.
She used to believe that magic was not a thing and only believed in books and logic. When the Shadow War occurred, she later became very interested in learning about magic and the Shadow Realm.
Violet is a smart and fun girl. She likes to review books at the library. She is not the most emotive, IE her monotone voice due to her stoic nature.
Violet is a guest star in the episode "Friendship Hates Magic!". She befriends Webby Vanderquack and knows that she goes on adventures with Scrooge McDuck. Lena thinks that she is a knockoff version of herself. However, they both work together to save Webby. At the end of the episode, Violet and Webby bring Lena back and all of the girls become best friends.
In "A Nightmare on Killmotor Hill!", Violet comes to the sleepover at McDuck Manor and goes on dream adventures with her friends.
In "Moonvasion!", Violet helps Scrooge fight the Moonlanders when they invade Earth. The battle, however, was successful when Lunaris gets defeated.
In "Challenge of the Senior Junior Woodchucks!", she is revealed to be a member of the Junior Woodchucks. She and Huey compete to know who is better to which during the final challenge, Violet saves him from falling into the volcano's lava, even though it is against the rules. In addition to this, Violet's fathers are introduced in this episode.
- Her name is based on her species; a very large hummingbird native to southern Mexico and Central America as far south as Costa Rica and western Panama.
- Her dry bookish personality is based on the character Egon Spengler from the film Ghostbusters (1984).
- In "The Phantom and the Sorceress!", it is implied that she has sanguivoraphobia, the fear of vampires.
- In her debut episode it is revealed that she can speak Old Norse.
- She is the first character in Disney media to have gay fathers. The second is Willow Park from The Owl House.