When Roger’s computer begins to act up while he is developing his game, Roger and Cruella get zapped inside the computer game when they try to compete with each other on the game. However, they soon realize that they need to beat the game in order for them to get out alive, but since they are playing multiplayer, only one of them will be able to escape.
- The name "Barkio", the player Dalmatian in Roger's game, is a likely homage to the character Mario, also supported by the game starting with his head on the screen, relating to Nintendo 64's launch title, Super Mario 64.
- Combined, Cadpig and Rolly weigh eight pounds.
- Cruella is claimed to weigh one hundred pounds in this episode.
- The inside of Villa DeVil in Roger's game looks like M. C. Escher's image, Relativity.
- Cruella is made to look like Medusa in the Villa DeVil level. This may be a possible reference to Madame Medusa from The Rescuers, a villainess who was based on her.
- When Lucky, Cadpig and Rolly play as Barkio, they resemble a three-headed canine, like Cerberus.
- Cruella digs up and rides a large worm in the game. This may be a possible homage to either Tremors or Dune.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Cruella can talk to any of the puppies ("A Christmas Cruella" being the other), and the only time that includes Lucky.