Walt Disney Pictures, also known as Disney Live-Action, is an American-based film studio part of The Walt Disney Studios. The films made by Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar are also promoted under Walt Disney Pictures.
Walt Disney Pictures was established as a division of Walt Disney Productions (now The Walt Disney Company) on April 1, 1983, and the first film to bear the "Walt Disney Pictures" banner was Never Cry Wolf. Prior to that, "Walt Disney Productions" was the credit used for the company's live action films, with its first one, Treasure Island, making its theatrical premiere in 1950.
Although the banner maintains a family friendly image, generally releasing G and PG rated films, some of the films under the Walt Disney Pictures banner got a PG-13 rating from the MPA:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- John Carter (2012)
- The Lone Ranger (2013)
- Saving Mr. Banks (2013)
- The Finest Hours (2016)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)
- Hamilton (2020)
- Mulan (2020)
Four of the five highest grossing movies from Disney have Johnny Depp in a major role.
- Walt Disney Pictures logo
- List of Disney feature films for both live-action and animated films released under the Walt Disney Pictures label.
- List of Disney animated features for the traditionally animated and CGI animated "Disney movies".