Walt Disney Animation Canada, Inc. (WDAC) was a Canadian animation production company and subsidiary of Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Animation Canada was opened in January 1996 to tap Canada's animator pool and produce direct-to-video. Industry Canada rules were dispensed by the Canadian Government with a multi-year commitment from Disney for the company.
WDAC produced in 1997 Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas then worked with Australia and Japan subcontractors on Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World. In fall 1999, Animation Canada stopped work on Peter and Jane, a Peter Pan sequel original designed as its first theatrical release but was changed to a video release. In Spring 2000, due to weak financial performance, Animation Canada was closed. With Canada's closure, work on Peter and Jane was moved to the Australia and Japan units.
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997)
- Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (1998)
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998)
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999)
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000)
- Return to Never Land (2002)
- Mickey Mouse Works (1999–2000)
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia page Walt Disney Animation Canada. The list of authors can be seen in the . Text from Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.|