May works to uncover the truth about what happened to her; AIDA's next move puts everyone's life at risk.
Johnson and Mace attend a Senate hearing to ratify the former's signing of the Sokovia Accords, with Senator Nadeer questioning Johnson's undercover actions. Coulson and Yo-Yo infiltrate Nadeer's office to install surveillance devices, but are caught, giving Nadeer an excuse to start a full investigation of S.H.I.E.L.D. The May LMD realizes that she subconsciously leaked the details of Coulson's plan and confronts Radcliffe, as Fitz discovers Radcliffe's treachery from the original AIDA's programming. Radcliffe explains to the LMD that her programming will not allow her to reveal her nature to anyone else, just before S.H.I.E.L.D. arrives and arrests him. Fitz later confronts Radcliffe in his cell and deduces that he is also an LMD—the real Radcliffe sought protection from Nadeer after AIDA's initial failure. He and AIDA have May captive with them, her mind in a virtual reality simulation of a tragic past event. Meanwhile, Mack and Yo-Yo have grown close and he tells her of his daughter Hope from a past marriage who died as an infant.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May/Melinda May (Life-Model Decoy)
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Yo-Yo Rodriguez
- Jason O'Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace
- Mallory Jansen as AIDA
- Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot
- Parminder Nagra as Ellen Nadeer
- Chuck McCollum as Committee Chairperson
- Sally Shamrell as Committee Member
- Mikel Miller as Capitol Police Lt.
- Ava Acres as Katya Belyakov
- Jonathan Stanley as Attendant